• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Am i screwed for senior yrs? (2 Viewers)

jane1820

HSC
Yeah hate those schools, actually happy I didn't even get in
tbh i always see them (strathfield girl's girls) n i kinda wish i go there but yh at the end of the day i love my skl n old skl (the ppl i met there n the whole 'character development' thing is something i dont want to trade - if ykwim)

cafsrank1

HSC
N/A
L ragebait
im being serious tho... it gives you a chance to get the tutors you want, and you don't have to deal with a negative school environment + you are automatically ranked #1 so you get all of your marks --> dont have to worry about ranks

jane1820

HSC
im being serious tho... it gives you a chance to get the tutors you want, and you don't have to deal with a negative school environment + you are automatically ranked #1 so you get all of your marks --> dont have to worry about ranks
even if my parents werent too busy my parents both graduated overseas so they dont have any experience with the system they did come first in my home country for some subjects but at the end of the day its not the same system (if anything rlly ill be disadvantaged)

cafsrank1

HSC
N/A
even if my parents werent too busy my parents both graduated overseas so they dont have any experience with the system they did come first in my home country for some subjects but at the end of the day its not the same system (if anything rlly ill be disadvantaged)
it doesn't have to be your parents that teach u, u can hire external tutors, just make sure that they are qualified

jane1820

HSC
You have to hire qualified external tutors, and anyways homeschooled is such a bad environment. No competition, filled with distractions, you would barely be motivated
fr fr i have my yearlies in week 3 n i have done one exercise of math the whole day 🙏

cafsrank1

HSC
N/A
You have to hire qualified external tutors, and anyways homeschooled is such a bad environment. No competition, filled with distractions, you would barely be motivated
i mean it sorta depends on the person you are
if you are self-driven and intrinsically motivated, working at home will provide you with an environment where you can fully concentrated
if you are a shallow dimwit who only works because you see other ppl working around you and you wanna copy them, then yeah maybe u should consider attending school with others

also there are definitely more distractions at a hundred-ranked comprehensive school (e.g. vaping, bullying, relationships etc) that would outweigh the distractions you have at home (literally nothing except maybe technology but that applies for school as well)

also no travel time + u get to eat the food u want

Solarised

HSC
if you are self-driven and intrinsically motivated, working at home will provide you with an environment where you can fully concentrated
if you are a shallow dimwit who only works because you see other ppl working around you and you wanna copy them, then yeah maybe u should consider attending school with others

also there are definitely more distractions at a hundred-ranked comprehensive school (e.g. vaping, bullying, relationships etc) that would outweigh the distractions you have at home (literally nothing except maybe technology but that applies for school as well)

You sound like someone who just sits around and eats all day 😭

jane1820

HSC

idk if this is still an argument for my thread or it's just a debate between you two but im not gonna get homeschooled if your argument for my thread still stands

cafsrank1

HSC
N/A
idk if this is still an argument for my thread or it's just a debate between you two but im not gonna get homeschooled if your argument for my thread still stands
yeah i mean at the end of the day its all up to u , but just smth to consider

iloveeggs

HSC
the only good skl around me is strathfield girls n i wasnt allowed to go there even tho i live on one of the intake areas but on the lower end where 'it isn't part of the local area' i try applying every yr but they wont budge

do u think there is a way around it? (my parents btw when i first moved to australia got a note from the department to let us in n they still didnt budge)

(to explain: say for example there is street cake, the very top to the middle end of the street is in area but i live on the end of the street n therefore wont count as in area; tbh its so stupid bc i literally live on the street but they just bitches - the principal)
if i were you, id get the same department note you got back then, maybe even get a new updated one, go with your half yearly report and and proof of achievements and extracurriculars you have (basically showing that you are a good student and they should take you) and go organise a meeting with the principal or smth

might not work but from what i hear abt strathfield girls they care abt their ranking a bit too much so if you can show youre smart, they are being unreasonable and they should consider you they might do it idk. try this next term tho dont wait until next year

cafsrank1

HSC
N/A
Ive always knew that my skl is 400-something but i never knew it was this bad
i putted my subjects into the hsc ninja calculator for fun n realised that no one at my skl for any of my subjects got a band 6 for the subjects im doing last yr (2023)
eng adv, math ext 1, math adv, arabic con, arabic ext, chem, phys (just test running but im doing those subjects)

am i screwed? Should i move skls or is there hope? As in wait for the 24 and 25 results thothis yr (yr 10) is the only yr i can move (entry into yr 11)

the reason i go to that skl to begin w is that my local skl is bottom third in the state n had to move asap n my current skl was the only skl that took me out of area
jokes aside tho if ur course doesnt require a high atar theres no point in putting in all the extra effort

jane1820

HSC
if i were you, id get the same department note you got back then, maybe even get a new updated one, go with your half yearly report and and proof of achievements and extracurriculars you have (basically showing that you are a good student and they should take you) and go organise a meeting with the principal or smth

might not work but from what i hear abt strathfield girls they care abt their ranking a bit too much so if you can show youre smart, they are being unreasonable and they should consider you they might do it idk. try this next term tho dont wait until next year
hmm ill need to talk to my parents abt it bc my parents have been fighting the skl to let me and my sister in since i first moved to aus in 2020 n i think they're done w it lol

but yh if do consider it ill definitely apply soon

iloveeggs

HSC
nah but it can go from 0 to 5 if you yourself get 5 b6’s
there are many people who get good results from dogshit ranked schools e.g @carrotsss and @Armon
ohh im not talking abt the school overall @jane1820 says the individual subjects they want to do get 0 band 6s. its harder for your subject band 6 numbers to jump than your overall school band 6 numbers if that makes sense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)