Anyone else disliked tht test? (1 Viewer)

cccclaire

HSC
I would have preffered the test to be harder.

The questions were just asking for pre-prepared answers. I would have preffered a test where all the idiots who memorised essays would be challenged and not do as well.

For all of my questions, if I had bothered to memorise an essay I could have just vomited it on to the page and got a band 6.

Communist Panda

HSC
Quite happy that there was no "How has this shaped your personal response?" rubbish, but I wasn't expecting that they would all be essays. I generally find it better to cope with the monotony if one of the text types is novel, like an interview transcript or something.

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
cccclaire said:

The questions were just asking for pre-prepared answers. I would have preffered a test where all the idiots who memorised essays would be challenged and not do as well.

For all of my questions, if I had bothered to memorise an essay I could have just vomited it on to the page and got a band 6.
I feel the same way. While I didn't find today's paper too difficult it made me kick myself for not memorising essays for modules B and C because that was easy marks there wasn't really an extremely deep knowledge of the module required.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
cccclaire said:

BoS wanted to end looking good with plenty of band 6's

tangotrace

SUPER HERO
HSC
what?

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck..........

you all thought it was good? what? NO. no. it was bad. very very very bad.

our english teacher was waiting outside for us and she just looked at us when we came out and said don't worry about it, it was shit... even head of english said it was a shit exam. Emma qun too closed, Lear worded stupidly, with Hughes being the only remotely normal one there!

fuck you all if you get band 6s cause i seriously don't know how its even possible :(

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
tangotrace said:
what?

our english teacher was waiting outside for us and she just looked at us when we came out and said don't worry about it, it was shit... even head of english said it was a shit exam. Emma qun too closed, Lear worded stupidly, with Hughes being the only remotely normal one there!

fuck you all if you get band 6s cause i seriously don't know how its even possible :(

i dunno bout ur texts questions but mine (hamlet, frontline, harwood) were quite simplistic and easy???

diametric

HSC
Noo. I quite liked it.
My questions were preetty simple: In the Wild, Wordsworth and Malouf. For Mod. A. Citizen Kane for Mod. B. Wayy too simple. And complexities evident within the nature of powerplay? I liked engaging with, focus was Antony and Cleopatra.

Incubus Man

HSC
friction said:
Omg B and C where easy it was just rewrite your essay. Any technique used in a narative is a narative technique so just dicuss and the meanings. C was gold also just another rewrite essay. A was pretty bad but.
That's exactly how I felt.

Section A was unclear. It said "using this extract as the starting point, write an essay"

What am I suppose to do? Put this half a page quote from Emma before my introduction or something? It didn't say make reference to. "Using as the starting point" really threw me off.

HSC
tangotrace said:
what?

i did all the same texts as you and i agree. the emma question was required more close study than KL... i had really good techniques for stuff like characters, setting, context, but my values essay was shit. out of all the modules, i was expecting to go best in that section...

and yeah, the Lear question was badly worded. dramatic techniques wtf? i've heard so many different things it's not funny. one of my friends talked about different productions, looking around BoS people have done heaps different thinngs, i just interpreted it as language techniques basically... i.e. symbol, irony, themes, rhetorical question etc

Hughes was good, though. the easiest module/question by far.

muffin55

Banned
HSC
I thought all the questions were very open and if you had a memorised essay it would have fit in nicely. but stupid me.. i didn't have any memorised.. They were too broad and open..

I felt there wasn't enough to work from for a couple of the sections.

Module A - In the Wild - "BR/BNW" = That was alright, i tried to integrate the quote talking about John and how he represnts elements of the 'natural' in the world state. And how is was the element of the 'wild' in the World State, compared to the citizens. Then i just went on talking about hummanity's relationship with the natural... etc.. and all that kind of stuff from the rubric, with examples. Also put in context as much as i could..Hope that's alright..

Module B - King Lear - I liked. It was very open asking for 'dramatic techniques', but then you could just write about the techniqures shakespear employed, etc...

Module C - Frontline - the 'complexities' of telling the truth... hmmm. I did this one last, didn't write as much as the other two but tried to squeeze in as many techniques as possible. i just kinda kept refering to the words in the question throughout and saying how complex telling the truth can get.

I felt like i could have written for another 2 hours. There was so much more i wanted to get into the essays but didn't get time for.. *sigh*

oh well, it's all over now :shy:
english advanced:hammer: ... never again!! wooohhooo

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
Nope. Out of the 27635 people who sat Paper 2 Advanced, you are the only one who disliked the test.

jex

HSC
Module A for Hamlet was fucking shocking. It surprised me so much I didn't structure my answer and went on the worst ramble. Lost my chance at band six. Otherwise, the other modules were easy, I wish I'd memorised an essay for critical study, I didn't really argue as clearly as I could've.

There are a lot of arrogant fucks on this board, aren't there? Seems a few people enjoy elevating their own success to the deliberate detriment of everyone who's worrying.

lordesf

HSC
minijumbuk said:
Nope. Out of the 27635 people who sat Paper 2 Advanced, you are the only one who disliked the test.
PTFF no!

theres so many out there tht disliked the test e.g ME!

Hamlet was so specific, my whole planed essay didint go on paper, cuting bits and peices on the spot and wasted like 10 mins just reading tht STUPID quote..... and i stil dont get wat its saying...

Also Wuthering heights the Q wording really screwed me "narrative techniques" i interpreted as naration techniques which really gave me the fright.. and i wrote like EVERYTING i DIDNT KNOW.. so im so screwed....

So yeh his not the only one!

hujikolp

HSC
lordesf said:
minijumbuk said:
PTFF no!

theres so many out there tht disliked the test e.g ME!

Hamlet was so specific, my whole planed essay didint go on paper, cuting bits and peices on the spot and wasted like 10 mins just reading tht STUPID quote..... and i stil dont get wat its saying...

Also Wuthering heights the Q wording really screwed me "narrative techniques" i interpreted as naration techniques which really gave me the fright.. and i wrote like EVERYTING i DIDNT KNOW.. so im so screwed....

So yeh his not the only one!
hmm, read it again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)