Any one use YourTutor? (1 Viewer)

oasfree

HSC
N/A
I found out that YourTutor is a web-based chat tutoring service that is offered FREE by so many libraries. They signed up with this companyto provide free tutoring to their library members (and children). This is one-on-one tutoring. It is too good to be true!

Any one has tried it? I suppose not all people like online tutoring. They may not trust to have their young kids chatting online this way. It is still too good to be true!

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
It's pretty average but worth a bit of a go. It's about the same as asking a question here on BOS.

babysnow

i like munchies
HSC
it's not the best... but it can be useful, even for senior years (note i only do 3U maths) but i have encountered a tutor who didn't know how to do a circle geometry question because they've never been taught it... which is strange. apparently she was from QLD or something ..

overall, worth a shot, but waiting time can be a deterrent... better off asking your class teacher

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Sounds interesting, is there a list of libraries which have it?

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
does this still exist? I wanted to volunteer for it but couldn't find the service anymore :|

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
It's useless, takes 20 mins to get one answer.
I know! There were several times in year 7 when I logged in at 4:00PM (when it opens) and I never got to a tutor. When I called them up they just said to hang in there. Ridiculous. There was nothing wrong with my computer.

Last edited:

yourtutor

HSC
N/A
Sorry you had to wait :( Public libraries pay for the community so that you get yourtutor for free. And there might be a _lot_ of students in your council area signing in, so there's less help from the teachers and tutors to go around for what the council paid for. So this can mean a longer wait time. But for many libraries, schools, TAFEs, there is usually a two minute wait or less.

Sorry again - good luck with study this year! :)

- yourtutor Support Team

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
I know! There were several times in year 7 when I logged in at 4:00PM (when it opens) and I never got to a tutor. When I called them up they just said to hang in there. Ridiculous. There was nothing wrong with my computer.
Have to take into consideration that these people are charging nothing to help you =)

yourtutor

HSC
N/A
Lots of questions! :) The online teachers and tutors with yourtutor DO get paid by us - because this means we can find the best possible people in each subject. It's also their job and career as educators - so they take it very seriously, and are working with yourtutor because they want to help students all over NSW and Australia.

You and your parents don't pay, it's 100% free, and no registration or any 'signing up' either. This all happens because your school, university, TAFE, or council pay for your tutoring (so they can be sure you're using good quality help, but also so they can show off how awesome their community is.)

Also - if you're looking for a 'quick answer' or someone to do the work for you - sorry :) The tutors in yourtutor will help you in the right direction, give feedback on your writing, help with research and study techniques, and help you discover what's going wrong in a calculation. But if you ask them to do something you're supposed to do yourself - the tutor will ask you to sign out so that another student can get real help.

Anyway - whatever helps you out and works best for you, *good luck* with assessments and study coming up!

- yourtutor Support Team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)