• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Aerospace engineering course in uni (1 Viewer)

kooltrainer

HSC
im fascinated in flying, space and physics .. would aerospace engineering be the course for me?? .. if anyones planning to do it.. whats it like? is it very hard ? like mechanics in 4u maths ? or is it like physics where u have a formula and sub things in and answer questions..

Also, i've noticed the UAI cut off for this course in sydney uni is around like 99.8 but in UNSW its 88?? whys that? or are they different courses .. whats difference between aerospace and aeronautical engineering??

Sonata

HSC
eh wen working as a aerospace engineer ur dealing with space craft so in other words ur calculations have to be extremely accurate since your launching ppl into out of space, so their lives are in your hand and if u screw up it costs a lot of money since the fuel required to launch into space is heaps.
aeronautical enginner deals with aircrafts?
correct me if im wrong lol

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
I dont get it though.

100's of people graduate each year in Aerospace engineering.

Yet the number of space shuttle launches is so low.
Is it hard to find a job..supply>demand??

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
risole91 said:
I dont get it though.

100's of people graduate each year in Aerospace engineering.

Yet the number of space shuttle launches is so low.
Is it hard to find a job..supply>demand??
Because it's harder to design one decent one and launch it. It also takes huge amount of money. 90% of the graduate would probably work together to make a decent one. It just doesn't take few people to do the job.

Not only that, Aerospace engineers don't just work for space shuttles. They work for commercial planes as well.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
i thought aeronautical engineering was for commercial plane designs.

im not at a 99.8 atm, so im looking at aeronautical engineering and shipping my ass to aerospace after a year hopefully.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)