Anyone chosing Aviation? (1 Viewer)

James747

HSC
wow! you're awesome buddy! thnx a real lot for putting that together, it really helped alot! good luck for ur stage 2!

ST2010

HSC
James747 said:
Hi!
I'm planning to take aviation next year, so I'd like some advice from anyone who's already doing the course (if there are any!:mad1:)

How are you finding the course? Is it difficult?
How helpful is this course in contributing to a career in the airline/ aircraft field? Do you go on excursions? (Where to?) Or is everything just theory based?

Thanks heaps for any responses

Cheers
Im planning to do aviation next year too but with it i got 15 units??! does this course require exams and alot of assesments? because if it does i might not be able to cope with other subjects

Triple777ER

Vamos Rojas
HSC
ST2010 said:
Im planning to do aviation next year too but with it i got 15 units??! does this course require exams and alot of assesments? because if it does i might not be able to cope with other subjects
What are your subjects?

James747

HSC
ST2010 said:
There are only two examinations per year, namely Meteorology and Flight Planning & Navigation. In year 12 you will do another two examinations, one being Basic Aeronatical Knowledge (BAK) and I forgot the other one. R they stresful? No where compared to the ones you'd do at skool. I passed both of my exams with limited study... and the rest of the class failed!

Taking a Tafe course may affect your skool subjects abit since you miss out on basically half a day of skool every week, and you don't finish tafe till like 6 (plus all the travel time home from ultimo). But if you plan on doing maybe 11 units in yr 12, you can take aviation as your 13 units in yr 11 then drop it. The course is quite interesting, but the people you study with may not all be as interested in learning.

HSC
so assuming you pass the course..you come out with all the theory for a PPL?

do u get a certificate ? or do u need to buy a logbook

James747

HSC
Well, i only done it for one year. I got a formal transcript of acheivement from Tafe for the subjects i done, which are up to PPL level, but from what i remember the teacher said the flight planning and navigation exam was up to the CPL level. I have the code numbers for the courses if u wanna check exactly what level they are taught up to.

HSC
when did you get confirmation of enrolment ?

applications were due in on the 31st august..

James747

HSC
confirmed into the course? depends when ur careers advisor sends in the application and how long it takes to process it.

atMinimas

HSC
I've applied to the Ultimo one too ~ !!

Maybe I'll see you there muffin ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)