any1 finished chem yet???? (1 Viewer)

N

ND

Originally posted by abdooooo!!!

but if you finish chem in a week with 3 hours a day, you'll have the rest of your year for all your other subjects.

you'll probaly finish physics and biology (if your doing them) in the same amount of time. math and english might take longer since nearly everyone does extensions, but i think 7 weeks will be enough. and if you add all that together you'll be finished hsc in 10 weeks!!!:eek: that is if you willing to spend 3 hours a day for 10 weeks straight, its all worth it when you can have the rest of the year for fun!!!:D

someone should try this 10 week plan out, it might just work and change your life or you might just forget everything before the exams and...
It would take alot more than 21 hours to finish the entire chem course, not to mention revising... I have been spending 3 hours a day (not including weekends, and the xmas hols) since term 4 last year, and the only courses i'm even remotely close to finishing are chem and phys (i'm up to elective in both).

N

ND

Originally posted by dark_angel

Well, how many hours are there in a day? 24?? Right?? Wrong !!! What about what happens when you come home after school?? 8 hours are already gone (including travelling time) that leaves around say 8 hours to study till 12 oclock. 8 hours!!! thats more that enough for each subjuct, and remeber its only up till 12. I dont know about other people, but i sleep at around 2. Of course there have been times where i just cant be bothered but listening to some inspiring music usually gets me through that. There are some things however you cant miss for example *charmed* or the news or having a shower. This takes further time of your day :mad: Actually i study all day (until morning) on the weekends and then sleep for the following day.

As for your other question, memorising is quite easy if you make a revision sheet with all the answers to the syllabus. If you think that you hav memorised everything, you can answer the syllabus dot points by writing long response etc.

TOO MUCH??? i go through it everyday cos i'm ACCELERATING :eek:

actually i'm a bit sleepy now :confused:
8 hours a day? You'd be burnt out in no time (unless you're some kind of super-human).

kini mini

HSC

8 hours!!! thats more that enough for each subjuct, and remeber its only up till 12. I dont know about other people, but i sleep at around 2.
I don't know about other people, but I made a conscious decision that getting 100 was not worth it if that's what it would take. I don't think that most people would be able to sustain that kind of workload, though it's quite possible you are one of them. Even so, don't you think there's a little more to life than study, especially in year 11? . At the very least it's a terribly unhealthy lifestyle.

As for your other question, memorising is quite easy if you make a revision sheet with all the answers to the syllabus. If you think that you hav memorised everything, you can answer the syllabus dot points by writing long response etc.
That's what I did, though like ND it appears to be much easier for some than others. I wasn't finished until a few weeks before the exam, having other things to do...

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Originally posted by kini mini

I don't know about other people, but I made a conscious decision that getting 100 was not worth it if that's what it would take. I don't think that most people would be able to sustain that kind of workload, though it's quite possible you are one of them. Even so, don't you think there's a little more to life than study, especially in year 11? . At the very least it's a terribly unhealthy lifestyle.

Now this i have to disagree with. I hav been going to school since kindergarten, which is around 10 years. 10 years!!!! I mean isnt the whole point of going to school is getting a UAI at the end and learning a bit in the process??? Isnt the whole point of going to school getting a better job and a better LIFE at the end??? I dont know about you, but a month of hard studying is NOTHING compared to 10 years of waking up early in the morning, bludging for 6 hours and then going all the way home. I'm sure alot of people agree with me about this. The HSC will be over for you by the end of this year, probably earlier (or mayb it is already?!?) but that dosent mean that your life will become any easier. There is uni, then work........you get the picture. And anyway, theres nothing wrong with this workload, in fact i wouldnt even call it a workload. Because i go to a government school :D (thanx macquarie boys!!!) i hav so many free periods that schools almost a bludge (almost)!!!(btw, my subjects are 3u english, 4u maths, chem, physics bio) In fact, i go to the movies at parra every second monday. And about the lifesyle, i'm pretty fit, but i am woriking on getting fitter.....And another thing, i learnt from economics: isnt the point of going to school an opportunity cost to working? i mean if we didnt go to school we could have earned at least $200,000. The whole point of school is to get a high uai and get a mad job that earns excess of $200,000 a year (in my opinion). well that just about sums it up......bring on the criticism.........

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Youre getting really worked up there dark_angel, Im not criticising you for doing so much work, I mean good for you getting so much done. BUT you have to remember to go out and have fun, life is more than just the HSC. I know you want to get a really high UAI but you cant just spend the next 10 months locked up in your room for 8 hours a day, and another 8 hours locked up in school. I agree with kini mini that this does sound like an unhealthy lifestyle, and maybe you go out a bit more and try and take it easy from time to time. Even if you go for a walk through a park, sit under a tree and just relax once a week, it can be very beneficial for your mind and body. Because by the sounds of it you could very well burn out very quickly with that kind of lifestyle.

Once you get to uni you'll be spending another 3 - 4+ years studying there, and I dont think you'll be able to keep up that overworked study habit for that many more years. By the sounds of your last few posts, it seems as though you're not properly looking beyond the HSC, and just thinking that life ends with a UAI. It doesnt. Even if you dont get into the course you want straight away, it is still possible to get into it if you have the determiniation to find another way in. Ive known people who have gotten UAI's 10-20 points below the cutoff for what they want, but because of their determination to do that course they managed to get into it by doing another course and transferring later.

And another thing, employers arent going to be too impressed if the only thing you have on your CV is a UAI, they want people who have other things than just the HSC. Maybe you might want to take part in your school's SRC or some other student comittee.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
omg. I'm not taking this too seriously. I hav a healthy lifestyle, it might not look like i do, but believe me i do. I go to the movies every second monday, i play table tennis for my school and i have alot of other things on my record. But SRC is just a piece of crap!! Where did u get that from, i wouldnt do that even if it meant getting an UAI of 99. Ask ABDOOOOOO!, he goes to my school.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
But SRC is just a piece of crap!! Where did u get that from, i wouldnt do that even if it meant getting an UAI of 99. Ask ABDOOOOOO!, he goes to my school.
what are saying man??? SRC is full cool, especially when you are the president:cool:. don't let me hear you bad mouthing SRC again, or else, ABDUL will destroy you!!! :uhoh::chainsaw:

just joking:p

mannnnndy

chocoholic
I got the SRC thing from the idea that if you've contributed to the school, then it shows that you can give something back to the community, the SRC is good because it shows leadership and employers love leadership. Do you only go to the movies with your friends or do you go 'out' as well to other places, because from what youre saying it doesnt sound like you see them much out of school which is a bit of a downer because friends help keep you sane during year 12 (HSC time especially).

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Originally posted by mannnnndy
I got the SRC thing from the idea that if you've contributed to the school, then it shows that you can give something back to the community, the SRC is good because it shows leadership and employers love leadership. Do you only go to the movies with your friends or do you go 'out' as well to other places, because from what youre saying it doesnt sound like you see them much out of school which is a bit of a downer because friends help keep you sane during year 12 (HSC time especially).
SRC in my skool is really crap, and i mean crap. I'd seriously be wasting my time contributing to a skool that does crap for me. But MOST of my teachers are great, so i dosent bother me that much at all. And i'm not a freak thats studying 24/7 i'm anything but that. Ofcourse i go to my friends house, or somewhere else and my friends are quite....er...supportive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)