Any all 90s students (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i just thought of the school cert as an indicator of what subjects i should do in yr 11. apart from that, it is useless....more than half the things we learnt was not even tested...

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
i just thought of the school cert as an indicator of what subjects i should do in yr 11.
nah.. i dnt think its even that

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
well, maybe it was just for me...i did the best in eng and hist (now im doing 3u of each subject), moderate in maths (2u of maths now), 85 in science (but i HATE HATE HATE any sciences so im doing none of em) and geo is out of the question! never ever ever consideered doing geo.

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
lol i did pretty bad in mah maths exam.. and im gnna do ext 2... i got like 97% in both geo and history and im not doin any humanities for yr 11 or 12... i did crap in science, but im doin all three sciences.. and well, english is a different story cause everybody's gotta do it...

Nerissa

I doubt that anyone cares, but I was quite proud of my SC results - see, at my school, they kept telling us how important is was, so I studied my arse off...My advice to all SC students is that if you're a natural nerd, like me, work hard - not only are your results rewarding, but you see how well you can do if you actually try, and I agree with Sarah, it can be a useful indicator of your subject strengths and weaknesses, which can help you with Year 11 choices. If you're not a natural nerd, don't sweat it - it doesn't count. And to EVERYONE, no matter how hard your teachers tell you the exams will be...don't believe them. They are extremely do - able (is that even a word?), eg my history teacher freaked me out big time, said that no one in our school would get more than Band 3 - in the end, more than 20 people got Band 6, 50 people Band 5!! Anyways, here are my marks:
Maths - 91 (was very disappointed)
Science - 93
Geography - 94
English - 96
History - 98
My goal was to get all Band 6's, which I achieved, and am very proud of. Good luck to you all!

jarding432

I'm in a league of my own
The SC isn't all that important, unless you're leaving at the end of year 10 or you're having trouble deciding what subjects to choose for year 11.

But if you really stuff them up you know you're going to have to work your but off next year, cause you don't have alot of that "acquired knowledge", and then if you do really well, don't think that you can take it easy, cause if you stay in school then it's only your year 12 assessments and exams that count for anything in the real world!

Good Luck

chepas

HSC
Originally posted by Snapwizard
uck, if u kill the SC use it as a boost of confidence or subject selection too for HSC!!
By some sort of Divine Intervention of all the Gods i got a 95 in geog, something i bludged all the way through - and am not doing any soc science in yr 11/12.. The subject selection guidance thing is very narrow, cos there are so many new subjects and areas and etc in the senior school.

But yer - not worth sweating over, when there are bigger worries two years after it.... but then again, when/if one goes to uni one'd probably go 'HSC? pff...' - and so the circle of life continues. (just an unlearned theory :) )

Last edited:

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
dude, it is officially uncool to care about you marks anytime longer than 5 minutes after you got them.
hello, why do something or not do something coz its "uncool" lameo

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
i got band 6's when i did the SC. back then, the only did 3 subjects, maths, english and science :p we did the civics one for a trial.

Lou_86

pro procrastinator
HSC
i think i got all band 6's...i was a nerd then...but yes SC means nothing really...doesnt indicate how smart u r or anything of that liking....but i guess i felt more confident going into year 11..

i wouldnt stress about it at all..

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^^ but then when does it stop? coz after ppl do the hsc, they are like its just the hsc ra ra ra it doesnt matter. then after uni the same thing. so are they saying that life just doesnt matter? if not why go through it ....

sabgas

HSC
yep

hey i got all band sixes in my SCT 2003.... i gota tell yr 10ers, the SCT is the easiest shit exam ull ever do! Dont stress, know the basics (coz that's all thats tested) and if u ask me, id say focus more on sci coz that's probably the hardest test!

GOOD Luk!

sabgas

HSC
Oh and i 4got to mention, the SCT means jack in yr 11!
So please dont worry!

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
I got something like v high 80s for geo, his and eng, and low 90s for science and maths.

It's funny, cos I'm crap at maths (almost failing 2u this year) and science (doing none) but I'm generally pretty good at english. (I was always crap at Australian history and geography).

I never studied for anything all year except VA and Japanese, which didn't count towards SC. I never did homework (still don't, as a matter of fact). SC means nothing, no matter how big a deal teachers make of it. (Unless you don't pass, but it's pretty difficult to fail...)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I managed straight 95's for SC.... but that was old school school certificate, when there were only 3 subjects.

The school certificate is important for those wishing to leave school and take up traineeships or apprenticeships... but if you know you're doing the HSC, it's not as important but it's a good chance just to see where you are in the scheme of things. But there's an entire 2 years before HSC and things can change so if you don't do well in your SC, work your behind off for the HSC, and if you did well in the SC, still work your behind off because you still need to. You can't rest on you're past because your future depends on what you do now.

And yes, I'm procrastinating from studying for exams tommorrow and I'm wandering the forums. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)