any point to studying hard in year11? (1 Viewer)

Rage_Quitter

HSC
As most people said, it is mainly prep for next years basics.
However, it is the content that will be assessed. Nothing of the marks in the Preliminary course has any real effect on your HSC.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
There isn't really. Except in mathematics where you can be tested on preliminary topics and maybe in English where you should try and improve essay writing/ analyzing skills.
+1

You need to learn how you study most effectively though.

And do improve your english writing skills, yeah sure the AOS topic is different but they way you write it is exactly the same and if you're clever enough you'll pick texts in yr 11 that can be tweaked a bit to fit the topic of belonging :)

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
there is definitely a point.

all this "I'll just start studying in year 12" never happens. If you dont start earlier there is no way your gonna start come term 4.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
^

Lol you might realise what it is when you "burn out".

Hint: Its when you try and study but just cbb and give the book a blank stare for a long time, can last for 1 day to many days.
I suffered from a great dose of this a few weeks ago.. but i've come out stronger :cool:

to OP: I recommend you take your English essays and assignments seriously.. same goes with other subjects. I don't think there is a need to study your arse off in year 11 though.. but you should not, not study.

Do some.. but don't stress yourself out. say 30 minutes revision a day may be sufficient even.

ar7

HSC
i never studied in yr 11 and only began putting my head down in yr 12 and i fink im goin pretty decent =)

waryap

HSC
I doubt you really need to. I never did, I just played games all year. It kinda gives you an advantage too for the first term of year 12 whereby everyone thinks you're an inadequate student who's unable to achieve a 90+ because he/she bludged all year 11, that's where you prove them wrong. :p
But yeah, in year 12 most of the stuff you learn in year 11 becomes a sort of prerequisite, or assumed knowledge. Especially for maths, english, economics, business, bio, chem, etc. Basically, the basics.
You can try hard, but why would you? if you know you're a capable student when truly need be then enjoy your year 11 experience, do the hwk and you'll start year 12 soon enough.

mioumiou

HSC
coz our school's social science teachers suck! :angry::angry:
Same here. I think in our school at least three or four of them CAN actually teach. But the rest..... :lol:

just wasting time on our precious education...... :rofl:

hood hood

HSC
sure, like biology in order to noe other topics discussed throughout the year you should know some of the basic stuff taught
throughout year 11 and also modern history and the brief stuff discussed in business studies such as shareholders, staholders blah blah blah... dude the list can go on!!! :)

Hope_

Hope~
HSC
I have an idea... Why don't you just start studying for Yr 12? That way, you won't have to work so hard next year.

student6625

HSC
Apart from maths and continuers languages courses, there's really not much point studying that hard in year 11. As long as you don't fail you'll probably be OK. I also think year 11 is a good time to experiment with different exam techniques and hopefully you'll work out a good one before you enter year 12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)