ANU/Canberra 2011 Rollcall (1 Viewer)

EvangelionZeta

HSC
I'm at UniLodge Warrumbul too. Looks like there's gonna be a lot of people there. :p

Anyone know anyone who actually got into a non-Burgmann/Ursula/Fenner college? It seems like everyone's been rejected from Bruce...

georginagott

HSC
anyone else still not got an offer? im still apparently being considered for b&g and im a little frustrated/worried that i havent heard anything at all.

Nelke

HSC
I'm at UniLodge Warrumbul too. Looks like there's gonna be a lot of people there. :p

Anyone know anyone who actually got into a non-Burgmann/Ursula/Fenner college? It seems like everyone's been rejected from Bruce...
Bruce apparently only had 30 vacancies and had 120~ applications c;

And I'm sure we'll all bump into eachother sooner or later. How big can Warrumbul be, after all? Alternatively, someone arrange a meet up. ~

And goodluck Georgina!

Last edited:

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Talking to someone now about getting a place in belconnen - no heating though D:

vikraman

HSC
Bruce apparently only had 30 vacancies and had 120~ applications c;

And I'm sure we'll all bump into eachother sooner or later. How big can Warrumbul be, after all? Alternatively, someone arrange a meet up. ~

And goodluck Georgina!
Bruce is the best college therefore no one wants to leave. True story.

Also studentleader, LAWL YOU'RE F**KED SON. Canberra gets mighty cold. Also winter is not some two month cold snap like it is in other places. Here its solidly wintry for about 6 months. Even in summer we get winter.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Also studentleader, LAWL YOU'RE F**KED SON. Canberra gets mighty cold. Also winter is not some two month cold snap like it is in other places. Here its solidly wintry for about 6 months. Even in summer we get winter.
QFT. Last year I went to breakfast during winter at 8:30am and it was -3 outside.

There ought to be laws against providing housing with no heating in the ACT...

Last edited:

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Haven't accepted it yet

vikraman

HSC
Not used to the cold? PM sammy blue for his thoughts, canberra was his first experience below 100% humidity/35 degree temps.

Its ok, i mean its really shit going to uni at 9am when its cold, but it warms up.

If you've got hairy legs (male or female) you can pull off shorts, but yeah need a jumper/
You'd know wouldn't you, you sexy hairy thing you.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Not used to the cold? PM sammy blue for his thoughts, canberra was his first experience below 100% humidity/35 degree temps.

Its ok, i mean its really shit going to uni at 9am when its cold, but it warms up.

If you've got hairy legs (male or female) you can pull off shorts, but yeah need a jumper/
well thats the only place i have heard back from at the moment which sucks - might just have to put up with it until my gf comes

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
at the end of the day it doesnt reall matter. I mean you'll get used to it.

The main issue is getting out of bed every morning, and travelling to uni :/

Also, if you live near belco shops, the buses are quite good during peak hour - like every 5 minutes
yeah i am strongly considering belconnen

no replies from the place now though

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
get everything in writing, particularly the rental agreement - with dates and signed. Otherwise they'll be like "nawwww my friend wants to stay a bit longer, and yeah, tough luck"
didn't even reply when i wanted an interview after 2nd email lol

azsakura

HSC
You're so early. Are you still looking for an accommodation?

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
You're so early. Are you still looking for an accommodation?
Yes and believe me you have to be - got 2 replies from over 10 emails in Perth and none of them want to wait a week for people to get there

i1der

HSC
Does the Hall and Colleges enrollment day mean I am able to go with my college and enroll on that day? Or do I have to attend it as well as enrollment by surname?

vikraman

HSC
Does the Hall and Colleges enrollment day mean I am able to go with my college and enroll on that day? Or do I have to attend it as well as enrollment by surname?
Means you enroll with the rest of your college on that day. You don't have to go for the enrollment by surname.

Sammy-Blue

HSC
As per what vikraman said - you go with your college. Each college has been given a special timeslot, and when i was there, they allowed you to skip the queue.

HOWEVER, if you decide to be a total "bad-ass" and enrol on you're non college day/timeslot. The first question they will ask is "did you just move in? where to?". Dont reply with "x college" otherwise they'll be like "yeah gtfo, come back on x day". Obviously, take off college nametags. :p
They let you enrol early even if you live in a college, but you would want more justification than "because". As example, I had to in order to apply for a parking permit (you must be enrolled in at least 3 subjects to apply).

KleinJan

HSC
Hi everyone! I'll be at ANU next year doing a B. Asia-Pacific Studies. :)
Just a quick question, when ANU says I need to bring my 'offer letter and enrolment instructions' to my enrolment session, do they mean the letter I got from UAC which has my main round offer along with my list of preferences?
Because I don't recall getting any other mail from ANU apart from the enrolment info pack which was just my enrolment form and a few brochures.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Hi everyone! I'll be at ANU next year doing a B. Asia-Pacific Studies. :)
Just a quick question, when ANU says I need to bring my 'offer letter and enrolment instructions' to my enrolment session, do they mean the letter I got from UAC which has my main round offer along with my list of preferences?
Because I don't recall getting any other mail from ANU apart from the enrolment info pack which was just my enrolment form and a few brochures.
The enrolment form is the important thing. Just bring along everything though (including your TFN and some photo ID if they need it).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)