• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

anyone have ideas for Creative Narrative and Reflection? (1 Viewer)

happyhalloween

HSC
"You are to compose a 1000-1200 word narrative that insightfully reimagines the specific concept/issue discussed in your mentor text and manifestation text."

Does anyone know any good texts that I could use for my IRP? I was thinking about 1984 and Dave Eggers’ “The Circle” but I don't know how to contemporise it to today's context :(.

The plot I've come up with so far is about a person whose sense of reality and framing of truth is completely warped by surveillance. To be written in 3rd person and concentrating solely on the protagonist and his actions. Some of the actions below:

"He goes to work willingly, knowing that he is helping Big Brother. He puts on the radio, which babbles propaganda.

He sees a normal person doing something that would otherwise be normal, but he immediately reports his behavior to the authorities. “He opens his phone and taps on the wide red button. He moves on”

His phone gives him the latest articles, which he reads with passion. There are contradictory ideas in the articles, and he accepts both as true. He can’t think critically and logically.

He goes to the bathroom and there is a camera. He waves at it."

I don't think this is original enough and doesn't reshape/reimagine the issue. If anybody has any ideas plz help

MoeyNeeds90+

HSC
"You are to compose a 1000-1200 word narrative that insightfully reimagines the specific concept/issue discussed in your mentor text and manifestation text."

Does anyone know any good texts that I could use for my IRP? I was thinking about 1984 and Dave Eggers’ “The Circle” but I don't know how to contemporise it to today's context :(.

The plot I've come up with so far is about a person whose sense of reality and framing of truth is completely warped by surveillance. To be written in 3rd person and concentrating solely on the protagonist and his actions. Some of the actions below:

"He goes to work willingly, knowing that he is helping Big Brother. He puts on the radio, which babbles propaganda.

He sees a normal person doing something that would otherwise be normal, but he immediately reports his behavior to the authorities. “He opens his phone and taps on the wide red button. He moves on”

His phone gives him the latest articles, which he reads with passion. There are contradictory ideas in the articles, and he accepts both as true. He can’t think critically and logically.

He goes to the bathroom and there is a camera. He waves at it."

I don't think this is original enough and doesn't reshape/reimagine the issue. If anybody has any ideas plz help
1984 is the best book ever. However what I see is that u need to let ur marker decipher what ur saying. SHOW NOT TELL!! Inner physiological exploration that reflects a mind constrained, and evidently really childish and like socially and mentally limited will reflect this perfectly especially in any actions he shows. Rn ur just telling us all this. :) Remeber show not tell. You have1200 words. Start off into a setting evidently dystopian describe in 200 words, then the interactions of this persona inside that reflects the toil it has on his mental capacity and actions :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)