All Rounders List (1 Viewer)

a037422944

HSC
Uni Grad

ibbi00

HSC
i used: http://topscores.info/select-nsw.php#pagehere
on HSC D.A. Counts per Subject, New South Wales, 2010

are you going off the percentage? or does it say 62 somewhere?
Nah I just used the percentages provided. Another way to do it is to count the number of Band 6's from the distinguished achiever's list supplied by BoS which is probably what the website you mentioned done? Doesn't really matter. Handy website btw.

a037422944

HSC
Uni Grad
Nah I just used the percentages provided. Another way to do it is to count the number of Band 6's from the distinguished achiever's list supplied by BoS which is probably what the website you mentioned done? Doesn't really matter. Handy website btw.
yerr i found that topscores.info is a lot faster/easier for me to stalk people hahaha

mecramarathon

HSC
the "medals" should be arriving in your mails today,

mine looks "dashing ....."

paul5666

HSC
Woo! Got my medal and award. It looks nice but isn't engraved with my name =(

ibbi00

HSC
Anyone recommend a good place for engraving one's name on these babies?

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
You're gonna have to hunt the premier down herself

Ksblue

HSC
N/A
Ummm, perhaps your standards are way too high. There were only 49 99.95 ATARs this year, in which 12 of them were snatched up by Ruse, which only leaves another 37 left... You're telling me that another 750+ schools in this state are crap? ... :\.
Yes unfortunately that is the case. Did you know most schools don't even finish the Extension 2 Mathematics course before the HSC? And then everyone complains about students going to tutors. Its like they want us to fail. If you went to an average comprehensive high school and aimed for a 99+ ATAR you would be severely disadvantaged. The quality of work that the teachers provide will only challenge the dropkicks of the class, whilst the serious ones waste their time with boring work and find they are unable to compete with students at selective schools in the HSC. Furthermore the easier discipline means better teachers opt for Selective Schools in suburban or inner-city areas. This means all the terrible teachers are teaching the worst students in the state.

In the current system high-achieving students are severely disadvantaged. The HSC is not a fair game. The ones who go to comprehensive high schools are disadvantaged by relatively worse teaching, less funds, disruptive classes full of disrespectful students and they are not as informed by their schools as selective school students who are taught to maximise their chances of scholarships, university offers and ATAR. It is a truly unfair system spawned by socioeconomic status and a culture that promotes mediocrity as opposed to real achievement.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Ksblue

That's the reality of life. The better teachers want to teach in the better schools. If you students are not of top quality it is not easy to produce top quality results. So prospective employers are not aware you are good - after all they can only judge you by the number of B6/E4s that you produce. Then the better comprehensive/selective school teachers are head-hunted by the richer private schools which may be able to offer substantially higher pay. So these high schools get their top teaching talent depleted. Like the private sector. If you are known/believed to be good, you are head-hunted. Sad. That's why those who can't (Asians mainly) afford good private schools compete for the selectives. It's a Darwinion world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)