And so I turned on my new PC... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
N/A
i'm not trolling, arcorn.

look, it's a trade secret.
Not many IT people in industry actually talk about it, because if everyone knew, they'd be out of business. 99% of the time, according to my dad, the problem is that things are loose.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Food for thought, use to be a net cafe called Fusion Gaming in Campbelltown, competing with In the Lan of Games.

That was until i walked in with 100 Rare Earth Magents

Schneezle

HSC
Uni Grad
I was reading this thread and actually made an account to try and help this poor bloke through the retardedness going on here.

I understand your computer now boots and whatnot, but you're having trouble with Windows activation, because you bought an Upgrade edition for a clean install. This is no big deal. Simply reboot the computer with the Windows DVD in, and boot off the DVD. When it asks you to choose between an Upgrade and Fresh install, choose upgrade (this WON'T wipe anything). Simply follow the prompts, enter your product key when prompted, and wham - you have a legitimate, activated clean install of Windows 7 using an Upgrade copy.

This "trick" was left in by Microsoft to enable people to go from Windows XP to Windows 7, where XP users have rights to purchase an upgrade, but Windows 7 doesn't do in-place upgrades from XP.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I was reading this thread and actually made an account to try and help this poor bloke through the retardedness going on here.

I understand your computer now boots and whatnot, but you're having trouble with Windows activation, because you bought an Upgrade edition for a clean install. This is no big deal. Simply reboot the computer with the Windows DVD in, and boot off the DVD. When it asks you to choose between an Upgrade and Fresh install, choose upgrade (this WON'T wipe anything). Simply follow the prompts, enter your product key when prompted, and wham - you have a legitimate, activated clean install of Windows 7 using an Upgrade copy.

This "trick" was left in by Microsoft to enable people to go from Windows XP to Windows 7, where XP users have rights to purchase an upgrade, but Windows 7 doesn't do in-place upgrades from XP.
Wow you assburger twat, OP was about his SSD failing, not win installation.

He screwed himself in the installation, and is in no part our fault.

Schneezle

HSC
Uni Grad
Wow, name-calling so soon, huh? I guess you couldn't think of something more intelligent to do...

Anyways, I never implied that OP messing up the installation was our fault, but is there anything wrong with helping regardless whose fault it is?

And yes, while the OP was about the SSD not functioning correctly, it was not about the Fusion Gaming Cafe or your rare earth magnets. And yet, you seem to be perfectly happy to talk about those.

HSC
Uni Grad
it was not about the Fusion Gaming Cafe or your rare earth magnets. And yet, you seem to be perfectly happy to talk about those.
bahbahabahahahahdwwhdhahahhahaahahah
hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha
bwahahhdahdwhwhwahsdhsbcshaLDJjksbvkdjsnfckdsbvkaK.V KNVKJNknkjsvnkjvsdklvkdsckdsnvkjsdnkcda

hahaha damn

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
Oh dear god how on earth did Fusion get a mention here?!!?! lololol.

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
just buy an oem win 7 for 100 you cheap cunts. you're already spending ~1500+ on hardware what's another 100

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
windows 7 pro from itsnotcheating it's like $120 or something, best price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)