Anyone else disliked tht test? (1 Viewer)

-::Sanni::-

HSC
ARG!!!! X_x

I HATED this exam so very much!!! T_T I did worse than the half-yearlys.

Mod A sucked. I had 'In the Wild' and for some weird reason I decided on impulse to write a speech rather than an essay!!! F-

Mod B was okay...I think! XP I just jotted down anything I knew about When You are old and Wild Swans at Coole.

Mod C was Frontline...stupid, stupid me!! I didn't do much studying for it........ and yes I went around in circles not really having any idea of what to do....

This exam was as bad as Business Studies and Area of Study's Tempest essay question! X_X And for some weird reason I feel like I'm going to be seeing my Business Studies notes and English notes in the future.... I SOoooo don't want to repeat! T_T

STUPID STUPID HSC that will determine our future careers!!! XP

HSC
-::Sanni::- said:
Mod A sucked. I had 'In the Wild' and for some weird reason I decided on impulse to write a speech rather than an essay!!! F-
Nice! :eek:

HSC
veloc1ty said:

Well it didn't sound exactly like an essay question at that point in time.... *sigh*

Did do the 'in the wild' question as well? If you did, what did put into it?

HSC
Just all the standard stuff... similarities/differences/context... with a focus on restorative power of nature (because they mentioned that in the question).

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
ktinn said:
I thought it was fucking great test, really good questions for me.

For people who did Ros and Guild did anyone else do a speech?
uhh no. u did a speech?:uhoh:

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
I reckon it was quiet normal, its actually expected and all that. Just Hamlet and R&GAD was kind of weird. But its still a comparison, normal to me, though its limiting our ideas a bit with control.

HSC
veloc1ty said:
Just all the standard stuff... similarities/differences/context... with a focus on restorative power of nature (because they mentioned that in the question).

I had a whole lot of rhetorical questions in mine! XD

I focused on similarities rather than differences and I had context. And the whole detachment from nature.

I feel sorry for the examiners who mark my exams! X_x Poor souls! Not only will they have to try and decipher my ugly, huge writing but also make sense of what I wrote, which didn't make much sense to me as I wrote it....

HSC
Intellectualism said:
Good bye UAI. :wave:

I totally agree with you!

Farewell dear UAI that was never meant to be for me any way...

I'm so stupid! XP

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
Originally Posted by -::Sanni::-
WHY OH GOD WHY Did I not think of that!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to do an imaginative-analytical really bad

*hits head on wall repeatedly*

paulibrilli

HSC
I agree it was a good test! I was actually smiling at my paper during reading time because it was all straight forward, except the extract from Emma was surpising...

HSC
Patar said:
WHY OH GOD WHY Did I not think of that!!!!!!!!!!
Patar said:

I wanted to do an imaginative-analytical really bad

*hits head on wall repeatedly*

Wait....are you suggesting that a speech for that section was okay? So I didn't stuff up by NOT doing an essay? o_O

BabyK

HSC
Yehh i really dident lyk it i had in the wild for module A and i left it till last, cos i had no idea wat to do wif dat quote so i had bout 20 mins left and a weird q...and yeh i only wrote 5 pgs srsly....i so hope d markers will be pitiful on me :cold: plz plz, cs d otha 2 will du ok, but dat shitt....omg i js wnt lyk a 14 :( :( a 12 even for dat 1 :(

beth211111

HSC
Could u do a speech?? I just did an essay that went on tangents that ended up ending with a rather ambiguous conclusion. woo..

HSC
beth211111 said:
Could u do a speech?? I just did an essay that went on tangents that ended up ending with a rather ambiguous conclusion. woo..
LOL I ended my speech terribly!!! As I usually do!

I had John the Savage and Roy Batty's death resemble how the individuals in our society would not fit into their society and a whole lot of nonsensical rhetorical questions here and there! XD

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
-::Sanni::- said:
Wait....are you suggesting that a speech for that section was okay? So I didn't stuff up by NOT doing an essay? o_O
Looking back now it never said what form it had to take.

Syllabus mentions that students are supposed to compose a variety of imaginative, interpretive and analytical forms

Speeches are very close to essays

but if you did a speech, and used its conventions well, I dont know as I didnt read your speech, and communicated a sophisticaed understanding of the Modules its going to stand out - specially as its in speech form

I cant believe I wasnt brave enough to think outside the box

markers appreciate originality

trust

HSC
Patar said:
Looking back now it never said what form it had to take.

Syllabus mentions that students are supposed to compose a variety of imaginative, interpretive and analytical forms

Speeches are very close to essays

but if you did a speech, and used its conventions well, I dont know as I didnt read your speech, and communicated a sophisticaed understanding of the Modules its going to stand out - specially as its in speech form

I cant believe I wasnt brave enough to think outside the box

markers appreciate originality

trust
*WHEW!* I thought I totally stuffed up that section by not doing an essay! XD However the content isn't all that interesting... T_T and my writing is very unsophisticated... so hopefully I'll get some marks for just having it in speech form!... XD

Clever Chick

2008- Year 12
HSC
laa.musique said:
lol yeah for mod c mine asked about rhetorical techniques for speeches and i donteven know what they are so i just talked about normal language techniques and hoped some of them were rhetorical devices!!
rhetorical devices are just ways they use their rhrtoic (speaking abilities and orator skills) to convey the memormorable idea.
langauge skills work but needed to include stuff bout delivery and how the techniqes are still accessible today

ktinn

HSC
hollyy. said:
uhh no. u did a speech?:uhoh:
The question was very open ended and let you choose what format you wanted to write in, but the use of such a long quote as the start of the extended response indicated to me that a speech was more "appropriate" - as the BOS likes to say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)