• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anti-Semitism (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Capitalist Pig said:
Not all jews follow judaism, not all judaists are jews.
Judaism is the religion of the Jewish people with around 15 million followers as of 2006
lol

In response in to generator about discrimination- T
o discriminate socially is to make a distinction between people on the basis of class or category without regard to individual merit.
that is the definition that iwas using -social discrimination

rather plain old discrimination - which mean to distguinsh between.

funkassassin

HSC
Israel actually does not have an official religion. it just has a majority jewish population. Before israel was controlled by the jews and controlled by the muslims jews and christians were banned from accessing their holy sites and many synagogues were burnt to the ground. once the jews came into control of the country all religions had access to their holy sites no matter what.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
love_muscle said:
Israels racial purity laws state that gentiles, non Jews, arent qualified for land ownership, healthcare and private education.

Racism if ive ever seen it.
Stop pulling words out of your ass. :D

Of the total land in Israel in 1997, the Israel Government Press Office statistics say 79.5% is owned by the government, 14% is privately owned by the JNF, and the rest, around 6.5%, is evenly divided between private Arab and Jewish owners. Thus, the ILA administers 93.5% of the land in Israel.
Who can access Israel Land Administration (ILA) land?

The crux of the issue then, is who can actually access the land that is almost completely controlled by the ILA? The statement that "Arabs cannot buy land in Israel" is largely true, but meaningless since Jews cannot buy land either, bound by the same ILA restrictions. In actual practice, ILA lands are leased and both Arab and Jewish citizens of Israel have equal access. Some classes of Arab citizens, e.g. Bedouins, have been the beneficiaries of highly subsidized land programs in Israel, so beneficial that Jews have gone to court to try to get the same terms. Affirmative action programs for Bedouins have been upheld by Jewish courts to the detriment of Jewish citizens.

Link here

Health care?

Even Israeli Arabs and bedouin get better health care than average Australians and they are provided by governement.

Private Education?

You can go to any private school as long as you can afford the fees.

My question to you? Why are arabs always so ignorant and try to discredit Israel for things they know nothing about?

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
All that is required to be a citizen of Israel is that you be a jew.

(Not that anyone would want to live there)
Apparently arabs want to live there so much that they blew themselves up:bomb: , perhaps to live in Israel after reincarnation.

*hopeful*

HSC
no they just want the land, not the state of israel
half the time they just trying to make a point, not physically wanting something

Optophobia

HSC
http://au.news.yahoo.com/060821/15/1084g.html?f=mv

Mumbai's "Hitler" eatery angers Indian Jews

Monday August 21, 09:21 PM

Image --> http://news.aunz.yimg.com/xp/reuters/20060822/01/407661055.jpg

MUMBAI (Reuters) - A new restaurant in India's financial hub, named after Adolf Hitler and promoted with posters showing the German leader and Nazi swastikas, has infuriated the country's small Jewish community.
'Hitler's Cross', which opened last week, serves up a wide range of continental fare and a big helping of controversy, thanks to a name the owners say they chose to stand out among hundreds of Mumbai eateries.

"We wanted to be different. This is one name that will stay in people's minds," owner Punit Shablok told Reuters.

"We are not promoting Hitler. But we want to tell people we are different in the way he was different."

But India's remaining Jews -- most migrated to Israel and the West over the years -- say they are outraged by the gimmick.

"This signifies a severe lack of awareness of the agony of millions of Jews caused by one man," said Jonathan Solomon, chairman of the Indian Jewish Federation, the community's umbrella organisation.

"We are going to stop this deification of Hitler," he said without elaborating.

The small restaurant, its interior done out in the Nazi colours of red, white and black, also has a lounge for smoking the exotic Indian water pipe or "hookah".

Posters line the road leading up to it, featuring a red swastika carved in the name of the eatery. One slogan reads: "From Small Bites to Mega Joys".

A huge portrait of a stern-looking Fuehrer greets visitors at the door. The cross in the restaurant's name refers to the swastika that symbolised the Nazi regime.

"This place is not about wars or crimes, but where people come to relax and enjoy a meal," said restaurant manager Fatima Kabani, adding that they were planning to turn the eatery's name into a brand with more branches in Mumbai.

The swastika has its roots in ancient Indian Hindu tradition and remains a sacred symbol for Hindus. Nazi theorists appropriated it to bolster their central hypothesis of the Aryan origins of the German people.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Optophobia, you don't have to be Jewish to find that idea offensive. There is no nescessity to call anything such a name.

HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
Apparently arabs want to live there so much that they blew themselves up:bomb: , perhaps to live in Israel after reincarnation.
well seriously why the hell would anyone want to live their...why do you keep saying arabs are going to blow themselves up ...you do realise that the arabs are not only muslims but you know that right?

there is no reincarnation
and thanks for letting me know that "they blow themselves up" so why is it that there are million of arabs on earth that are not blown up or do not plan to blow themselves up?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Optophobia, you don't have to be Jewish to find that idea offensive. There is no nescessity to call anything such a name.
I have no real problem with the name to be honest... If a resturant started up a 'bin laden's bar & brill' down the road from me I'd probably just wanna check it out because it sounds cool.

lengy

HSC
Yeah, I read a similar article in mX yesterday, and I don't have a problem with it. If someone made a Pol Pot Hot Pot restaurant I wouldn't go to it but I wouldn't neccessarily campaign against it either. I note that the name is controversial and that's about it. People make too big a deal out of things.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Lengy, racism is something which will probably always exist, and is actually 'partially' beneficial in making profiles about people. (It's used in crime and investigation), called 'profiling'.

But, acting on racists beliefs where the evidence for a particular individual is wrong. eg(If I was walking in a dark street and saw a dark man wearing baggy clothing, cut under the eye and bearing a baseball bat. ) I would be relatively alert, as to not get into an uncontrolable circumstance. (Is that racism? I dunno..) But, if I was an employer and the same man came to me asking for a job (dressed exactly the same), I would actually consider the person (who really needs the job and could potentially do anything to keep the job) as opposed to an apatheric person.

Basically, that isn't what my point in this matter is. Anti-Semitism exists, but so does Anti-Everything, it's not special. It's not like racism towards Jews is so significant, compared to racism against Islam(Nations) and Racism towards American, Brits, and Aussies.

It's the idea of the Jewish people, that they are the 'People of God', which makes discrimination against them more harsh and unfair then all other discrimination (in their eyes). They then use the idea as scapegoat, when breaching Human Rights and viciously attacking and murdering innocent people. As has been seen in the recent war (think logically).

The Israeli army (who has over 1,000 prisoners captured in poor facilities), some with no charge or very minimal legal representation or procedural fairness (in the courts), with the Judges favouring prosecution and dealing 'unfair sentences'. Inevitably the 'illegal' obtainment of these prisoners will be questioned. (It violates UN Human Rights), so by Hezbollah reacting to the Israeli Illegal breach of Article 9 of the Human Rights. Israel wages a disproportionate war against the sovereign state of Lebanon. Then when the international community questions these attacks (many of which are not explained or justified, eg; Qana, UNIFIL, etc etc) They use 'Anti-Semitism' as a scapegoat, instead of considering the reason for the strong opposition. It's as if they would like the neutral people to believe that the international community is angry 'JUST' because they're Jewish, instead of their actions.

But, when you argue that Israeli is a Jewish state they reply (16% of Israeli citizens are Arab), but if you oppose Israel you're automatically 'Anti-Semitic'.

Once again proof of 'Jew-Logic'.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
sam04u said:
Then when the international community questions these attacks (many of which are not explained or justified, eg; Qana, UNIFIL, etc etc) They use 'Anti-Semitism' as a scapegoat, instead of considering the reason for the strong opposition
Please tell us where Israel use Qana, UNFIL issue as anti-semitism? any website? Any speech? :confused:

Gurlpower

HSC
sam04u said:
Lengy, racism is something which will probably always exist, and is actually 'partially' beneficial in making profiles about people. (It's used in crime and investigation), called 'profiling'.

But, acting on racists beliefs where the evidence for a particular individual is wrong. eg(If I was walking in a dark street and saw a dark man wearing baggy clothing, cut under the eye and bearing a baseball bat. ) I would be relatively alert, as to not get into an uncontrolable circumstance. (Is that racism? I dunno..) But, if I was an employer and the same man came to me asking for a job (dressed exactly the same), I would actually consider the person (who really needs the job and could potentially do anything to keep the job) as opposed to an apatheric person.

Basically, that isn't what my point in this matter is. Anti-Semitism exists, but so does Anti-Everything, it's not special. It's not like racism towards Jews is so significant, compared to racism against Islam(Nations) and Racism towards American, Brits, and Aussies.

