Advice/Opinions on my subjects selected (1 Viewer)

herrow

HSC
I have finally chosen my subjects to do for my HSC in 2011 & 2012. I would like your opinions on them & if possible tell be about the workload of the subject.

English Standard
Mathematics
Maths Extension 1
IPT
SDD
Physics
Information Technology TVET

I've still got time to change my subjects but I would like to know more about Information Technology (TVET). How often do you have to go to TAFE?

Also with the subjects I've chosen, how hard would it be to get an ATAR of 83+? My school is ranked somewhere between 250-280.

MinaDoan

HSC
You may want to change Eng standard to Advance because my teacher told me that the Advance course is a little bit higher than standard and you can get high mark in HSC.
I am not going to do any of them so just to let you know. :)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Any combination of subjects can lead to a high ATAR.

herrow

HSC
Lots of people have been telling me that Advanced English is much better. What's the reason? I'm not in the top English class but my rank is within the top 40 of my year.

How much more work do you have to do in Adv. English compared to Std. English & is it true that they expect better responses?

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
^its very hard to get a Band 6 in Standard English.
it's also very boring, the people in your classes will be less inclined to want to learn, teachers are lazy, and it aligns poorly

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
In Advanced you're more likely to get a higher mark, and it's not that much more work in comparison.

arjun9194

HSC
N/A
hey umm im in the same situation
im crap with essays, creativity, well in total i hate english and shakespeare.
if this is the case what should i do but i still want an ATAR of 94+?

Tofuu

HSC
You may want to change Eng standard to Advance because my teacher told me that the Advance course is a little bit higher than standard and you can get high mark in HSC.
I am not going to do any of them so just to let you know. :)
do this

smile-san

HSC
hey guys,

ik this is a pretty dumb question but for example if you chose standard english for yr 11 and 12 and then you improved, is it possible to pick up english advanced? Or is it that if you choose standard english, you have to complete it all the way to year 12?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
hey guys,

ik this is a pretty dumb question but for example if you chose standard english for yr 11 and 12 and then you improved, is it possible to pick up english advanced? Or is it that if you choose standard english, you have to complete it all the way to year 12?
Save yourself the trouble and do Adv now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)