ANU Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

qfa380

HSC
Re: ANU 2011 Semester 1 Chatter Thread

And I'm having a hard enough time with STAT1008....

A question though, does ANU do much in regards to winter courses? I feel like just doing something that would be interesting but challenging too since I'd only do one course but of course thats dependant on whether they even run them.

furansugo

HSC

If we're talking about maths related things, can I just say that 1115 is eating up my life...

Studentleader

HSC
N/A

And I'm having a hard enough time with STAT1008....

A question though, does ANU do much in regards to winter courses? I feel like just doing something that would be interesting but challenging too since I'd only do one course but of course thats dependant on whether they even run them.
not sure

Sammy-Blue

HSC

I'd have to overload but I wouldn't mind doing one. I don't meet the pre-reqs for industrial (I'm not a math major) so I'm going talk to someone about it at some stage.

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad

If we're talking about maths related things, can I just say that 1115 is eating up my life...
Hah, I'm tutoring that.

Never did MATH3511, but I have done every single pure maths course at ANU, and then some.

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad

Bugger!

What do you think about Analysis II and III compared to I?
I'm probably not the right person to ask about that, since I did Analysis I in first year. Had no idea what was going on the whole time but somehow scraped an 85. i actually did a bit of prep for Analysis II & III before I started them (i.e. googling some of the content) because the reason I found Analysis I so hard was that everything was new and unmotivated. I didn't have that problem at all in Analysis II & III (and the lecturers do make more of an effort to motivate the content - well, as much as you can with pure mathematics). Needless to say, I did much better at those two courses, and Analysis III was probably my favourite course at ANU after Number Theory & Cryptography.
The gist I got from other students too was that Analysis II, although dealing with harder content, was much more manageable than Analysis I, but that Analysis III was hard.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A

I'm probably not the right person to ask about that, since I did Analysis I in first year. Had no idea what was going on the whole time but somehow scraped an 85. i actually did a bit of prep for Analysis II & III before I started them (i.e. googling some of the content) because the reason I found Analysis I so hard was that everything was new and unmotivated. I didn't have that problem at all in Analysis II & III (and the lecturers do make more of an effort to motivate the content - well, as much as you can with pure mathematics). Needless to say, I did much better at those two courses, and Analysis III was probably my favourite course at ANU after Number Theory & Cryptography.
The gist I got from other students too was that Analysis II, although dealing with harder content, was much more manageable than Analysis I, but that Analysis III was hard.
Thanks for that

I am finding DEs much harder than analysis though :p

nisseltaria

HSC

No, I'm not doing 2100. Why would I want to do 2100 when I've been programming since primary school?
For the easy marks?
Though given the lecturer and the base of the assignments (really, why not just use something written in the language you're teaching instead of a translation with comments mostly missing?) it's probably more annoyance than it's worth.

COMP2310 should be fun next semester.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC

For the easy marks?
Though given the lecturer and the base of the assignments (really, why not just use something written in the language you're teaching instead of a translation with comments mostly missing?) it's probably more annoyance than it's worth.
Indeed, I have better things to do with my rather limited number of Science units I can take, like maths.

COMP2310 should be fun next semester.
COMP2310 + MATH2322 = doom. :|

ajdlinux

HSC
ANU 2011 Semester 2 Chatter Thread

Yep, it's late in semester, but it's in time for exams!

(This is clearly a far more awesome place to complain about exams than StalkerSpace, right?)

ajdlinux

HSC
Re: ANU 2011 Semester 2 Chatter Thread

So, I'm going to whinge about exams. Four exams. Three days. Timetabling hates me. Anyway, I should get off BOS and study...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)