It's the idea of the Jewish people, that they are the 'People of God', which makes discrimination against them more harsh and unfair then all other discrimination (in their eyes). They then use the idea as scapegoat, when breaching Human Rights and viciously attacking and murdering innocent people. As has been seen in the recent war (think logically).

The Israeli army (who has over 1,000 prisoners captured in poor facilities), some with no charge or very minimal legal representation or procedural fairness (in the courts), with the Judges favouring prosecution and dealing 'unfair sentences'. Inevitably the 'illegal' obtainment of these prisoners will be questioned. (It violates UN Human Rights), so by Hezbollah reacting to the Israeli Illegal breach of Article 9 of the Human Rights. Israel wages a disproportionate war against the sovereign state of Lebanon. Then when the international community questions these attacks (many of which are not explained or justified, eg; Qana, UNIFIL, etc etc) They use 'Anti-Semitism' as a scapegoat, instead of considering the reason for the strong opposition. It's as if they would like the neutral people to believe that the international community is angry 'JUST' because they're Jewish, instead of their actions.

But, when you argue that Israeli is a Jewish state they reply (16% of Israeli citizens are Arab), but if you oppose Israel you're automatically 'Anti-Semitic'.

Once again proof of 'Jew-Logic'.
great post.

but to put the auto summarize on for lazy people:
Jews use the anti semitism defence as a shield for any criticism of their activities, be it their economic/ethnic clout in the early 20th century, their eastern european sex slavery, their illegal occupation of Palestine, anything.

Gods chosen whiners.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
love_muscle said:
great post.

but to put the auto summarize on for lazy people:
Jews use the anti semitism defence as a shield for any criticism of their activities, be it their economic/ethnic clout in the early 20th century, their eastern european sex slavery, their illegal occupation of Palestine, anything.

Gods chosen whiners.
Other: Good day to day eh?
Jew: Yeah
Other: Does israel have a soccer team?
Jew: Yeah, but because of the holocaust we are really crap. the holocaust made us not to qualify for the world cup.
Other: ok..
Jew: you know we have some the best scientist in the world..
Other: um I gtg cya
Jew: Hey wait, we develop the best computer hardware...
Other: (runs away, as the jew finds another target).

Stereotypical hell yeah - fact - hell yeah - Jew = arrogant bitches.. muttering about the holocaust - HELL YEAH.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Hello, thanks I think this debates worn thin and I'll be closing it tomorrow afternoon, so if there are any last comments then go for it.

Some may argue there was no worth in this, but I don't think that's the case, it's nice to debate a cause even if it may fall on deaf ears.

Thanks to all the contributors - or at least those whom made worth-while contributions !

funkassassin

HSC
Hotshot you are a stupid ignorant asshole. I have not come across one single jew who acts like that. seriously dont u have any thing better to do then make up crap about a group of people.

*hopeful*

HSC
u bag out sam04u for whinging instead of replying constructively but your doing the same thing aryanbeauty

biggest hypocrite i seen in a while

*hopeful*

HSC
funkassassin said:
Hotshot you are a stupid ignorant asshole. I have not come across one single jew who acts like that. seriously dont u have any thing better to do then make up crap about a group of people.
aryanbeauty does, he also claims other people are jealous of israels/jews scientific, medical etc etc developments

otay

HSC
HotShot said:
Other: Good day to day eh?
Jew: Yeah
Other: Does israel have a soccer team?
Jew: Yeah, but because of the holocaust we are really crap. the holocaust made us not to qualify for the world cup.
Other: ok..
Jew: you know we have some the best scientist in the world..
Other: um I gtg cya
Jew: Hey wait, we develop the best computer hardware...
Other: (runs away, as the jew finds another target).

Stereotypical hell yeah - fact - hell yeah - Jew = arrogant bitches.. muttering about the holocaust - HELL YEAH.
Ahaha its funny coz its true

Generator

HSC
N/A
JaredR said:
Hello, thanks I think this debates worn thin and I'll be closing it tomorrow afternoon, so if there are any last comments then go for it.

Some may argue there was no worth in this, but I don't think that's the case, it's nice to debate a cause even if it may fall on deaf ears.

Thanks to all the contributors - or at least those whom made worth-while contributions !
Given that nothing of value has appeared since the above was posted, I think that I'll close the thread now. Jared, if you'd like the thread to be reopened till tomorrow, just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)