Ancient History exam too long? (1 Viewer)

yoyotommo

HSC
nah, its good, i just wrote up to the end, i do in every exam, wtf is the point leaving early, if u leave early ur not writing everything u can, and u may say u r but ull probs realise later u coulda wrote more, hence stayting there is better 4 ya.

llal

HSC
Heaps of people form my school left early....but i stayed all the way to the end..... i really dont have a problem with the time limit....i think its perfect, it gives u time to consider ur answer and then write....

HSC
yoyotommo said:
nah, its good, i just wrote up to the end, i do in every exam, wtf is the point leaving early, if u leave early ur not writing everything u can, and u may say u r but ull probs realise later u coulda wrote more, hence stayting there is better 4 ya.
yeah i agree with you. i always stay to the end coz i usually start thinking of answers at the end xD

jeahsen

HSC
hmmm...how do people finish early?
or did i just write too much?
like honestly if u have 15 mins uve probably mismanaged your time,
like i know that u can probs nail the marks in the time limit, but wouldn't it be better to add a few extra points? I did finish like 7 minutes and had just enough time to make sure my shitty writing is legible.
But anwyays fuck it won't have to do that shit again...

China Doll

HSC
I'm never able to understand why or how it is that some individuals are able to write so much and feel so confident with their responses when they leave an hour or 45 minutes early! our teachers always suggested that we stay right up until the end, because apparently if you are finishing an hour early, you aren't writing enough. i suppose we'll see when we receive our results.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
yoyotommo said:
yeh i'd rather know i wrote as much as possible in the time allowed rather than getting my mark back and thinking "hmm maybe i should've tried to bullshit some more marks instead of leaving early..."

danniface.

HSC
Far out, it's better than not having enough time.
I finsihed with about 15 minutes left.

I think it's good because you don't have to freaking rush and leave stuff out like english. I can focus better and write down dot point and shizz before I get stuck into it.

emo-kid-91

Cheer me up?
HSC
my school doesn't let us leave early, which, i have to say, is a relief. it's something to do with affecting the other students if you leave before they do - they'll be too focused on worrying if you've gone good or bad compared to them to do the proper work, or something something something.

as for me, personally, i like the three hours. i finished the first two parts in an hour, with an hour for period and an hour for personality (and then fifteen minutes after writing my numbers :headbang:). i think that if you've got an hour to spare, there's definitely enough time for you to sit back and dig through your mind and come up with another paragraph or two.

China Doll

HSC
emo-kid-91 said:
my school doesn't let us leave early, which, i have to say, is a relief. it's something to do with affecting the other students if you leave before they do - they'll be too focused on worrying if you've gone good or bad compared to them to do the proper work, or something something something.

as for me, personally, i like the three hours. i finished the first two parts in an hour, with an hour for period and an hour for personality (and then fifteen minutes after writing my numbers :headbang:). i think that if you've got an hour to spare, there's definitely enough time for you to sit back and dig through your mind and come up with another paragraph or two.
agreed.

jennieTalia

HSC
Lindethiel said:
Everyone at my school thinks this. Out of the two Ancient classes, less than one is ever still there at the end of the exam, everyone else manages to leave early, and these aren't just losers winging it, the crown jewels of both classes were comfortable leaving an hour early.

We literally have enough time to word each sentence individually and still have extra time to spare.

Discuss.
I felt like I had a lot of time... but I also feel like I should have known more to put in.

daniellekho

Cool Member
HSC
N/A
hell no!
yes in the sense that u have to write alot and its tedious...but no in the sense that i didnt finish in time...almost der but.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
god i wish it was longer! i feel so stupid having to generalize to fit within the time limit, shits me to tears

InsanityFreedom

HSC
At my school we can't leave early but I wouldn't have anyway. I wrote right til the end. I only had 2 minutes spare. I'm happy with how much I wrote. Especially for the period essay.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
a guy in my class left as soon as he was allowed to, i had only just started on my personality and he just got up and left =/

morgoe

HSC
How much are you guys writing, that leave an hour early?

I'm hoping to just scrape a band 6, and I finished just on time. Wrote 9 pages for Sparta (society), filled P+H booklet, 10 or 11 for Caesar (personality) and 8 for Fall of the Republic (age)... I write about 1800 words an hour if that gives you any indication, but of course slower because of planning and remembering stuff.

Just wondering how the hell you guys leave an hour and still expect good marks?

jennieTalia

HSC
I stayed till the end
filled up P&H booklet
wrote about... 11 on each of the others
I'm not sure exactly it ranged from around 10-12 pages for each of the sections after P&H

So thats probably about
33+P&H booklet overall.

morgoe

HSC
bobet said:
Omg i feel you!
I write 500 words per 20minutes with pausing breaks.... God I know what you mean. LOL! my hand has to be strapped before and after exams tho.

:) maybe its an indication of the range of lvls in ancient!

Lmao yer, I could literally feel the skin coming off my middle finger when I was on the last essay. So much writing..

We're forced to stay til the end but even the guys who come last in the class were working up until about 10 mins til the end. Then again we have an awesome teacher :D (like 10+ above state average every year even though its not a GREAT school).

Kew

HSC
I finished my last word within the last two or three minutes. I did pretty well I'd say.

I spent ~35 minutes on Societies, ~35 on the Core, which gave me about an extra 10-20ish minutes to divide on my Personality & Period - the two which I wrote mostly more than enough on.

I was pretty satisfied. My hand however was shaking once the exam was over. Most probably from overworking & shock. :)

Tula08

HSC
well i just wrote this in another thread on the same thign haha
but not one person at my school left early, given we're not allowed, but i would have to say not one person finished with even 5 minutes to spare, i almost ran out of time!! i dont understannd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)