Any bodybuilders in here? (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i started working out again 3 days ago. I love that feeling after you get back into it. I'm on GNC creatine> I like the stuff. It's soluble too.,

hYperTrOphY

HSC
i've had a weight problem (as in it's too low) since I was born. I've got an ectomorphic body type and a super fast metabolism. Started out first semester of uni at only about 48kg. Got to about 55kg. Now at about 53. Looking forward to getting back into it. Goal weight is 58kg.
You're similar to me. However, I started at 58kgs (but was pretty tall also). I'm now at 83kgs. I wanted to be 90kgs by now, but I didn't train during the whole HSC exam period and was just at schoolies. I'm returning to the gym on Monday though, so hopefully I can reach 90 maybe by uni.

When you say 58kgs is your "goal weight", is that long-term or short-term?

I'm drinking whey 1 hour after workout
You shouldn't wait an hour before eating/drinking post-workout. In fact, you should be consuming simple sugars and whey protein as soon as you finish.

Pace_T

HSC
I have a weight problem too.
In a 6 month period last year I went from 41kg to 70kg. That was pretty good coz there were no signs of a dramatic increase in BF%. I didnt do anything for the HSC period (12months) and so i fell back to 58kg which was pretty low. I've started again since the end of my hsc which was early november and im back up to 64kg. im pretty light but im also short. im 170cm which is 5'7". so u can see that i am an ectomorph lol
i dont go to the gym coz theres too many gay guys and big headed guys. ive got my own weights n i know enuff about the diferent exercises to bypass the use of any unrequired equipment and associated costs from going 2 gym.
creatine is a waste of money 4 the people who dont really know what theyre doing. i recommend balance creatine coz its the best n has dextrose in it already so u can just take it with water and u dont need 2 have it with juice.
by the end of the year i should be around 68 and when uni starts i want 2 be around 72-75kg which is pretty heavy for my height

for those who said their weight, how tall r u?
some ppl can be around 75-80kg but look like sticks coz they r so tall

thx

ben_au69

HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
You shouldn't wait an hour before eating/drinking post-workout. In fact, you should be consuming simple sugars and whey protein as soon as you finish.
i believed in this "whey as soon as you finish" for a long time but i was reading a t-nation article the other day which said the "window" was much larger and that 1 hour was fine. but yeah its so heavily debated, honestly i dont think it would make that much difference

stazi

Nightman
HSC
58 is my long-term goal.
and if it isn't ben au. i hear youve gotten massive.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
ben_au69 said:
i believed in this "whey as soon as you finish" for a long time but i was reading a t-nation article the other day which said the "window" was much larger and that 1 hour was fine. but yeah its so heavily debated, honestly i dont think it would make that much difference
After you finish training you are in a catabolic state! You want to replenish glycogen levels and consume protein ASAP.

ben_au69

HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
After you finish training you are in a catabolic state! You want to replenish glycogen levels and consume protein ASAP.

yeah i understand what you're trying to say, but some people say otherwise. im not pretending to be an expert on this issue or anything, but i do read alot of articles... here are some excerpts from the t-nation article:

"Some research suggests that even 48 hours after the workout our protein synthesis levels can be elevated by ~33% (Phillips et al., 1997), giving us an even longer period during which we can maximize our muscle growth with protein drinks."

"Comparing research that used drinks consumed immediately after a workout (Tipton et al., 2001) versus those ingested an hour after training (Rasmussen et al., 2000), the results are surprising: it seems that post workout meal ingestion actually results in 30% lower protein synthesis rates than when we wait"

"One study showed that consuming carbohydrates after strength training only increased muscle glycogen by 16% more than when water was consumed (Pascoe et al., 1993)! With this information and the huge amount of carbs that we consume on a daily basis, we should have little doubt that glycogen levels will be maximized within 24 hours of the workout."

"Now these may be irrelevant points, because in the effort of keeping our focus where it ought to lie—on maximizing protein synthesis— we’re going to quickly stimulate our glycogen restoration anyway. This is because we consume rapidly absorbed carbohydrates along with our protein and amino acids, which has been shown to enhance muscle protein anabolism (Rasmussen et al., 2000)."

"In other words, muscle glycogen will be restored whether we make it a priority or not. This way, even those who can’t escape the dogma of having to rapidly restore glycogen get their fix, while at the same time, unknowingly assisting with muscle protein recovery."

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=659666

55psi

HSC
About this time last yr i was about 70kg, then started gyming kind of inconsistently taking Aussie Bodies protein regularly. Now Im around the 80kg mark, gaining some BF and im 6".
Supplements I use now is Redback complete protein matrix, tastes friggen awesome even with water, contains heaps of amino and non essential amino acids, and 27.6g of prot with every 30g serve which is pretty decent.
Prior to workout, i take nitric rush by Bsc, its a fast absorbing creatine without loading and contains arginine which dialates the blood flow system, the newest and greatest product and i have noticed definite gains after about 3 weeks. AFter work out i take l-glutamine, HMB, and another form of creatine in one whole matrix to replenish the immune system and helps in the synthesis muscle tissue. I should start taking it before too.
Im going to start hitting the gym after i come back from holidays and im looking forward to it. Training in summer sucks ass but, so hot.

