Am I totally crazy for choosing to do 14 units? (1 Viewer)

Lina3

HSC
Yes, so it came to this. I couldn't decide which subjects I wanted to do more and since none of them clashed I just decided to do them all. I may drop down to 12 or 10 depending on how things go but at this stage...no-one else at my school that I know of is doing 14 and I'm just scared it will drive me crazy before I even finish Prelims -_-
I suck at choosing and since I really wanted to do all of the subjects I just went for it...idk

timinator1993

HSC
Yes, so it came to this. I couldn't decide which subjects I wanted to do more and since none of them clashed I just decided to do them all. I may drop down to 12 or 10 depending on how things go but at this stage...no-one else at my school that I know of is doing 14 and I'm just scared it will drive me crazy before I even finish Prelims -_-
I suck at choosing and since I really wanted to do all of the subjects I just went for it...idk
Yes you are.
/thread.

michaeljennings

HSC
bitches be crazy

nah dw do 14 in yr 11 and then narrow it down to 10-12 by the start of year 12

Lina3

HSC
bitches be crazy

nah dw do 14 in yr 11 and then narrow it down to 10-12 by the start of year 12
That will be the most likely outcome, I reckon. My reasoning in doing this is that by the end of year 11 it will be clear what subjects I am best at and enjoy most. The 14 units will give room to narrow it down instead of missing out on something and never knowing if I like it or not. Especially since I am not sure what I want to do in life yet, spreading myself thin for a year MAY be worth finding what I am looking for...

Last edited:

crazy_paki123

HSC
DUDE!! if i were u id try to enjoy yr 10 nd 11 coz ive onlii had like 4 weeks of yr 12 nd alredy sick of the shitload of work i get!!

enoilgam

HSC
Doing more means that you will have more options going into year 12 as to what subjects you want to do.

greenboxes

HSC
N/A
Not at all, I do 14 units and LOL @ everyone here being a bunch of little whingers who need omg twev unitzs!1. Seeing your subjects I'm guessing your maximum will be 15 units if you choose to extend either maths/english/history. And, you may feel dedicated towards language by correspondence, but they're usually pretty crappy courses and I'd be surprised if you don't seriously consider dropping it by yearlies. Even if not, it's a background language so it's not like you're going to be inundated with work.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Some one at my school is doing 15 units in year 12 - topping them all too.

partyfreak

HSC
Well, i chose 13 units, which i think is fine to study, i dont think 14 should be a problem
I chose to do:
Adv English
Ext Maths
Biology
Physics
Chemistry
Economics

starryblue

HSC
dont overwork urself. especially in yr 12 so i think u should drop some subjects by yr 12

Exotic

HSC
Youre absolutely not crazy cos you do 14 units. I just finished my HSC with 13 units and its nothing big. Basically i spent the whole year working/going out/ bludging and kept all my Prelim subject plus picked up extension history and it wasnt hard at all if you really want to do it. The hardest thing about all this? The hsc timetable, had to to legal and ext today which meant 5 essays in one day. Other than that youre sweet, if you wanna do 14 go for it as long as you can maintain your marks.

1981Grant

HSC
No you aren't crazy. I went to a top 10 school and a few people did 14 units. If you've got excellent time management it is easy enough. I would recommend that you drop a couple of units in about term 2 though, just because you will have more time to devote to your other subjects and you will know what you like/dislike and are good at by then.

sienna_

HSC
At my school, you have to start Year 11 doing 14 units. Though of course its encouraged to drop some throughout the year! But honestly, I think it's good because you have a lot of subject flexibility. If you aren't enjoying something or aren't good at it, then you have the freedom to get rid of it :)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
try it, you don't really have much to lose in year 11, but you will probably end up dropping at least one due to the workload

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
If you take up Ext 2 maths and/or english you might be able to drop up to 3 subjects in year 12 haha. 14 units isn't such a bad idea though, if you are having difficulty with either extension subject you will be able to drop it straight away rather then having to wait until year 12. I wouldn't be surprised if you dropped one subject before or just after the half yearlies though.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I did 14 units for the HSC and Prelim. It's personal preference. See how you handle the workload.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)