Ancient Exam Thoughts.... (1 Viewer)

s2ophie

HSC
I unlocked this thread on your behalf beaky...

so post away Ancient historians!

rubylotus11

tough

I found this exam really hard. I completely studied the wrong areas and so I think I will pass, but not much better than that.
My topic were Xerxes, Spartan Society, Greece 800-500 and Greece 500-440.
I wrote about
5pages for Section 1
5 1/2 for Section 3
6 1/2 for Section 4
***** Well I am writing this after receiving my results. It turns out I didn't do too badly and I ended up with 80 for my exam mark, 88 for my assessment mark, so my HSC mark was 84. So I was so happy with that considering I thought I had gone really badly.****

Last edited:

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
loved it. all the right questions.. and lets hope all the right answers.

adah

I really liked this exam! I did Julius Caesar, Spartan Society, Greek World 500 - 440 and Greek World 446 - 399

I wrote 10 pages in Section 1, 10 in Section 3 and 7 in Section 4.

It was alot better than I anticipated.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
loved it as well...just couldnt stop writing on assyria :)

Alexander, Rome: Augustus to Titus, Greece: Hellenistic from Death of Alexander to Cleopatra VII, and Assyria: Sargon II to Ashurbanipal

Did at least 8 pages for everything except last one with 15 pages

Ringo

Loved it too, though my favourite was definitely the Hellenistic period section, as the questions were SO good!

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
i thought it was horrible.

i fucked the personality section because i wrote barely anything, fucked my society because i studied the wrong things, fucked the greek world and lied a lot, blatantly, and fucked the last question because i was entirely too general and hardly even covered the question.

but i guess that's only me. glad you all loved it.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
i loved da exam, exept hatshepsut.
i thought i was confident wit her but she killed me wit her nobles and social roles,i only wrote 4 pages.
its good most ppl thought that sparta was bout the government,(4 pages again)
i did alrite in augustus 'n' JC (7 pgs yeah!!), and ok for old kingdom (filled up the book)

frenchy

I love ancient history, but i didnt like the exam!! :(
I stuffed up especially on my 2 last sections, especially the last one, i realised i was talking about one thing but it called it something else...... ahh there goes ancient down the drain! ahhh im usually heaps at good at ancient.

cakeater

sydney, NSW, Australia, the world the solar system
i reckon the exam was fair. it was better than i had hoped for. i did Akhenaten, Egypt between amenhotep III and Ramesses II, Sparta to the battle of Leuctra and Rome:Society between Augustus and Titus. The personality section was alright although i thought "social Position" was a little gay, Rome i kinda fudged, not expecting brilliant results from that, Sparta i did the government essay reasonably well and I did the queens essay for the historical period.
the test was a little bitchy but not as bad as i thought it would be, i am hoping for reasonable results.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Originally posted by shelley
it was a good exam for me, of course it helped my historical period question (augustus and julio claudians) was the revision question in the maquarie guide! best spent $30 ever!!!!
i have that guide, and it described his powers, the question in the exam sed expalin how he established and maintained his powers, they do overlap in some areas but u do need 2 go further

bec_ca

don't worry dudes, i totally fucked up to, my fellow classmates wrote non stop for three hours stright. i was done and almost asleep. it was so boring and depressing because i know i failed. it was fucked.

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
i thought it was a pretty good paper (although if id studied more i mighta gone better ;)) i think the questions were fair (well most of them, caesar was hard, but manageable)
i did:
personality: julius caesar (thought the "social position" question was really weird, social position when? he had a very long life, i tried to talk about a lot but it was only worth 5 marks..

society: Sparta :) i think i went well here but it was kinda annoying that they didnt ask anything about the constitution, the agoge or military way of life.. oh well.

fall of the roman republic 78-28: bah! i kinda got the pompey question (it was slightly different) that i did really well in in the trial (CSSA) but i didnt look at it at all before the exam, oh well. :) it was a bit rambly but ok

augustus and the julio-claudians: bah! i got the macquarie guide and i did that question but i didnt get time to do practise questions out of it. Wish i had done more study... :(

ah well.. i think i went pretty well anyway :)

hmm.. that was kinda detailed... ^^

Pogmahaugn

yeah, very easy exam...

i did greek world 500 - 440, and did the origins and activities of the delian league, pretty basic, but im kicking myself for attibuting a Thucydides quote to Herodotus....so dumb :(

Egypt between A3 and R2 was pretty straight foward too, i though i aced building program of Ramesses II

Akhenaten wasnt easy, espessailly the 'social position' bit, but i had prepared for the other two answers, so think i did pretty well there

Society - i did the Ramesside period - it wasnt bad, nothing really too challenging there, should be ok

SmokedSalmon

HSC
Well frankly the questions I answered for my 2 historical periods were almost exactly the same as my trial questions! So I was pretty confident there.
My society question plain rocked and I filled up the entire booklet.
However the personality question for Agrippina got me a lil worried cause I kept forgetting who said which quote... So I had to paraphrase a lot. I filled up the bookelets for all sections. I was happy with the paper I was expecting worse but meh. It is over for ever and I don't care anymore.

bjMaxx

basic questions. think i did well.

guessed one of the essay questions. go me.

Adaran

Procrastinator
HSC
i think my entire class felt like a choir boy after a long practice session ;)
we did Akhenaten, Periclean society, Greece 500-440, AmhtpIII-RamessesII
well, when i said we did...its more like we attempted

so dont worrie you pplz, our school will push your marks up...no need to thank us

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)