after thoguhts??? (1 Viewer)

bandwagon

HSC
N/A
i think i sucjed shit in the second focus study. i did world order how did you all go.
law and soc; okay to good, abit unsure of the short answers
crime; terrific
family; so so
world order; sucked shit

my future's down the drain.

hscamper

HSC
i also thought crime was good ... i had a feeling defences and the elements of a crime would b tested!.. i also liked short answers devoted entirely to human rights but some m.c's were a bit of a toss up.... i rekon that the board makes the essay questions a little too broad sometimes but it was easy to get something down ... overall was pretty much wat i expected. :cool:

jessika

law chicky
HSC
I thought the essays were sorta okay, except I spent way too long them (my exam result is depending on these essays)
the short answers were good
the multiple choice were okay
crime - didn't finish the 7 marks question, and I didn't get around to the 9 mark question, which was a pity because I really liked that question and knew heaps on it.

Last edited:

jessika

law chicky
HSC
nah, I like spending more time on the essays, and I thoguht it would be okay, because I did the mc in the reading time and the HR in about 25 or so, but I guess I may have rambled a bit in the essays, like Im doign right now lol :)

natt

I thought it was pretty good.
And there were NO surprises..phew.
Feelin confident about that one.

were sum of the multiple chice a bit iffy for u guys?

jessika

law chicky
HSC
there was 2, but I thought they were okay, but then again I haven't looked at the question paper again, Im too scared Ill discover I did something wrong hehe

jessika

law chicky
HSC
what did everyone get for their multiple choice?

Zenithliza

I felt a bit iffy about some of the mutiple choice, and thought my workplace essay was pretty average. But overall, I think it was pretty good. Atleast legal is somewhat straightforward.. (unlike English) so I feel ok about it.

freedom

hey

would anyone know how to get the real answers for mulitple choice?

exam was predictable

human rights was good

crime was good- although i wish it said for 9 marker and other examples if it did i would have used it- i was contemplating it but i wanted to keep in time limit anyways...ah well

family- choose B and did rights of children being enhanced in recent refroms and alternative family arrangements and de factos

shelter- had 30 minutes left and choose a. did public housing and discrimination and i was come on just try reach another page so i kept crapping on....but probably too general! :(

for all the people that have finished YAY to you !!!

for the rest (me on last day grhhhh:mad: goodluck for the rest of the exams!!!

no more legal studies (except for human rights for me YAY!)

;)

Jabba

The crime question was shit...............it was a freaking story, I mean, what are we, 12? Obviously they regard year 12 students to have the reading abilities of 4 year olds.

- Princess Leia

bugger

Didn't like the multiple choise at all.

Short answers were pretty easy, like last yr.

The crime question was good but to put everything down and have a good answer took long and ate into the essay time.

I did the second Consumer essay, allright, nothing special, I suppose I'll have to wait for my marks.

I did the first Family essay, didn't really like it, last yr essay question I think were more easily understood.

Think I might get somewhere around high Band 4, my school marks might just put me in Band 5.

How was other people's school marks?

herbsby

i LURRRRRRVVVED crime, considering i only studied it for 20mins last nite i was sweet as....
hr's was pretty good
multiple choice...hm.... but iffy....

ESSAY!!!!! FARK!!!! i screwed them both up, i did the remedies one, and what is it with ALL YEAR PRACTICING effectiveness, and then it not being in the frekkin hsc!!!! i was heaps better at effectiveness.....
thank god for my assessment marks, and other subjects where the hsc was good......coz i fucked up big time for essays, i rekon ill be lucky to get 17/25.....:(

Anyways....all over now... nothing i can do!
Just hope that my UAI will be ok.......
anyways
party time now :)
:disco: :drink:

Christine

beige member
HSC
basically i screwed my focus areas up....

law reform??? ugh, i spend all yr perfecrting 'effectiveness' and they give us law reform. :( :(

*cajunga*

loved crime
loved human rights
multi choice was okay
i screwed both of the essays though...
i just basically rambled for a couple of booklets....
hoping crime will pull me though:cool:

....now it's time to catch up on lost sleep! 3unit english and legal two days in a row - i'm all crammed out zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

emz102

overall pretty good exam no surprises... very happy
pretty much wot was expected..
for human rights i did pinochet.. any1 else do that? i dunno if its right

Juliette

Helen and Tom the hypercrims

Legal? I reckon they might as well have skipped bothering to write a paper sat us down and said 'You write what u have learnt in this subject on this piece of paper"

I think it was SOOOOOOO vague.....
CRIME: Maybe the legal brains at the department just wanted to try out their creative writing skills ( I agree with you jabba) could be squish anymore crimes into that scenario?? Ooh I dunno maybe on the way home they left a child in their stolen vehicle, used a prostitute and falshed a granny!!!! :mad:

Nonetheless I thought it was survivable:
- they said to use the scenario, did you guys use many supplementary cases/legislation?

HUMAN RIGHTS: See also last years paper - top marks for doing something new!! NOT! heres me thought I was so clever coz I was in their brains and surely they wouldnt do ANOTHER eg of HR violations.... then heres me cursing in 'exam conditions'. good old thai sex slaves story comes in handy in such emergencies

FAMILY: (b) As I said majorly vague - I had memorised the whole unit so well I could recite it, so I was raving bigtime... covered mostly dissolution of marriage and recent improvements as well as de facto/ homosexual dissolution, childrens rights to maintenance, inheritance yada. Hope I got thru enough family members
:(

GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT: My class is prob the only one in the state doing this so no point harping on about it.

Im sure you all did fine, anyways i think the new rubric will mark easier

Brenno_

the assessment mark is only relative to how well you and ur school goes in the hsc exam, then its scaled. i thought the whole test was good, much easier than last years i reckon. juliette, i do family and global environment too, did a) for both of them:cool:

katles

I thought the exam was really easy. Crime was so good, it was basically the same as the trial just with different stimulus material, Human Rights was so straight forward. The focus questions were good too. I did family a) talked about dissolutionment of marriage and 'best interests of the child' mainly and Global Environment (grr) i did b) and just blabbered on for about 10 pages about nothing in particular. :wave:

mmhmm

Originally posted by herbsby

ESSAY!!!!! FARK!!!! i screwed them both up, i did the remedies one, and what is it with ALL YEAR PRACTICING effectiveness, and then it not being in the frekkin hsc!!!! i was heaps better at effectiveness.....

For every part (a) of the options wernt they also looking for you to evaluate the effectiveness of remedies?? dont they expeect u no matter to talk about the effectiveness?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)