• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

aircon trains (1 Viewer)

jannny

HSC
Hey guys

So today I went to Sydney Uni to accompany a friend and when it was time to go home, it was so hot in the train with virtually 30+ people in the carriage with no AIRCON.

As you know, the train timetable does not show whether the train is air conditioned or not. So from Central going to western sydney and vice versa, what times do regular air con trains run in the morning or afternoon?

thank you!: )

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
all i know is that the 9am, 10am and 11am services to Hornsby from Richmond are more often than not air conditioned. so are like every second train in the other direction from about 3pm.

i wouldn't have a clue about the rest, i generally only catch the train at the times i just mentioned

i don't think its set in stone anyway

Evilo

HSC
harden up and bring a bottle of water. /thread

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
THIRTY PLUS PEOPLE IN A CARRIAGE?!?!?!?!

oh noes, you might have had to sit two people across some of the three person seats!!! :O

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Evilo said:
harden up and bring a bottle of water. /thread
qft.

like i said you can't guarantee it...you can't just sit there waiting for an airconditioned train to come along...and aircon doesnt always equal comfort either, ever caught the evening peak train home? when you're standing under 50 other people's armpits for an hour and a half, a climate controlled environment to do it in doesn't make much difference.

Evilo

HSC
withoutaface said:
THIRTY PLUS PEOPLE IN A CARRIAGE?!?!?!?!

oh noes, you might have had to sit two people across some of the three person seats!!! :O
Wait, stop being so incosiderate! everyone must maintain the 2.5m personal space rule! :hammer:

lol

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
loser101 said:
suck shit for living in the west.

the western suburbs get all the old rattlers.

the north shore get the tangaras and the new shit.

hahahaha stupid westies.
fail.

the only trains we don't get are those newfangled millenium ones. we get tangaras lol.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
loser101 said:
suck shit for living in the west.

the western suburbs get all the old rattlers.

the north shore get the tangaras and the new shit.

hahahaha stupid westies.
Not true.

I get six carriage old school trains at peak hour in the morning on the North Shore line. I can't remember the last time I got a Tangara at peak hour either coming back or going into the city.

The Illawarra line gets Millennium trains in the morning though which I get to catch to uni :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
No <3

At the op :)
oh i see

i'm stoopid :eek:

and actually come to think of it Tulipa is right. the north shore gets the same trains as the westies because it's essentially the same line, it just changes name halfway/over the bridge.

jb_nc

Google &quot;9-11&quot; and &quot;truth&quot;
HSC
N/A
Why would the North Shore get the new trains?

Labor areas get the better trains/buses. I know my area is shafted with shithouse tin-can-sweatshop buses every peak-hour period while I've seen maybe 10 old buses in a year servicing Newtown, ect.

jannny

HSC
ta cosmic dorris and evilo for the answer.

Will bring water definitely

Evilo

HSC
jb_nc said:
Why would the North Shore get the new trains?
I think someones going to argue something about "them being wealthier"

Probably about 60-70% of trains on northshore are tangaras, the rest are the next model down. I havent seen a millenium train on the north shore line... ever.

jannny

HSC
wtf's ur problem? bos has really a shitload of dickheads.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Evilo said:
I think someones going to argue something about "them being wealthier"

Probably about 60-70% of trains on northshore are tangaras, the rest are the next model down. I havent seen a millenium train on the north shore line... ever.
i don't think the millenium trains are built for that line, like the track is too narrow/wide/shit-tastic or something, at least that's what i heard.

on a semi related note they should introduce inter-city style trains for lines as long as the combined western/north shore route. i had to travel from richmond to wahroonga a few times a little while ago and i wanted to kill myself by the time i got off. i had to start alternating between sitting and standing so my butt didn't fall off, hahaha.

Evilo

HSC
jannny said:
wtf's ur problem? bos has really a shitload of dickheads.
is that directed at me? I'm not the one who has to cry myself to sleep when i have to sit near someone else on the train when going home.

Evilo

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i don't think the millenium trains are built for that line, like the track is too narrow/wide/shit-tastic or something, at least that's what i heard.
HMMMmmmmm - well the only 'narrow' part i can think of is the curved platform at wolstencraft/waverton (excuse spelling), but oh well - ill take your word for it.

jannny

HSC
oh no evilo it wasnt directed at you.

aMUSEd1977 said:
Sorry, I didn't realise 30 people in a carriage was such a traumatic event.
I dont really mind, staying with 30 + people or 250 people in a carriage for fucks sakes. But if there's another train coming after 10 minutes that is more comfortable then why not? Obviously that's what Im asking for in this thread and it has been answered.

Anything more smart ass?

Evilo

HSC
10 minutes later there will be another 250 ppl on the station (in peak hr anyway)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)