America's Next Top Model - Cycle 6 (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Whooooooooo it's back!!! :D:D:D

NB: haven't watched tonight's episode yet... am watching it at 10:30 because someone else is watching cricket *angryface*

Anyway. There's something about Nnema that is just so amazing... it's like she could be the next Estee Lauder spokesperson or something. I really wasn't suprised that she had really good photographs, she's like that quintessential diamond-in-the-rough type person... kinda like Harry Potter in the sense that she came from a really painful background but is now on her way to being a star (whacked analogy but hey)

I also think Joanie will do pretty well - her photos so far have been awesome and her first interview with Tyra and the Jays was so funny! "My father is a priest... I did a couple of amateur strip nights...then I was a cage dancer for three years"

Oh. And I hate Jade. I thought Lisa was a bit arrogant last cycle, but at no point was she an absolute bitch. Jade is all that and more... the arrogance, the attitude, the ego.... grrr! I just want to throw her out of the competition and tell her to get a reality check!!! :burn:

passion89

HSC
Haha I just watched it.

I agree - Nnema is gorgeous and Jade's a complete and utter bitch! She's really gotta stop raggin on Gina, I feel sorry for her - her self esteem is already low.
Tonight's episode was hilarious when they were all walkin in those HUUUUGE platform shoes (that's all I'll say to not ruin it for you, Glitterfairy :p)

thirsty

HSC
yeah that shoe part was hilarious and even though they would have been so hard to walk in they were strangely hot shoes.

passion89

HSC
thirsty said:
yeah that shoe part was hilarious and even though they would have been so hard to walk in they were strangely hot shoes.
Hmm...I agree. Did you see everyone's ankles just sorta roll out of their sockets lol I couldn't bloody stop laughing

HSC
N/A
I was holding my breath the whole entire time :S I don't know whether it's a personal thing - I remember several years back in irish when I was doing "toe walks" for the first time and we were all trying to do one length of the room without falling over or spraining an ankle :S It's major scary....!!!

But I DID laugh once. When I saw Joanie (ex-stripper) walk. Heh. It was like "girl, you've totally worn these shoes before. And not just once!"

One grey area: Why pick Gina over Kari? Kari had two good shots prior to this and I think had a bit more inner strength. Gina had no good shots prior to this and a track record of allowing herself to get pushed around/not being able to be professional about things. Seriously... in all cycles of Top Model, the models have had to deal with "scary" creatures. They all sucked it up and did the photo. The screaming? *sends eyes heavenwards* Argh, I hate pathetic non-attempts at professionalism :(

The only reason I can think of is that Tyra thought Gina had more to learn from Top Model than Kari did... aka Gina's possible only opportunity to learn was on Top Model, whereas Kari could probably work it out on her own. Ah well.

***Updated frontrunner list***
DANIELLE! This girl rocked today. Her walk and attitude is awesome.
Joanie still rocks
Jade might be the annoying girl that gets into top 5

And we'll save a spot for Nnema. She's supergirl. I'd be so suprised if she didn't bounce back.

passion89

HSC
Why did the judges pick Gina to stay and kari to go? I like Gina a little better (seems more genuine) but Kari deserved to be there because she's had two great pics and Gina's had...none :(

I thought that was a little weird too and I think Gina will probably go next week. Though, ya never know

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
i agree tha gina should have gone - i've hated her from the start, lol - i like joanie, she looked awesome in that shot, so did snow white/black - was that danielle? shit, i can't remember, lol! Kari wasn't the best, but she had more potential than gina

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Gina is pretty annoying but she's got a heaps better body than Kari. I think Kari's face looked too much like a doll or something.

God, I hate Jade even more than I hated Ebony on Australia's NTM. What an arrogant whore.

At the moment Danielle is doing great, she's really pretty when her mouth is closed.

My fave model is Mollie. She's sooo hot :eek:

HSC
N/A
Gina just looks.... like an asian. That might sound hypocritical coming from myself, but... she has the "typical" asian look. Emotionless, introverted, you get the picture. She's like the person who gets stuck in a flashlight and just freezes because she doesn't know what to do.

I don't see anything special from her physically... and the more I see of her personality (which could be her saving grace), the more disappointed I am in her.

I'll agree with whoever said Kari looks like a doll. She sort of does... lol. But she's really cute! :D

Molly Sue is awesome. I hope her pictures turn out really good in the long-run because she has so much potential!!! There's something so quirky about her look!

passion89

HSC
I think Sara is absolutely gorgeous!

Her last two photos weren't that great but she was awesome in the bald shoot. I think she will make it pretty far and (despite her not showing any really orgasmic modelling talents) she is slowly becoming my favourite.

I thought Kari had a dollesque look about her, too but she was pretty. But the stylists really shouldn't have given her a fringe - imo she looked a lot better before her new cut.

I agree that Gina is too introverted for this show though I really do think that physically she is interesting and quite pretty. The fact that she doesn't know what to do with it is probably what will make her leave.

HSC
N/A
Yup. She's gone...

Is it just me, or are this cycle's girls a lot more immature/less adaptable than all previous seasons? Never have I seen on ANTM before SO many girls with insecurities...

passion89

HSC
Well Gina's departure was predictable...

I agree with glitterfairy. I don't particularly like this season's girls...so insecure
Nnena is beginning to piss me off - did you see what she said 'He's attractive, I'm attractive' so humble :p

When's australia's next top model going to come back on (season 3)? Probably in January again ---> the aussie ones are better :D well aside from America'sNTP cycle 1,2,3 --- loved them!

HSC
N/A
In other news I'm suprised Janice didn't rip into Jade. She certainly did to Lisa last year... and Jade is so much more of a bitch than Lisa was!

Another scary thought is that Janice may have been like Jade when she was younger...

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Does anyone know what day/time the repeat of Wednesday night's episode is on?

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Yeah I did. I thought Gina was pretty but she had no confidence whatsoever. I hate hate HATE Jade. Molly Sue is the hottest by far.

And I can't believe how much of a bitch Janice was.

It starts in half an hour!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)