• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Am i being selfish? (1 Viewer)

Brizza

HSC
am i being selfish? i have been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years now, and i have an upcoming school performance (which will be my last), which he is unable to attend because he is taking his best female friend out for her birthday. i accept the fact that their really close nd that doesn’t bother me one bit, shes a really nice girl nd i like her, but im upset coz i told him bout it a while ago. also he thought it was going the night before. do i have reason to be upset, or am i selfish?

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
yes. i didnt even bother 2 read ur post.

just blow him and get over it

MajinR

Procrastination Master
HSC
Brizza said:
am i being selfish? i have been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years now, and i have an upcoming school performance (which will be my last), which he is unable to attend because he is taking his best female friend out for her birthday. i accept the fact that their really close nd that doesn’t bother me one bit, shes a really nice girl nd i like her, but im upset coz i told him bout it a while ago. also he thought it was going the night before. do i have reason to be upset, or am i selfish?
can you make it a little clearer?

he thought what was going the night before?

Brizza

HSC
MajinR said:
can you make it a little clearer?

he thought what was going the night before?
yeh its on a friday, but he thought that it was on a thursday (dont know why)

Brizza

HSC
thejosiekiller said:
it sounds like youre hurt anyway, to what extent i dont know
i am coz he cant be there, nd also in a way im upset coz i feel like a selfish bitch about it as well, like im being a spoilt kid having a hissy fit bout it all, its all very odd i must say.

MajinR

Procrastination Master
HSC
Brizza said:
yeh its on a friday, but he thought that it was on a thursday (dont know why)
i dont know, you could interpret it different ways, it couldve been a sign that he felt helpless and didnt know what to say, some people say stupid things like that. Or that he had it in his mind for awhile and actually did think it was a night before...he couldve just been careless...

Anyway i would say the best thing to do is to go and ask him yourself, if your feeling hurt or anything, you would need to talk to someone... Just go up to him and say 'hey whats up'. It shouldnt be too distressing, and i dont think your being selfish at all

Brizza

HSC
MajinR said:
i dont know, you could interpret it different ways, it couldve been a sign that he felt helpless and didnt know what to say, some people say stupid things like that. Or that he had it in his mind for awhile and actually did think it was a night before...he couldve just been careless...

Anyway i would say the best thing to do is to go and ask him yourself, if your feeling hurt or anything, you would need to talk to someone... Just go up to him and say 'hey whats up'. It shouldnt be too distressing, and i dont think your being selfish at all
i belive that him getting the days mixed up is legit. i wanna tell him bout it, but also i dont coz i dont wanna come across as one of those over controlling girlfrieds who doesnt elt thier partners do anything, coz im the opposite.
thank-you btw

baby66

Hawkesbury area, lived in Kurrajong for at least 1
HSC
i think u have a reason 2 be upset but at the same time if ur not the type to be protective and sort of possessive then its ok to worry. Ur not being selfish, im like this with my boyfriend but he is usually with me. so wen he goes out i still get upset but i try and not hold him back, although sometimes that happens. He should have remembered but maybe u can get him to come see u first then meet up aftawards...
newayz hope u nite works out alrite, and dont worry about him 2 much their jus friends... dont stress

MajinR

Procrastination Master
HSC
Brizza said:
i belive that him getting the days mixed up is legit. i wanna tell him bout it, but also i dont coz i dont wanna come across as one of those over controlling girlfrieds who doesnt elt thier partners do anything, coz im the opposite.
thank-you btw
He should have no reason to think you are over controlling but that definetly depends on how you approach him. If you demand in a 'whats going on' sort of way then well... that could be classified as over controlling... but if you go up to him and just say that somethings been bothering you (dont make it sound serious or anything) and that you want to talk about it or ask him about it...

If you ask him nicely in a careful way then there should be no prob, if he reacts badly to it even if you do ask nicely then he is the one who is overcontrolling...

Brizza

HSC
baby66 said:
i think u have a reason 2 be upset but at the same time if ur not the type to be protective and sort of possessive then its ok to worry. Ur not being selfish, im like this with my boyfriend but he is usually with me. so wen he goes out i still get upset but i try and not hold him back, although sometimes that happens. He should have remembered but maybe u can get him to come see u first then meet up aftawards...
newayz hope u nite works out alrite, and dont worry about him 2 much their jus friends... dont stress
im not worried bout ne thing between them, also if i did id be contradicting my self coz my best friend is a guy nd i spend alot of time with him (but more with my boy), i dont think i would be as up set though if he had planned it before i told him though

Brizza

HSC
MajinR said:
He should have no reason to think you are over controlling but that definetly depends on how you approach him. If you demand in a 'whats going on' sort of way then well... that could be classified as over controlling... but if you go up to him and just say that somethings been bothering you (dont make it sound serious or anything) and that you want to talk about it or ask him about it...

If you ask him nicely in a careful way then there should be no prob, if he reacts badly to it even if you do ask nicely then he is the one who is overcontrolling...
the one problem with that is that i have a problem with confronting ppl in all situations, i honestly cant do it. i think that he knows that im a bit upset bout it, nd he's not being aprick or nething atm, i just dont htink that he thought of it, if htat makes ne sense. also i feel that he will think that it is petty if i tell him

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
You do have a reason to be upset, if he ditched your performance at the last minute for his best friend.

However, if her birthday outing was already arranged, it's reasonable that he doesn't cancel it for you.

If it was me... being the protective biatch that I am, :rolleyes: I would be tremendously upset because it is a girl friend who he is going to be with instead of me.

tempco

HSC
how would you feel if he ditched your birthday for a school play?

Brizza

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
You do have a reason to be upset, if he ditched your performance at the last minute for his best friend.

However, if her birthday outing was already arranged, it's reasonable that he doesn't cancel it for you.

If it was me... being the protective biatch that I am, :rolleyes: I would be tremendously upset because it is a girl friend who he is going to be with instead of me.
thing is he didnt ditch me at the last minute, i found out bout it at the last minute (if that makes sense). the thing is also, he probably doesnt want to go at all, probably wont enjoy it, so that makes me feel silly bout it all as well. but i would prefere that he said that also to my face. i really wouldnt care if i couldnt see him coz he was going out with her, i couldnt careless, but its just coz its on an important night for me.....

Brizza

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:

the thing is that he didnt dithc me at the last minutes i found out bout it at the last minute (if that makes sense) he probalby wont enjoy it and be bored, that also makes me feel silly bout it all. i really couldnt care less if he was going out with her on different night, seriously, it doesnt bother me, its just that this night is reather important to me nd him being there means alot....

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
omg brizza, reading through what you said, i've been through things like this too, and you sound almost exactly like me :|

i'm also terrible with confrontations, even if i'm soooo fucking angry at that person and want to hit them, usually i just clam up and can only think of the best stuff to say AFTER the argument's over. useful.

i know how you feel, it's a tricky situation coz you trust him and knows he's being honest, yet you feel let down coz the night is so important to you.... you DO have a reason to be upset, though... why would he somehow think the performance was the night before?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
aww, dont be too cut...

one of my friends ditched me for their girlfriend on an important day and i got really cut.....

but yeah, tell him, maybe he can work a compromise.

he's got the whole rest of the day

transcendent

HSC
N/A
these are one of the hardest questions. the decision to choose between your mates and your partner. it's harder when their best mate is of the opposite sex.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)