Ancient History Trials ??? (1 Viewer)

Lauanna

HSC
Im doing the independent school paper;

anybody have an idea what the pompeii and herculaneum extended response is for this?

or sparta extended response?

Generally for Pompeii & Herculaneum they ask a question related to section 3 of the Syllabus, Investigated, reconstructing and preserving the past.
Also it will ask you to integrate sources.

For Sparta it could be anything really, but they have a penchant for asking questions about the education system, or Periokoi & Helots.

I'm not doing The New Kingdom or Hatshepsut, so I'm not sure about that...
Hope I helped!

sezzel

HSC
fml im doinf 4th C greece 404-362 bc any one want to help with the stupid theban and spartan hegemony ?????? :p

jessxxr

HSC
i dont have my ancient trial until like exactly 2 weeks LOL but i think we're doing the independent paper (not 100% sure though), and my teacher said we're gonna hate the pompeii and herc multiple choice, something to do with you needing to know specific details/its very detailed, i dont know his exact statement though, thats just what someone told me. GOOD LUCK GUYS :]

Elliee

Crazy Kid
HSC
Writers-block I have the same topics as you! Ancient exam tomorrow afternoon uh-oh... Is yours in the morning? Any questions posted would be helpful haha, I am dreading the Julio-Claudians essay and the Pompeian 10 or 12 marker - CONSERVATION AND RESTORATION I DETEST YOU

DarkDrakayn

Premium Member
HSC
I am doing the Ancient test tomorrow morning and we are doing:
- Sparta
- P & H ...duh
- Hatshepsut
- Greek World 500-400BC

and I have no clue what they will ask about for Sparta or Hatshepsut, but for Greek World it will be on like the Ionian Revolt or Battle of Marathon, because thats all we covered and my teacher changed the question in the independant paper to suit what we have done

P & H question is about:
- Impact of Tourism
- Conservation & Preservation
- Ethical Issues
or
- Changing Methods and Contributions of 19th and 20th Century archaeologists.

Skyzor

HSC
P & H question is about:
- Impact of Tourism
- Conservation & Preservation
- Ethical Issues
or
- Changing Methods and Contributions of 19th and 20th Century archaeologists.
For my Ancient History trial exam, it was the something like "To what extent has tourism impacted the management of Pompeii and Herculaneum?"

Although, it seemed easy at first apparently most people just regurgitated the negative impacts but lack discussion as to how it changed management. Basically read the fvcking question. For the short answers just do a shitload of past papaers and you'll be sweet.

Im still waiting for my results *fingers crossed*

Chahoud

HSC
any one else nervous ?
and does anyone who does egypt do you guys know the answer to this > role of amun and amun priesthood

Last edited:

DarkDrakayn

Premium Member
HSC
We did our ancient exam today, and we did the independent, I would try to help anyone that is also doing the independent paper, but I may not remember all of the questions...

But I do remember, the Section 3...Personality in their time or w/e is something like:
b) Assess the strengths and weaknesses of _________ such a such...

But i don't remember the a) question

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
My Ancient Trial wasn't that difficult, though that's my thinking after I received my results. Beforehand I was extremely nervous, but all came good. I cover P+H, Sparta, Hatshepsut, and NKE -> Tut IV, which quite a few of us are doing. You guys shouldn't have too much trouble, if you put in some study before the exam, and focus on the key points in each of the syllabi.

Good luck to those who still have to sit their Ancient exams! n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)