Anyone in year 11 from a normal public school.. lol (1 Viewer)

grace_26

HSC
I go to a catholic school and it's not selective.

I don't think what school you attend makes you any smarter or dumber, It is the individual person who determines their grade, ATAR and their amount of effort they put in to their school work. One of my good friends just graduated from a public school and she got an amazing ATAR because she worked hard. In selective schools most students are generally super focussed on their studies and they work hard too so they get good grades so the school seems better but it's not the school it's the students.

I think that anyone from any school can get great ATARs because it depends on the individual not the school.

Rainbowlollipop

HSC
N/A
I used to go to a public non selective school (ranked around 60s-70s) it was pretty good. I was definitely not the top one there. People were pretty smart but there were various groups of people who didn't try. Then I moved to a fully selective school this year (ranked top 10) and the teachers there were heaps better people tend to be more motivated and the environment is more competitive. For example 90% for a test would be average. I am thankful of the non selective school that I've been to, as I found that I caught up faster than other new students.

liamlolz

HSC
I also go to a normal, non-selective, public school here in SA. While I do not think schools here receive a rank, if we were it would not be good. My school is also dead broke at the moment as well, with a huge decrease in enrollments. But, as I tell myself, if you are smart enough you can learn and achieve anywhere.

jack2230

HSC
Love the sarcasm, it's not great to be honest but I understand it could be a lot worse. I just have to work even harder and hope I can get into Med, whether it's Undergraduate, Non-Standard or Postgraduate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)