What days of the week do you guys train?

jedpeisley

powerlifter
HSC
Funny how heavy weights cant back up their bullshit.

UGFighter said:
lol @ the thought of you ever lifting weights, stazi.

58kg goal weight? woah, lookout man!

You'll need lots and lots of steroids before you're ever at a decent size.
UGFIGHTER tell us how big u are?

You think its funny at smaller blokes pushing weight?

Well im actually 55.8kg (under 56kg category) for Australian Powerlifting. I just came home from USA, Fort Wayne, Indiana. Where i pressed 102.5kg bench press, 147.5kg squat, and a 187.5kg deadlift. Now if u can lift almost twice body weight for bench, just under 3 times body weight for squats, or over 3 times bodyweight for deadlift then u can open you mouth. 15' arms on a 165cm and 55.8kg frame isnt small either. Hope to see a reply soon.

TRAIN HARD, STAY STRONG, AND DIE OF ELBOW TENDONITIS

P.S At the WORLD JUNIORS I GAINED A 3rd place (Bronze) in both the bench press and deadlift.

jedpeisley

powerlifter
HSC
Hey PSI Im from port macquarie, i train 6 days a week.

Monday- Powerlifting Cycle - Heavy Bench, Light Squats (also incorporate CHEST)
Tuesday - Triceps
Wednesday - Powerlifting Cycle - Deadlifts
Thursday - Back and Biceps
Friday - Powerlifting Cycle - Heavy Squats, Light Bench (also incorporate HAMSTRINGS and QUADS)
Saturday - Shoulders

55psi

HSC
man thats great, how old are u? How long u been training for?
6 times a week is a lot, do u ever feel that u overtrain, or is it just right? Coz ur routine looks kind of spaced out. I only do:
Sundays: All legs, back and biceps, forearms
Mondays: All chest, tris and delts
Wednesdays: All legs, back and biceps, forearms
Fridays: All chest, tri's and delts

So yeh, thats my simple routine that i made up for myself and i reckon its pretty spaced out in terms of resting 24hr+ for muscle groups before theyre being worked out again.

Jiga

In regards to protein, I personally take it straight after.... I read in an article by the AIS that it should be taken within 30 minutes of training and Im guessing they know what they are doing!

55psi

HSC
yeah thats the same with me.
If im consistently working out for a week, during the week-days i take protein at breakfast, midday/after workout, and half hr before bed. So im at about 3 servings a day, sometimes 4. Theres no such thing as too much protein. My protein intake for each serving is about 15% RDI, so it doesnt really matter if i take about 5 servings :p. Its just better to have variety i guess.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
here are some excerpts from the t-nation article:
I guess there will always be conflicting research, especially in bodybuilding. Some of those excerpts are interesting.
The other thing to remember though, is that if you leave 1 -1.5 hrs between your pre-workout meal and your training, then train for 1 - 2 hrs, you should be due for a meal straight away, anyway.

Well im actually 55.8kg (under 56kg category) for Australian Powerlifting. I just came home from USA, Fort Wayne, Indiana. Where i pressed 102.5kg bench press, 147.5kg squat, and a 187.5kg deadlift. Now if u can lift almost twice body weight for bench, just under 3 times body weight for squats, or over 3 times bodyweight for deadlift then u can open you mouth. 15' arms on a 165cm and 55.8kg frame isnt small either. Hope to see a reply soon.

TRAIN HARD, STAY STRONG, AND DIE OF ELBOW TENDONITIS

P.S At the WORLD JUNIORS I GAINED A 3rd place (Bronze) in both the bench press and deadlift.
Congratz!!
So, are you goals primarily strength/powerlifting related? Do you have any interest in bodybuilding/getting bigger?

Sundays: All legs, back and biceps, forearms
Mondays: All chest, tris and delts
Wednesdays: All legs, back and biceps, forearms
Fridays: All chest, tri's and delts
How long are your workouts?
How many exercises and sets are you doing per muscle group, per workout?
Looking at that, I can't imagine how you would be completely exhausting all the muscle fibres in each muscle group when you are doing so much! For a whole workout, I usually train only one muscle group, excluding bis and tris, which I do together. This is also evident since you are able to train the same muscle group after a mere 48hrs. My DOMS generally lasts approximately 5 days.

So im at about 3 servings a day, sometimes 4.
You should be having protein with every meal.

55psi

HSC
How many types of exercises do u do per workout per specific muscle group?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)