Anyone here wanting to do a bachelor of science/bachelor of arts at USYD? (1 Viewer)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
also pretty sure unsw give bonus points

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
Both universities offer bonus points and have a 4-year duration. There's that information out of the way, if you want to know whether to go Sydney or UNSW then look at what each university has to offer for each of their science and arts courses, units of study, recommendations from current students and anything else about the courses that are relevant to you, as well as considering the universities for their campus, student life, discrimination based on geographical residence, etc.

erob

HSC
Uni Grad
Just got into combined science/arts. Very pleased.

Franky101

HSC
I missed the cut off for Science/Arts by 0.5 at UNSW, the cut off is 82 this year and my ATAR plus bonus points equals 81.5. What are the chances Ill get accepted next round considering the degree had a V (vacancies) symbol next to it, can anybody elaborate on this please?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Depends. If it's a high demand course, the cut-off will rise because lots of people want to take the remaining spots. If it's low demand, it may go down because it's harder to fill places.

skim993

HSC
Hey, I'm thinking of transferring into arts/science but I'm really worried about job prospects... any advice?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
False.

Depends on what majors you do.
I agree.

If you did a major in maths... for example, in your BSc - you can be a maths teacher! Basic example, but still.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
False.

Depends on what majors you do.
What can I do with English, History and Philosophy of Science and Psych considering I don't want to be a school teacher, go into clinical psych, or do HR stuff? Really, I'd love to know

shakky

HSC
Would I get a job in a business related field if I majored in Economics (Arts), and a minor in statistics for science? I'm doing BSc/BA.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Would I get a job in a business related field if I majored in Economics (Arts), and a minor in statistics for science? I'm doing BSc/BA.
Yes, it is possible.

HSC
I'm going to be doing (hopefully) B Sc (Adv Math) / B A (Asian studies)...

Just doing the arts degree for interest/language. Job => maths related.

HSC
Uni Grad
Would have done B Science/B Arts at UNSW (if I completely flunked and got an even worse ATAR) though, but it seems like a really interesting degree.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm going to be doing (hopefully) B Sc (Adv Math) / B A (Asian studies)...

Just doing the arts degree for interest/language. Job => maths related.
More like B Sc (Asian Studies) / BA (Asian Studies)

Amirite?

pixelzz

HSC
Just do bach liberal arts and science. 70 atar last year and you do almost the same courses.

shakky

HSC
Just do bach liberal arts and science. 70 atar last year and you do almost the same courses.
Yeah but its a 3 year course with only one major from either science or arts not both. And you have to do some compulsory liberal studies units (somethings like analytical thinking, critical thinking, and more). The upside is that you don't have to complete maths to graduate... if maths is not your strong suite. I would definitely suggest doing B Science/ B Arts, you get 2 degrees, can do up to 3 or 4 majors and more room for interesting electives. And you can structure it however you want. I love that freedom (however some don't... it totally depends on the person).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)