Any asians doing general maths? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
do you have someone in your class or know someone who is asian and doin gen. maths? I'm asian as well and its hard to deny that most of us are crazy over maths lol

Couple of my friends are doin it but they are good at english doing up to EE2 so that seems to compensate

cxlxoxk

HSC
As you can see from my pic, i'm asian (born in Australia though), i did General Maths (last year)!

Last edited:

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
do you have someone in your class or know someone who is asian and doin gen. maths? I'm asian as well and its hard to deny that most of us are crazy over maths lol

Couple of my friends are doin it but they are good at english doing up to EE2 so that seems to compensate
Probably 70% of my school is asian, and we have 5 general classes - so therefore a large portion of asians are doing general maths. However as expected, we only have like 3 non-asians in the top 3U class and an all asian class in 4U.

Freckles14

HSC
In my class, the top General class, there are five Asian people. There are like five or six General classes though.
The 4U class has two non-Asian people.
In 3U English, there are now three of us, none of whom are Asian.
In 4U English, there is only one student (me) and I'm Aussie.

Last edited:

shady145

Banned
HSC
maybe it has something to do where they came from. If they came to australia recently, then they will simply be better than you because school in asia is crazy. my friend went to korea and he said that there were kinder kids getting on the bus at 10pm, and they start school at 6 am. they get pushed hard to do well.

09er

HSC
A few of my friends and 1 do general maths, while all my other asian friends are in 2, 3, 4 unit and ext. classes. If i didn't do gen maths prep class, then probably i would get in 2U. I totally regret taking that class.
I also do english standard and i heard doing gen maths and std eng scale alot.
If I only i was a smart asian. I'm just an average mark asian or mayb even lower. Anyways my gen maths marks are slowly deteriorating, but i can't drop i have 10 units already.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
One of my best friends is Asian and did General maths with me last year.
I'd say that around.. an eighth or so of the general students were Asians.
There weren't many Asians at my school.

trickx

HSC
Finding an asian that does General Maths is like finding a lawyer that plays the banjo.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
we had 5 asians last year, and only one did greater than general maths but she is indian

shuning

HSC
if u realized, most of ppl in this thread who said they do or knows ppl who do gen math are female, so i guess it's just female azns too dumb 4 math :headbang:

btw back in the boy skool days one of my fob azn friend did gen math

lou071

HSC
N/A

i personally have never seen asians doing general maths,

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
There's heaps of Asians doing General Maths in my school but they're mainly Fillipino.

HSC
I did general maths back in 2007 =] and I'm asian...and for the record I got an average band 4 for it too =]

0hNivlek

HSC
My grade has around 150 people with only 5 non-asians. There are 30 something 4U, 20+ 3U, 20+ pure 2U and all the rest are general maths. One person dropped maths and around 10 do applied maths. Half of 4U are international students.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Lawl, you also did shit (95 is still shit if I recall from the forums, especially at a selective school). So stfu idiot.
hehe i know right :)

PS. l2troll, seriously.

it's almost embarassing watching you try to troll.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)