Amount of hours of study/day? (1 Viewer)

Monstar

HSC
How many hours do you recommend to study each day? and how many hours/ subject ?

P

pLuvia

It's not how much you study a day, it's how effective you study in that time you do study. Someone can study 4 hours and may have not used it well enough as someone studying 2 hours.

But I would recommend at least 2 - 3 hours a day, 1 hour is too little

Subject would be the one you want to revise or accelerate a bit in.

I usually do Maths, Chemistry and a bit of english

Take a look at this http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=3734&highlight=hours+studying, advice from the people who got 90+ in their UAI

Last edited by a moderator:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
i do about 2-3hrs per day. today though; i think i did 4-5hrs ... with lil breaks inbetween. *counts 10:30 - 3:30*
yep. 5 hrs.

did some maths questions;; IPT notes; Business st udies highlighting / accelrating and yerh.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I would also recommend 2-3hrs a day, holidays are the best time to work ahead and revise what you've done.

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
Revise prelim if relevant for subjects such as maths, go through all stuff covered in Term 4, and try to work ahead. Even if it doesn't make sense, it'll be just that one step ahead of the rest of your class when it comes to actually learning it, and you'll understand the concepts better.

Also, get your room/desk/study materials into order NOW, so it'll be easier when things start to get a bit hectic later on.

But apart from that, like pLuvia said, hours don't matter, it's what you DO in those hours that really counts.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
'Study smart, not long'...

+2 hours study a day will provide your hard work with results 2 hours if used effectively can result in a lot of work revised.

To get the most out of your study time plan everything ahead. What do you want to achieve? Break times? Timetable etc.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
bananasmoothy said:
Eugh, I hate timetables.
Same here, it makes study feel like a routine, which is a bad thing in my opinion. :mad1:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Different strategies for different people, its just a matter of finding what works for you and sticking with that.

P

pLuvia

Ditto, I don't like set routines/timetables because you usually don't get all the job done.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
pLuvia said:
Ditto, I don't like set routines/timetables because you usually don't get all the job done.
yeh.

i hate study timetables! gr.
mainly coz i don't really stick to 'em.
i usually do 1/2 subjects a day.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
last yr at the start of the holidays i been doing about 3 hrs a day i think?. since this year ive been doing about near to 2hrs like every second day, which i feel really bad about ! ><* ive mainly done my business and religion notes and been reading for my history extension major work. i recommend a minimum of about 2hrs of solid study a day.

Last edited:

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
I had a timetable once, but I never stuck to it and kept on falling behind and ended up feeling terrible... so I got rid of it. :)

When school starts again, try and do your homework on the night (something I rarely do...) and then revise it on the weekend so you remember it better ... hmmm ... I should take my own advice!

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
Well, Kid suggested them so I'm assuming they work for him/her.

You know, your name gets that song stuck in my head ... "hopelessly devoted to you" ... who is that ... Olivia Newton-John, ain't it?

Last edited:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
bananasmoothy said:
Well, kid suggested them so I'm assuming they work for him/her.

You know, your name gets that song stuck in my head ... "hopelessly devoted to you" ... who is that ... Olivia Newton-John, ain't it?
hahah i never heard of it before !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)