Anyone else done subjects they regret doing? (1 Viewer)

tpeet

HSC
zxcvbee said:
PHYSICS regret it badly. srsly iw as great in yr 11, bt yr 12 jst killed me!
i wish i did mordern hist insted. like i picked it but not enough ppl did. Kills me!! and i wish i had gone harder out throught the yr cos im buring bout ranks
I totally understand, in yr 11 i was near top of class in physics and now i'm near bottom :( wish i'd done bio instead...
btw mod hist = best subject, missed out big time by not doing it, lol :D

kitkatCEO

HSC
N/A
tau281290 said:
Chemistry is my biggest regret. I am in the pathetic class, even though some ppl there are top, the teacher there just suck balls compared to the other classes. The content is so dull and dry, may be the only fun part of it is that its great at scaling. That's about it.
give me 5

Cathy Sander

HSC
I wished I didn't do Economics :angry:...with all of the annoying data and theory I had to remember, plus the fact that my teacher was too persuasive with me choosing it. If only I did Chemistry...

sparkerasp

HSC
I kinda regret not keeping physics. I dropped it at the end of year 11. Wish I hadn't done that now :(. Either that or I wish I could've taken Music Extension and Studies of Religion II

songs4thesadman

HSC
yeah I totally regret doing art.
it was hard to decide between that and biology, as they were both on the same line
and all year i regreted not choosing bio instead.
also, I wish i had done two unit maths, or maybe even three. I chose general because I knew I wouldn't have to put any effort in, but because of that I got bored.

Matt Palmer

TV Watcher
HSC
my school offered legal studies as an online course, so i chose to do it because i got many free periods. this was a mistake. my philosophy was that i would probably drop if it was shit. i worked hard at it in yr 11, and enjoyed it. but i became disenfranchised with modern history, and when i had a massive assignment due i dropped that instead. then the work packed on in other subjects and the online course took the back seat. now the exam is friday and i know shit all. i wish i did extension english and my school did 3u economics. thats what i would hav done.

nrs1990

HSC
I really like to subjects I have... but I regret the subjects I wanted to do but didn't get to. I initially chose Drama and Software Design and Development, but not enough other people chose them, so they didn't run. I'm still a little bitter about that -- I'm pretty sure more people chose Drama and SDD than are doing subjects like Music at the moment. I'm also bitter that my school made me fill up my units with timetabled classes offered in school, rather than letting me do something like Spanish Beginners by correspondence.

Oh, well. They let me drop Biology half a term into year 11. (They have this rule that we can't count accelerated units towards our year 11 total, but I begged until they relented.) I dropped Legal Studies early this year. Now I'm down to an unusually small number of units; and I like all of them (except Advanced).

cait44

HSC
Definitely....Maths mostly and Chemistry some days.
Thank God they only take your best 10 units. Not all is lost!

kwinnall

HSC
should have dropped legal for sure. wished my school had offered engineering studies, i totally would have done that....

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
i regret not doing general maths...I just saw the paper, i nearly cried with pain at how easy it was

madamecabaret

HSC
HISTORY EXTENSION HISTORY EXTENSION HISTORY EXTENSION.

I only picked it up because the school made me, as i couldn't have ext 2 english as my 10th unit. It's just been crap all year: Our teacher didn't teach us for half the year, then when we got her replaced by someone better the case study was the most boring one there: the Bush Legend. I had trouble finding a topic for my external project, and ended up struggling with the topic I did choose, and I got 12/20 for it in the end. so all in all, it'll probably the subject that drags me down and makes my rank awful :(

any one else sympathise?

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
i regret having 8/10 of my units humanities subjects, but other than that no, no real regrets.

ext history is a really cool subject but i've done like no work throughout the year :/

edit: your major was marked out of 20 (or is that just the essay, not including footnotes and the other crap)? ours was marked out of 40... i thought they all were. pity you have a shitty case study... jfk isn't great but i'm sure its better than that ><

just hang in there, cram as much as u can and try get 22+ 22+ :) it's what i'm gonna try do.. >.>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)