Ancient History exam too long? (1 Viewer)

Messier111

HSC
Ok ok everyone's talking about how long it took them to do the test, but how much did everyone actually write?

I was really happy with the exam, although I stuffed up my extended response half way through and didn't realise til the end =/

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Messier111 said:
Ok ok everyone's talking about how long it took them to do the test, but how much did everyone actually write?

I was really happy with the exam, although I stuffed up my extended response half way through and didn't realise til the end =/
bout 1 and a half to two booklets per section, but my writing is fucking massive

metalheaven

HSC
Yeah I don't think it was too much time at all. I was writing right up to the final seconds, and I could've kept writing all day on some of those questions.

kingo11

HSC
bogdanovs said:
99% of people who do ancient history are complete fucking retards.

You won't see the guys who want to get a band six leave early.
Thankyou finally someone said it...

richele.tucker

HSC
bogdanovs said:
99% of people who do ancient history are complete fucking retards.

You won't see the guys who want to get a band six leave early.
OMG.
Yes, I completely agree... :lol:

laelae88

HSC
bah fullyy agreeee
i have glandular fever so i got to have breakss i had like 30 mins worth of thatt but still left at 12 30 i was so over it by the endd... no way should it be longer

Marinatos

HSC
I wrote for the whole time. I could have used more if it had been given. Granted I had some short breaks and I wrote way to much on the 10, 12 and 15 markers, but I didn't leave early. Only two people out of the two classes that do it at my school left early.

Taskan

HSC
like 3 people of the 30 or so in my yr left, and that was well past the 1/2 way mark.

i had about 10 mins to spare, but I'd never dream of leaving ancient early

HSC
Lindethiel said:
Everyone at my school thinks this. Out of the two Ancient classes, less than one is ever still there at the end of the exam, everyone else manages to leave early, and these aren't just losers winging it, the crown jewels of both classes were comfortable leaving an hour early.

We literally have enough time to word each sentence individually and still have extra time to spare.

Discuss.
You must go to a pretty shit school.

Lentern

HSC
I think compared to the other major humanities, legal, modern, etc you have considerably more time. I say for the three hours ditch the second structured section, the civilisation one, and make it an essay. That will use up the time. BTW I finished with 20 minutes to go, went through all my things, with ten minutes to go just wrote all my numbers and stuff on the exam.

CleverDan

HSC
Kew said:
I finished my last word within the last two or three minutes. I did pretty well I'd say.

I spent ~35 minutes on Societies, ~35 on the Core, which gave me about an extra 10-20ish minutes to divide on my Personality & Period - the two which I wrote mostly more than enough on.

I was pretty satisfied. My hand however was shaking once the exam was over. Most probably from overworking & shock. :)
Yea, my timing was pretty much exactly the same. Wrote with 3 minutes to spare, then added my numbers.

Lucy-Jane

HSC
I can't believe that some of you are allowed to leave early, at our school if you finish early you still have to stay. I had about 1 or 2 minutes left when I finished but there were still heaps of people around me writing.

lochi90

HSC
yeah i agree
i finish on average an hour early in every ancient exam we have had
2 hours is enough i think..2.5 to keep ppl happy

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Lucy-Jane said:
I can't believe that some of you are allowed to leave early, at our school if you finish early you still have to stay. I had about 1 or 2 minutes left when I finished but there were still heaps of people around me writing.

The BOS sets the rules for the exams and they say you can leave early.

Some schools say you can't but I do wonder what they think they can do if you do leave early - the BOS won't penalise you so I just wonder.....

Last edited:

Jess =)

Pirate Queen of Awsomness
HSC
i go really slowly at the beginning because there doesnt seem to be a sense of urgency in 3 hour exams coz it seems so long so i didnt finish and had way more to write. i didnt finish pompeii (just the conservation Q, i didnt get to write about the anglo-american project or the houses of pompeii project), Agrippina (it's kinda finished but they rnt essays, just information vomit) or Augustan principate (again, its not properly thought out information vomit)

i think 4/16 people in my class finished early so we could'v just had long topics i guess?

Lucy-Jane

HSC
cem said:
The BOS sets the rules for the exams and they say you can leave early.

Some schools say you can't but I do wonder what they think they can do if you do leave early - the BOS won't penalise you so I just wonder.....

The reason why I can't believe you can leave early is because at our school we get told if you leave then you get no result and can jeopardize your HSC. Maybe if you are at a bigger school then you can leave early, I'm at a smaller school so maybe they just like us to stay...

christinamak

HSC
i was the first to leave the ancient exam
you cant write so much about bullshit

E

Elenessa

I seriously would have liked an extra 15 mins to check everything over. I only just finished the Historical period about 10 secs before it ended.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)