any1 finished chem yet???? (1 Viewer)

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
yeah i'd just like to know if theres any1 out there that has actually finished the hsc and hasn't actually completed the hsc exam.....is any1 accelerating or where r u guys all up 2?

btw, i'm up to chemical monitoring and management and i'm hoping to finish the HSC in a couple of weeks or mayb even a month :confused: :eek:

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
We haven't yet finished Acidic Environment. Probably finish it in 1-2 weeks.

N

ND

Originally posted by dark_angel
yeah i'd just like to know if theres any1 out there that has actually finished the hsc and hasn't actually completed the hsc exam.....is any1 accelerating or where r u guys all up 2?

btw, i'm up to chemical monitoring and management and i'm hoping to finish the HSC in a couple of weeks or mayb even a month :confused: :eek:
I finished CMaM yesturday, and i'm just doing revision 'til the half yearlies. So i'll be starting S&S next term.

edit: yes, i know i'm posting on friday night, but my friend was sick so i had to drive him home. :D :p

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
i c, so every1 has approx. finished half the HSC. Thats pretty fast. Question: if u do finish the HSC say at home, will u hav to do any work in class? will the teachers make u work even though u hav aced all the tests etc??

i just wanted to know because i'm really racing ahead and hoping to finish all the core by the end of this week. :)

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
We just finished the Acidic Environment... so we have done half the course.
may i ask which skool u go to and your marks????? thanx

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I go to Albury High. I'm coming first in Chem at the moment, my mark is about 87 %....... I failed chemistry in yr 11 though so it is quite an improvement.....

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Had half yearlys. We are just finishing off the last part of Acidic Environment.

Ac

pranks85

Finished acidic env. & the first 2 d/ps of Monitoring and management. Doing my 1/2yrly in...46 hours....argh!

kini mini

HSC
Some schools try to get through the course quickly, others take their time. I'm not convinced that either approach is necessarily better - it comes down to the individual student IMO. Are any of you rabid supporters of either approach? :p

Good luck pranks85 and everyone else who's sitting their half-yearlys :).

[edited because of typo]

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Originally posted by kini mini
it comes down to the individual student IMO. Are any of you rabid supporters of either approach? :p
Yeah i definately agree with kini mini. I also think that you can seriously finish the HSC in say a week if you hav a two book combo (like surfing and conq chem). Do like a chapter a day in each book and you'll finish the course with flying colours. Ofcourse the only catch is that you have to learn it so its imbedded in your brain to regurgitate later. Thats what i'm doing now but i'm taking it a bit easy. You can do it if u want to, it only takes like 3 hours a day on chem, but it all depends on how desperate you are to get the UAI you want. :cool:

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Some schools try to get through the course quickly, others take their time. I'm not convinced that either approach is necessarily better - it comes down to the individual student IMO. Are any of you rabid supporters of either approach? :p

i believe the faster the better... so more time for fun:D

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by dark_angel

you can seriously finish the HSC in say a week if you hav a two book combo (like surfing and conq chem). Do like a chapter a day in each book and you'll finish the course with flying colours.
While theoretically possible, I think you'd most likely end up in an asylum suffering from an overdose of Board of Studies Bullshit :p.

Ofcourse the only catch is that you have to learn it so its imbedded in your brain to regurgitate later. Thats what i'm doing now but i'm taking it a bit easy. You can do it if u want to, it only takes like 3 hours a day on chem, but it all depends on how desperate you are to get the UAI you want. :cool:
3 hours a day on chem seems a little excessive, what about your other subjects?! Chem is something you can cram for due to the regurgitation - I found I had to leave memorising some things until a few days before the exam because I forgot them inside a week :eek:.

abdooooo!!!

Banned

3 hours a day on chem seems a little excessive, what about your other subjects?!
but if you finish chem in a week with 3 hours a day, you'll have the rest of your year for all your other subjects.

you'll probaly finish physics and biology (if your doing them) in the same amount of time. math and english might take longer since nearly everyone does extensions, but i think 7 weeks will be enough. and if you add all that together you'll be finished hsc in 10 weeks!!!:eek: that is if you willing to spend 3 hours a day for 10 weeks straight, its all worth it when you can have the rest of the year for fun!!!:D

someone should try this 10 week plan out, it might just work and change your life or you might just forget everything before the exams and...

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC

3 hours a day on chem seems a little excessive, what about your other subjects?!I found I had to leave memorising some things until a few days before the exam because I forgot them inside a week :eek:.
Well, how many hours are there in a day? 24?? Right?? Wrong !!! What about what happens when you come home after school?? 8 hours are already gone (including travelling time) that leaves around say 8 hours to study till 12 oclock. 8 hours!!! thats more that enough for each subjuct, and remeber its only up till 12. I dont know about other people, but i sleep at around 2. Of course there have been times where i just cant be bothered but listening to some inspiring music usually gets me through that. There are some things however you cant miss for example *charmed* or the news or having a shower. This takes further time of your day :mad: Actually i study all day (until morning) on the weekends and then sleep for the following day.

As for your other question, memorising is quite easy if you make a revision sheet with all the answers to the syllabus. If you think that you hav memorised everything, you can answer the syllabus dot points by writing long response etc.

TOO MUCH??? i go through it everyday cos i'm ACCELERATING :eek:

actually i'm a bit sleepy now :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)