Am I alone in hating airplane food? (1 Viewer)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Does anyone remember Ansett? I remember I used to think they had much better food than QANTAS... almost as good as SIA. I think SIA is quite proud of the fact they have celebrity chefs designing their meals.

ps. Nothing beats a Magnum ice cream to finish off an economy class meal. Sounds small and trivial but in real life I never buy Magnums (except once recently when I tried the Gold).
Yes Ansett! They used to let you go into the cockpit.
Aaaah the pre-9/11 era.

hairspray

HSC
I like the surprise factor of aeroplane food. I'm always thinking *OMG! OMG! what am i getting!*

But in my opinion plane food is so random, sometimes u get good stuff (roast lamb with mashies and gravy) and sometimes the crappy stuff (rice with a very dry stir fry chicken). AND! If you really wanna drive the people around you nuts bring hungry jacks and krespy kreme with you.

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
Qantas, Cathay Pacific and Virigin Atlantic have the highest standard of food and they are not bad at all trust me. most people who hate airplane food is more because the diesel smell which made them sick and lost all the appetite to eat. (Coming from a person who flied more than 60 times last 5 years)

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
The afternoon tea/morning tea snacks on the Qantas flight I usually catch are brilliant.
It's got a little dark chocolate frog thing, soy crisps, mixed nuts and some crackers

I usually don't bother with proper meals on the plane though, they're usually pretty bad. I just eat in the airport in between flights.

leesung

HSC
N/A
Yes,meat really tastes like plastic,but some snacks are really ok.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think now that I'm a lot older and fly quite a bit for work, I appreciate (economy class) airline food a lot more. I mean it's not fantastic, but even on QANTAS it's not that bad anymore. I usually finish my meal. Maybe I'm just less picky now.

If you're really hungry you should either BYO or just hope that the airport you're getting off at has good food/cafeteria options. I used to like Singapore airport a lot for this reason since the cafeteria outside of customs was always quite tasty and reasonably priced I felt. Made waiting in transit pretty good.

On another note, American airlines food is non existent for domestic flights I've realised. That sucks.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Is it possible that the airplane food actually tastes decent, but the altitude and plane conditions etc affect your taste buds or sense of smell? I know for sure that smell is an important factor in taste.

halapenyo

HSC
I love airplane food. i have never had a bad meal on an airplane. my family always flies with singapore or malaysian airlines.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
As far as I'm concerned, Asiana Airlines provide solid meals as well.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I always feel a bit sick and nauseous on flights. :cold:

The food doesn't make it any better so I pretty much skip all meals on the flight :(

But when I look around everyone else is rather happily eating. :apig:

Anyone else like me?
omg this is the same as me! but I can eat a little on board, esp if I'm hungry. Just don't fly Qantas business class... they spoil you with endless amounts of food.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think QANTAS has lifted their game because even in economy, they keep bringing out the snacks (e.g. mini pizzas) even at midnight :S

Simran-

HSC
Qantas, Vietnam, Malaysian, United and Singapore all have nice food. Those are the only airlines I've flown upon, and they all have nice food - so yeah, the food is pretty nice.
I travelled with singapore airlines last year and i didn't like their food much. especially breakfast.
i've travelled with emirates a couple of times before and they always have good food :)

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
I think QANTAS has lifted their game because even in economy, they keep bringing out the snacks (e.g. mini pizzas) even at midnight :S
I thought while QANTAS service was probably one of the best of any of 20+ airlines I've flown with, the food and the quality of the aircraft was some of the worst I've come across in a "premium" airline.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
have a big feed before leaving; take snacks for the flight; have another big feed on your stopovers; fly a budget airline...

problem solved...

bigmaggie

HSC
N/A
Airplane meal is not good sometimes. I don't usually eat airplane meals. I bring my own food. I bring sandwiches or salad. I like eating light meals when I am traveling. I don't like to eat heavy meals or meat in the plane. It makes me feel dizzy and upset. I normally drink orange juice in plane. Citrus juices can help me to avoid vomiting.

MNfa-18

HSC
ALWAYS ORDER THE VEGAN MEAL! no more dried out fish or duck!

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Never fly with virgin. Food tastes like crap.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)