Am i immune ?! (1 Viewer)

ulbnxt

I go to an OK private school where im ranking almost first in everthing except maths. however in most of my subjects theres at least a 5% difference between me and second rank. I knw i can out perform my internal assesment marks at the HSC. However will i at all be affected by the performance of the rest of my class or am i immune from them because im ranking first ? Can i aslo please get a UAI prediction. Our dux last year got 99.1 and our school is ranked 100 and sumthing

Subject /Rank/ Mark

English ADV 1/51 91%
Maths 2U 8/49 83%
Economics 1/20 96%
Business Studies 1/20 95%
Legal Studies 1/16 94%

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Your subjects only scale averge, thus you will need to ace the HSC any way to get 99+

yeah, comming first makes you practically immune to the crappyness of school.

ulbnxt

Thanx for all the help guys. keep posting so i can keep motivated
can i get a few more uai Predictions ?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
For the 4 subjects that you are comming first, if you come first in the HSC exam in your school as well, you are immuned.

To get 99+ UAI, you are looking at AT LEAST 90+ in every single subjects. Don't let this coming first in school thing distract your concentration. you need to still perform excellent in the exam.

I was ranked first in most of my subjects like you, (1st in ESL, Bio, Society and culture, engineering, and 8th in maths, and 5th in chem). And also come first in the exams with the subject i topped in school. Got 95.70. Good luck to you :)

inasero

Reborn
HSC
i just agree with what survivor said, and the percentage you get or the rank isnt really helpful for me to give u an estimate cos it could be a case of the ruler of a blind kingdom is a one eyed man, or on the flipside, your year might be particularly bright.

Im confident you ca get at least 95...I wont be so bold as to speculate opn anything else. Just make sure you pull those maths marks up and you'll be set.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
Your subjects only scale averge, thus you will need to ace the HSC any way to get 99+

yeah, comming first makes you practically immune to the crappyness of school.
Not entirely true, doesn't Economics scale up fairly significantly?

kpq_sniper017

withoutaface said:
Not entirely true, doesn't Economics scale up fairly significantly?
ditto.

but i think the scaling from legal and business might cancel the good scaling from eco. nevertheless, legal isn't capped (i think) and so it's possible to do very well in legal and eco and get a good UAI.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
1. Use SAM to get a UAI "ball park figure" (i hate the word prediction, it implies that if one does not get the "predicted" mark, one has FAILED and that is not true)

2. you need to replicate the good marks you get in school in the exam in order to remain "immune" to your cohort.

3. you should aim to get into band 6 for maths regardless of rank to be pulled up in UAI "credibility"

thats my two cents

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
i think you'd get somewhere around 97 with similar performances. up to you if you take it up with the effort you put in.
good luck. i'd pay attention to survior's post. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)