Anybody doing 3 sciences? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Kujah said:
I think that's probably the misconception with Biology. A Local Ecosystem is pretty easy, as it deals with the simple ecology things. But once you delve into the other topics, it turns out to be harder than you initially thought it was.

But, if you look at marks, Physics is definitely harder than Biology.
Hm yeah. I guess I shouldn't really judge biology. Well we all have our different subjects and yeah. Part of me still regrets not considering to do bio though. ^^"

Ah well ..

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
sle3pe3bumz said:
O_O" .. their asian ?
what makes them asian?

but, anyhoo. IMO, bio is the best science out of all three.... but maybe that's just coz i never understood/understand phys and chem.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
ssejamafone said:
what makes them asian?

but, anyhoo. IMO, bio is the best science out of all three.... but maybe that's just coz i never understood/understand phys and chem.
just the stereotypics (is that a word?) that most asians do all 3 sciences ext. maths etc ..

Kujah said:
6 Days til Order of the Phoenix!
16 days til Deathly Hallows
ew harry potter ! naw i kid .. but yeah not a big fan of hp !

aiz

HSC
N/A
biology is basically all about regurgitating information, so it's easy. i can't think about doing 2 sciences let alone 3. :eek:

A Stone Monkey

HSC
N/A
sle3pe3bumz said:
just the stereotypics (is that a word?) that most asians do all 3 sciences ext. maths etc ..

ew harry potter ! naw i kid .. but yeah not a big fan of hp !
Actually, the stereotype is that most Asians do two sciences - Chemistry and Physics - and Economics, Extension II Mathematics, and Standard/Advanced English, 'giving' them an UAI around 100, enabling them to do Medicine with a Scientia scholarship.
That's so politically incorrect and erroneous.

Hi.:)

On-topic: what counts as a science?

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
humglish said:
legal uses latin to name things and history (terra nullius)

also, stop paying out on white people saying they can't do maths. This whole asian debate is just as much insulting to me as it is to an asian. People aren't smart because of their race, their smart because they try hard.
When did I say that? Or are you just talking to the forum in general?

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
A Stone Monkey said:
Actually, the stereotype is that most Asians do two sciences - Chemistry and Physics - and Economics, Extension II Mathematics, and Standard/Advanced English, 'giving' them an UAI around 100, enabling them to do Medicine with a Scientia scholarship.
That's so politically incorrect and erroneous.

On-topic: what counts as a science?

Ha yeah well true that. But well it's not really expected that people besides non-asians do 3 sciences for some reason. I mean I'd encourage many non-asians to do all 3 but well all I'm saying is that they're aren't many out there.

humglish said:
also, stop paying out on white people saying they can't do maths. This whole asian debate is just as much insulting to me as it is to an asian. People aren't smart because of their race, their smart because they try hard.
Did I say that ? Because if I did or in a way meant it, I really didn't mean to say that. I'd actually hate myself if I did. I mean your totally right. It's just the society that we live in which makes people think that and I think its revolting behaviour. Everybody is capable of anything. It's just in society, a majority of asians focus on maths and ALOT of this is due to parental reasoning. I think that although a majority of 2u,3u & 4u students are asian, we have no right to say that whites are uncapable reaching those standards too.

ZJ NingNing

HSC
School isnt everything in life. I dont know why people would do 3 sciences if you dont enjoy it. For a high UAI or parents' pressure?

I like science sometimes. Depends on my mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)