Always tired (1 Viewer)

muramasa

HSC
I get tired easily and can't do work after school as a result. When I get home, I feel so tired and I try to take a nap but I can't fall asleep. This is the same at night- I'm a bit of a night owl and can't fall asleep quickly. Plus, I wake easily so I find it hard to concentrate at school due to lack of sleep.
People HAVE suggested exercising but I find it hard to fit exercising in my schedule and I'm actually quite unfit so it is hard for me to exercise… The lack of sleep often makes me extremely hungry and extremely tired.

Does anyone have any advice?

iStudent

HSC
Try eating an afternoon snack after school
I always eat a bowl of noodles, quite fulfilling :D

Makematics

HSC
has this been going on for a while? i had a period early last year where i had a similar problem to you. i think it started for me due to stress (i was in denial at the time when my parents tried to help me but looking back i was stressed af). the answer IS exercise. exercising WILL help you sleep. get out the door to the nearest park and start hauling ass. it's as easy as that. or find some other way to exercise. dont worry about exercise interfering with your study. you still have plenty of time to study no matter what you may think and the benefits of exercise heavily outweigh the benefits of an extra 2 hours of study.

also as mentioned above make sure you eat somewhat healthy. you dont need to go full diet but just eat enough and eat decent-ish food.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
My suggestion:

Exercise your self a lot one evening around 6pm-8pm then have a shower and light dinner and sleep before 10pm (you'll sleep easily). (It works for me with training).

Also, you need to actually have the willpower to not let yourself sleep in the afternoons because it destroys your sleeping patterns.

Sleep 8 hrs a night and you will be fine everyday without needing to nap every afternoon (I did this before and suffered a lot more tiredness that way).

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
If your tired, maybe try avoid getting run over by a car???

puns4dayz

Kymren

HSC
Had the same problem in the beginning of year 12 (term 4 last year).
During the Christmas holidays I came to the conclusion that I had a problem. So I decided that when I got back to school I'd get serious. I started doing more exercise and sticking to a strict routine. I do study in the morning, 4am-6am and 8am-9am, and homework in the afternoon, going to bed at 9:30. if I don't have any homework I do something else (e.g. read a book, do some exercise, play some music), not study. I also have one day off on the weekend, and play tennis two nights a week from 7-9. I find that by doing this I can get a lot more done, and I am less tired at school.
You have to experiment with your own routine, and see what works for you.

Also spend half an hour before you go to bed not studying or doing homework, and get your mind off things (e.g. read a book do some exercise, go onto BOS, etc.) you may find it easier to go to sleep then.

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
Ive had this problem throughout high school and it was accompanied by stomach aches in the morning. I get the same advice too, to exercise but like you it was hard to integrate that into daily routine (something to do with raising blood sugar levels?). If you can't any solutions, try moulding your study routine around night-time when you're active (not healthy though).

senorceepa

HSC
My suggestion:

Exercise your self a lot one evening around 6pm-8pm then have a shower and light dinner and sleep before 10pm (you'll sleep easily). (It works for me with training).

Also, you need to actually have the willpower to not let yourself sleep in the afternoons because it destroys your sleeping patterns.

Sleep 8 hrs a night and you will be fine everyday without needing to nap every afternoon (I did this before and suffered a lot more tiredness that way).
^^^ this

Although I personally go to gym right after school, then study, then eat, then sleep :p

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Have you considered of contemplative practices such as meditation and yoga or listening to some relaxing music to calm you down, perhaps you can do something you enjoy such as watching a TV drama or something after school before you start working?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)