All These Smart People On Bos (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
foram said:
I dunno. How much does he know?
He's really smart and really hard working, but he likes english. Can't be a good sign...
Lol, don't worry, he likes to write with big words but English is obviously not his first language, he occasionally makes strange grammatical errors and often leaves out articles. But considering he has only been here 3 years, it is still very impressive!

Lolita25

HSC
black_kat_meow said:
Lol, don't worry, he likes to write with big words but English is obviously not his first language, he occasionally makes strange grammatical errors and often leaves out articles. But considering he has only been here 3 years, it is still very impressive!
VERY impressive.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
lyounamu is korean = asian. :D He'll like a fan club i think, but he won't say it because he's modest. like me.

.deimonic

HSC
What is with the racism in this topic?

Generally people whom visit this site are smart because the really dumb people don't care about their studies enough to come here.

And for all the asian talk going on here:

1. Asians tend to pick subjects which aren't very english-based i.e. Maths, Science etc. because it is usually hard for them to pick up english when they've lived in another language.

2. Some people assume asians are smarter than other races. This is not true, it's just they are more hard working because of parental pressure and stuff.

3. For the people who are lashing out at asians, you are just racist and immature. Grow up.

vasuu91

HSC
.deimonic said:
What is with the racism in this topic?

Generally people whom visit this site are smart because the really dumb people don't care about their studies enough to come here.

And for all the asian talk going on here:

1. Asians tend to pick subjects which aren't very english-based i.e. Maths, Science etc. because it is usually hard for them to pick up english when they've lived in another language.

2. Some people assume asians are smarter than other races. This is not true, it's just they are more hard working because of parental pressure and stuff.

3. For the people who are lashing out at asians, you are just racist and immature. Grow up.

whos lashing out against asians???? do you mean foram...i thought hes asian as well.
and anyway he has a HUGE superiority complex...

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
yes i'm asian. why would i lash out as asians? i think they're refering to somebody else. And i'm only very slightly egoistical.

Shoubadoo

HSC
What I've wondered is- is the reason some excel at math, physics, chem, etc because they have studied extremely hard, or just because they are much more intelligent than a lot of other folk.?
I mean- why do some people suck at math, and others rule at math?
Someone needs to explain the brain.
:)

.deimonic

HSC
Shoubadoo said:
What I've wondered is- is the reason some excel at math, physics, chem, etc because they have studied extremely hard, or just because they are much more intelligent than a lot of other folk.?
Well sometimes its to do with intelligence (logical thinking) but for the most it's hard work. Even a person who is logical and has a very high IQ will have difficulty doing maths if they never practice.

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Getting high marks in so labelled 'difficult subjects' doesn't necessarily correlate to a high degree of intelligence, it only implies that you knew enough to score well in that particular test, nothing more than that. You can't justly infer that you're 'smart' because you get 95+% in physics or chemistry. Yes these subjects are hard, but if you learn the material, high marks are certainly achievable given that you are somewhat capable of independent thought.

:wave:

adidasboy

weee
HSC
i'm asian my maths is absolutely shit but i am working on it.
If only i had half of Lyounamu's/foram's brain power. if only...
alright back to studying.

.deimonic

HSC
Mark576 said:
Getting high marks in so labelled 'difficult subjects' doesn't necessarily correlate to a high degree of intelligence, it only implies that you knew enough to score well in that particular test, nothing more than that. You can't justly infer that you're 'smart' because you get 95+% in physics or chemistry. Yes these subjects are hard, but if you learn the material, high marks are certainly achievable given that you are somewhat capable of independent thought.

:wave:
On another note some people find physics/chem/maths easy compared to humanities subjects. Different people have different ways of thinking, I think intelligence should not be measured by how well a person does in logical subjects.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Shoubadoo said:
Most of people are apparently inclined to either right side of their brain or left side of their brain. Left-sided people tend to have higher degree of intelligence in the fields of Mathematics and Science where logical thinking is highly favourable and required. On the other hand, right-sided people tend to have higher degree of intelligence in the fields of Visual Arts, History and English were critical and creative thinking is commonly used & needed.

fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
:(

thanks for proving how dumb i am...
I wasn't proving that you were dumb. I was basically proving how smart you are as you are on BOS (Remember? you said that you would like to be as smart as people on BOS).

black_kat_meow said:
Actually, I would attribute the good marks to their lack of a social life and doing everything mummy and daddy tell them, so they spend their days studying and attending tutoring. Oh, and having to learn EMPATHY for the UMAT, lol. Hopeless. To be truly successful, brains is not enough. You need charisma too. Perhaps this is why the oh-so-brainy Asians need to leave their screwed up countries and come here?
Fortunately, I am not one of those Asian kids who do whatever their 'mummy and daddy' tell me.

I would like to excepted as I do have social life (on a side note, I do not attend tutoring). It is just that I study as much as I have social life. My whole studying sessions fall in the morning from 2am to 6.30am. Apart from that, my whole afternoon is dominated by my procrastination :)mad:) & social activities :)D :D :D). I do get criticised my parents for not being Asian-like as I rarely hang out with my Asian fellows & hardly speak my own native language & don't study 24/7. However, I am proud of the fact that I am making most of my Preliminary & HSC year where I am getting a balanced life.

By the way, your generalised comment sounds true for majority of Asian kids at James Ruse while it may be not true for countless Asians out there.

P.S. I do not really understand what you mean by charisma.

Last edited by a moderator:

Felix Jones

HSC
my school has the class 'x', where all the pple who do accelarated maths...omg they are smart.

HSC
I have a different observation. It seems like the current year 11s are so much more dedicated than the year 12s. I'm not talking about BoS alone, it seems to be the same at my school. Maybe they're all talk and will fall into bad habits of procastination and laziness next year. ;D

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
veloc1ty said:
I have a different observation. It seems like the current year 11s are so much more dedicated than the year 12s. I'm not talking about BoS alone, it seems to be the same at my school. Maybe they're all talk and will fall into bad habits of procastination and laziness next year. ;D
Truth be told, alot of my friends don't even MSN anymore (they're year 11) because they're always studying.

Half of them are burnt out already though, lol. They'll surely burn out with the dedication they have to year 11.

On a racial standard of intelligence, Asians only appear smarter because we put in the hard work for it, if a caucasian put in their hard work, they'd rip any asian out there (speaking from experience here). Don't take this too heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)