Analysing movies (1 Viewer)

muramasa

HSC
I've heard that the best way to discuss the issues and themes for a movie (doing this in Language extension courses, should also be useful for English) is to discuss it with a drama teacher rather than merely go through this with what you learn in English.
What would you say? Is this a good idea?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I guess it depends on whether your drama teacher knows the text well, if they do, discussion would be a good thing because you are exposed to an alternate viewpoint which can assist you to formulate a more well-rounded and insightful viewpoint about the text. However, bear in mind that whatever theme/analysis you extract from a film must be firmly related to the module you are studying, always focus on the module rubric and any particular essay question you are given when you are analysing visual texts, do not just analyse visual texts in isolation. However, whenever possible, I would still advise you to discuss your viewpoints with your English rather than your drama teacher, since the demands of English and drama are slightly different. Hope this helps:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)