Anyone finding this less stressful than expected? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I was so nervous for the first english paper and it effected me badly, but after that I got used to it and I really don't feel exam pressure as much.

I actually feel less stressed than when at school, I think its because I don't constantly have teachers on my back.

How about you guys?

jennieTalia

HSC
Kidding me?

Actually... I always sort of cruise.
It's the after effect of exams I dislike...
Right now... only on 3/7, with 3 left to go THIS WEEK and I'm more worried about how I went with them than how I am going to go. Miserable over modern history (does that sound like a tagline or what :p)

Can't wait for it to be over!

HSC
i'm not stressed during the exams
but i get stressed when i look at the past exam questions and think that i wouldn't have been able to do answer if it came up in the hsc
but then once i get into an exam all sorts of info start falling out onto the page

bendha

HSC
lost focus before trials. Have been cruising since then and just really want the hsc over - lack of motviation, boredom. but still got 3 more.

sigh must move on

Mond

HSC
Yes. I always imagined when I was younger that I would study a lot for the HSC and be stressed out, but these exams feel like any other everyday obstacle. I wouldn't call myself apathetic, I do care, but it seems so trivial in the scheme of things. All I want is to get into my course.

sonnysburning

HSC
it's like it's not even happening.. everyone else makes such a big deal of it and are all like 'don't stress'.. i think it's the amount of stress that other people seem to have for you that makes you nervous.. that doesn't make sense.. but i agree, it's easy. :D

brad616

HSC
cannibal.horse said:
I was so nervous for the first english paper and it effected me badly, but after that I got used to it and I really don't feel exam pressure as much.

I actually feel less stressed than when at school, I think its because I don't constantly have teachers on my back.

How about you guys?
YES DEFINATELY!!!! I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!! I actually think the teachers make students more stressed than we make ourselves. (If that makes any sense)

stillwaters

HSC
nirvanafreak02 said:
i'm not stressed during the exams
but i get stressed when i look at the past exam questions and think that i wouldn't have been able to do answer if it came up in the hsc
but then once i get into an exam all sorts of info start falling out onto the page
yea i get that too :p i was looking at past hsc quesitions for germany and cold war and cowering but it went alright in exams...
i get freaked out the day before with cramming but the actual exam itself is ok... and the day after it's a bit anticlimactic cos it's like... oh... i dont have to do that subject anymore.
butmm not as stressful as .. i thought trials was more scary...

HSC
i was stressed about english, and a little bit now because my last exam is a bitch, but overall not as bad as i thought it would be. but that's probably because i'm not taking it seriously enough.

HSC
stillwaters said:
yea i get that too :p i was looking at past hsc quesitions for germany and cold war and cowering but it went alright in exams...
i get freaked out the day before with cramming but the actual exam itself is ok... and the day after it's a bit anticlimactic cos it's like... oh... i dont have to do that subject anymore.
butmm not as stressful as .. i thought trials was more scary...
haha yeah me too.. probably because everything in trials was so compacted... all the stress just cummulated

Just.waiting

HSC
Definately heaps less stressful.

That being said, I kind of wish I was stressed. It helps me keep focus and work better. I just don't feel like studying anymore. And this exam period is so freaking long. I love learning (yes - massive nerd I know) but revision is just dull.

danniface.

HSC
Ever since school finished I lost most motivation and it just feels like I'm not doing it.

I remember thinking to myself all year "When the HSC comes I'm going to STUDY STUDY STUDY LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW!!", and has that happened? Nope.

I just wish it'd hurry the fuck up and be over already.

imqt

Premium Member
HSC
I THINK people havent been that stresses because the hsc drags for so long...for example for me i have had only like 2 exams per week, with one next week on Friday...i find myself that i can't wait to get them done! BTW so far ive loved the 2008 hsc

SH33P

k lol...
HSC
HSC 4 me was completely different to what i expected... everyone gets the idea that u have to study non-stop for 3 months then do the exam and kill ur self if u lose one mark...

HSC has being a cruise so far... i got ext 1 maths tomorrow and im yet to start studying (its not counting though)... im not worried... well not yet

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
I was stressing before English Paper 1... then I got out and i was like... oh...

it's not that bad... lol

Leo 100

HSC
N/A
SH33P said:
HSC 4 me was completely different to what i expected... everyone gets the idea that u have to study non-stop for 3 months then do the exam and kill ur self if u lose one mark...

HSC has being a cruise so far... i got ext 1 maths tomorrow and im yet to start studying (its not counting though)... im not worried... well not yet
yeah i havent studied yet

the HSC has been an anti climax
i am like oh is that all

the exam ladies said this is the less stress she has seen our school
and that we are heaps relaxed

i dont know if thats good or bad

Katieeee

HSC
I agree - so far the HSC has been one big anti-climax. I think it's because all of Year 11 and 12 your teachers are all "HSC this, HSC that" and by now everyone is just over it and wants to get it all over and done with. I haven't been stressed at all yet, surprisingly. I think everyone makes it out to be much worse and scarier than it is, and now we're here it's not actually that bad.

bendha

HSC
wouldn't call it an anticlimax

i'd call it we're fucking tired, and not stressed, but exhausted. even if we fucking complexcarbo load we'd still be lazy sods.

we'd prolly be most stressed at first assessments - but after that - it's been chilling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)