• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Advantages of Having a Laptop for the HSC (1 Viewer)

cassiecocaine

HSC
Laptop helped me heaps! My boyfriend got it for me in July :)

Pro:
- No fighting over the home computer anymore (yes, siblings)
- All your shit is in one place, its so much more organized (can finally do homework IN MY ROOM)
- I didn't take it into lessons, I ALWAYS hand write notes, but for free periods to type up essays or finish stuff off when we got kicked off computers in the library (year 12's don't get first priority, see)
- Great for study session with friends, when everyone can be on their own laptop and you can help eachother
- Plus mine's a HP mini, so it can go anywhere

Cons:
- I do not have a printer connected to mine, so I must flash drive>home computer>print shit
- Yes, massive distraction
- That's all.

I seriously recommend one, especially if you have siblings that use the one computer in the house as well.

cheekyrebel

HSC
N/A
i got a laptop.. and just dont have it connected to the net.. therefore no distractions. i use the family computer for the net and the rents only let us use it for homework n stuff and fb sometimes =)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Wish I could use a computer in my HSC :(
I write 800-900 words in 40 minutes. In that time, I could probably type more than 4000 words. Such a wasted opportunity..

Oh yeah, laptop is massssssively distracting
But oh so convenient for typing up essays

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
Pro: (I would expect this to have been said already, but anyway), it's portable- thus you can move it AWAY from the TV, you don't have to share it with any other siblings.
That's basically why I got one. I got sick of having to share the computer with my brothers who WEREN'T doing the HSC.

Con: Gotta buy for security updates, Microsoft Office and the like. And writing my notes is better for me to retain information, so perhaps typing your notes might be detrimental to your learning. But, whatever works for you :]

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
tbh if you have a computer you can use for assignments there is no need for the HSC, all it does is distract you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)