any1 going nelson bay, port stevens etc for schoolies? (1 Viewer)

CaitlinMaree

HSC
How did u all manage to get a booking up there?

my friends and i were looking to go there, but all the accomodation info said that they dont accept schoolies bookings.

how did u get around that?

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
Oh and the beaches are beautfiful :)

Hey i don't wan't to dampen your whole schoolies experience but ive read some things on the first and second pages, and i utterly agree.

My dad lives in Tea Gardens / Hawks nest, now im not sure how these places stack up to port stephens itself but its also full of surfers / absoulete IDIOTS which are: speed / crack addicts which are seeking conflict and overall looking for a fight.

There are robberies within the area, last time i went up the golf course had been robbed by 3 men.

IF this isnt enough, the town is dead and full of people who are quite frankly waiting to die.

Now i may sound harsh but ive seen the areas and its not too nice - better sleeping naked in the streets of kings cross on a friday night then going to a place called pindimar.

Just tryna help not scare,

mawled.
Haha that's a fucking good one. My parents own a unit up there and we visit all the time - none of this shit has ever happened to us - as a matter of fact, it's been the complete opposite. Most people are quite nice, friendly, overt and I have fun every time - even with my *shudder* family...

So I don't know which Nelson bay you're all refering to but I think either way - even if these things exist - they're probably avoidable and are really not that big of a deal

stop shitting over our fun I don't know what you think your gaining by coming here and trying to convince everyone not to go .... if anything, surfers is way more 'extreme' and 'dangerous' than Nelson Bay or PS or any of those other places

my friends and i were looking to go there, but all the accomodation info said that they dont accept schoolies bookings.

There are certain places that let you go, we're staying at O'mera property in Nelson

Last edited:

Burns_22

HSC
Me and 5 other mates are heading up to nelsons around the 30th till the whenever we get bored should be fun anyone else going up around these dates

spazamataz

HSC

Were not going on schoolies, its a 'post-exam holiday'.
Lol, nah we just went to stayz.com and it was pretty good, there were a lot of houses that not so much accepted schoolies, but they didn't mind them. We just said we don't intend on heaps crazy stuff, but the downside is we have to pay a heaps big bond.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
There are certain places that let you go, we're staying at O'mera property in Nelson

omg same :)

theyre so cheap!

$154 each for 6 nights! + the place is gorgeous

Last edited:

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
omg same :)

theyre so cheap!

$154 each for 6 nights! + the place is gorgeous
Yeh it's awesome, we're only paying 90 each (but there is a few of us going). But the bond is lame, like 200 each lol.. .fail

But as long as you don't ruin the place, it's fairly cheap and good for the location

penguin.ali

HSC
We're going up to Nelson bay from the 24th of nov to the 1st of december, pretty much because 1) it's only an hour away from Newcastle 2) the accommodation is cheap and 3) friends have stayed up there before and have loved it.

Nelson bay is just like any town in terms of anti social behaviour, don't let the rantings of some unahappy residents keep you from coming.

atm1991

HSC
I'm staying in a 2 storey place in Fingal Bay with 7 mates, Nov 27th-Dec 6th.

Easy, don't say it's for schoolies. You're not lying, but if they don't ask for specific details, why tell them? Just a few friends going on a holiday as far as they're concerned. And seriously, as if any1 who seriously wanted to go crazy would go to Nelson Bay, and not the Gold Coast?

Last edited:

ILOVESCIENCE2

HSC
N/A
Hey me and 9 others are going up to nelsons this year too!! so excited,,,,, wat are ur msns :)

Lanina

HSC
couple of friends and myself are heading there between the 23rd November till the 28th November :)

spazamataz

HSC
Just got back from there =) We did early schoolies, but it was so good.
It wasn't busy at all, and everyone was heaps nice.
I'm sure there were other schoolies, but yeah we were the only ones driving around in the middle of the night and sitting on the beach in the dark! hahahaha

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I'm sure there were other schoolies, but yeah we were the only ones driving around in the middle of the night and sitting on the beach in the dark! hahahaha
Nice!

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad

serious? so what did you guys do there exactly?
let me know of somet things to do please haha.. im going there in a weeks time for schoolies! :D

btw is anybody staying in salamander bay??

spazamataz

HSC
Visit the Moonshadow cruises website. They have this three in one deal for $125 each where you go parasailing, a lunchtime dolphin spotting cruise and sandboarding. It was so much fun!!!!!!
Also, we walked up the Tomaree head mountain thing, its pretty cool and a great view.
Other than that just go to every beach there, and do some crazy stuff :)
TRIPLE THE ADVENTURE, PORT STEPHENS, NEW SOUTH WALES, NSW

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
holy shit $125?!?! lol im only taking like $300 up..
thanks tho! :D

also if you dont mind me asking... how much money did you spend while up there on everything BESIDES accomodation (eg. groceries, alcohol, activities, shopping etc)?

because im wondering whether $300 will be enough or not :S lol

spazamataz

HSC
I had about $500
Spent about $50 on food, another $50 on just odd things like movies and stuff, didn't drink much, but probably about $30. Oh and petrol was the big thing!! It was about $90 all up, and then yeah the $125 thing.
If you wanna save money just bring stuff from home, we managed to save heaps doing that! And its probably good to have just a reserve in case something goes wrong (that was my credit card lol)
I think you can have fun just going to the beach everyday and chilling out, but yeah, its up to you how much you want to spend.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Nelsons Bay schoolies 09

^^^^^

woooooohoooooooooooo have fun!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)