anyone else feel like the class of 2023 will be the peak class ever and further year groups are screwed (mentally and academically) (1 Viewer)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
i'm just surprised you all didn't experience this because of your schools own rules?? We've had a phone ban since like yr 8
I know a lot of private schools have their own rules but the majority of public schools didn't, back when I was in junior years it didn't seem to be much a problem apart from the occasional kid who just was too busy scrolling in class cos many people would just use their phones at recess and lunch

I feel it's only become a very urgent problem recently since the chronically online and addicted to their phone generation are now high school age (+ the rise of short form content) and it's having really bad and noticeable impacts in class. The pandemic was a factor behind it too cos people were just using their devices all day

souli

HSC
i dont think the phone ban is going to do anything but impinge on people who actually positively use it. bc people who get distracted by it will still prolly use it anyways. my schools had a phone ban but majority of people just put their phone in their bag in breaks and scroll with their zipper unlocked so teachers cant see or leave their phone in their pencilcase
That's honestly what happened with our school, initially they were super strict but now quite a few teachers don't rlly care about the phone ban especially for the senior years.. they don't mind if you take your phone out to take a photo of the board etc..

And the people who do get distracted from their phones just use stuff like snapchat web, imessage, whatsapp online, instagram website so it's literally going to make no difference lol.. and ofc people just use their phones in their pencil case too or under the table etc, ppl will always find a way to use it if they rlly want to

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
I might have some 'class of 2024 bias', but I think we'll actually be the last ones.. the year group below is definitely more glued to the internet than us lol
yeh i think we all have a bias. its honeslty probs just a linear trend or soemthing, like it doesnt just start or end in one year, its gradual

TankKuno

HSC
at my school the teachers have straight up told us that they think our year group will be the last good one for many years idk about everywhere else
same for my school, they have close to zero hope for the yr 11's apparently. a lot of kids vaping in class as well

lolcti

HSC
N/A
idk but ppl in my grade are smart, but I think the year above us is smarter. Like so many people in English adv, bio, ipt, and chem accelerated and a few more accelerated classes have raw average above 90, almost all of them and we're constantly downgraded 😍

year10studentpreparin

HSC
I might have some 'class of 2024 bias', but I think we'll actually be the last ones.. the year group below is definitely more glued to the internet than us lol
nah I agree the year 11s definitely arent glued to their phones as much as the year 10s and below lmao

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
i reckon it all comes down to the school and the kind of people in it; as a 2024'er, i actually think that the class of 2023 will be the peak class

when i compare the past prelim papers that my school has had to the one my grade had this year, the difficulty skyrocketed dramatically, and it seems like papers just get worse and worse. although, the teachers at my school basically don't teach lol

at my school, the upcoming grades are getting crazier by the second and the new year 7s get worse every year 💀

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)