anyone in yr 11/12 or has completed HSC (1 Viewer)

Munti

92.25 ATAR! hmu for tutoring :) im cheap
HSC
what's the best piece of advice you could offer for:

- English Advanced
- Legal Studies
- Economics
- Biology
- Modern History
- Advanced Math

Thankyou so much in advance!;)

Frostguard

HSC
Hey you have almost the exact same subjects as me except I suck at maths. From your subjects, I assume you are a Humanities person and like English and content-based subjects. Like me, i don't really focus on one area and instead spread myself across different faculties and subjects. The good thing is that you have subject diversity but the negative thing as I am experiencing now is that you have assessments or tests every single week (legit this term weeks 1,2,3,4,7,8,9,10 are all occupied except weeks 5 and 6) but yeah I'm just warning you now that you may have a busy workload.

As for your subjects, because it is mostly all content-based you will want to improve and do well on essay writing skills, adv English, modern, legal and Eco will mostly consist of multiple choice, short answer and extended responses so it's recommended to study the concepts well. I also write my notes every week, but it's up to if you want to type it out or use your friend's notes, whatever just have something to stay knowledgable about your subjects because you're not going to remember every single detail from like 4 different subjects and faculties.

Try to stay organised with homework, the usual and before exams and whatnot, try answer past papers which I'm sure you can find online somewhere to solidify your understanding. I like to say to my friends there's no point in remembering the content if you cannot apply it, so use practice questions to fully understand how to answer things so you won't go into the test and go ???

In my opinion the subjects that require most homework and note taking are Economics>Legal Studies>Modern History>Biology>English and Maths. But basically prepare to be bombarded with weekly assessments and exams, stay organised, try your best and good luck!!! :)

Munti

92.25 ATAR! hmu for tutoring :) im cheap
HSC
Thankyou so much! Because my subjects are so content-based, what's the best way to remember and memorise everything from every subject?

Frostguard

HSC
Thankyou so much! Because my subjects are so content-based, what's the best way to remember and memorise everything from every subject?
In order for me to keep up with all my subjects, I write my notes every weekend on what I've learnt that week so when comes exam season, I'm not cramming in pages and pages of notes and will basically just spend my free time reading and practising/applying the content and stuff. You can use palm cards but I just use normal a4 pages but honestly I really should've used those flash cards, incorporating colour so it doesn't look heavy and difficult to understand, I recommend you have some form of note taking to keep up with your content-based subjects. Then when your exam comes, get someone to test you or a form of other way to test yourself such as past papers :D

andrew12678

HSC
Lots and lots of memorization ahead mate, try your best to get plenty of practice questions in and be prepared earlier than the deadline-cramming may be a big issue.

bujolover

HSC

- English Advanced
Write at least one practice essay and submit it to your teacher/tutor/parent before an assessment. Basically know the important stuff from it, and spit it out in the exam. Practise moulding your essay to different types of questions you could get.

- Advanced Math
Past papers are your best friend. :) Also, keep a book where you can record difficult questions you find, as well as the solutions to them. Look at these a day or two before an exam, and try and recall how to do them. If you don't remember, check the solution and redo the question immediately afterwards, and again at a later date. This allows you to gain practice at doing a variety of hard questions correctly. (I got this advice from a state ranker in Advanced Maths.)

Cherrybomb56

HSC

- English Advanced
- Legal Studies
- Economics
- Biology
- Modern History
- Advanced Math

Thankyou so much in advance!;)
does economics contain a lot of math questions?

jimmy.chu232

HSC
Module 3 and Module 4: Biological Diversity

Its a new syllabus....the teachers at my school experimented with the assessment and my cohort average was like 10/30

Cherrybomb56

HSC
Module 3 and Module 4: Biological Diversity

Its a new syllabus....the teachers at my school experimented with the assessment and my cohort average was like 10/30
wow was it really difficult? What came in it?

jimmy.chu232

HSC
You only are given 5-6 mins to present and you have to cover a long inquiry questions.

So choose your words carefully.

Make sure you don't neglect your primary data....even if its not relevant to your chosen inquiry questions.....draw links

DO NOT RUSH YOUR CONCLUSION....MAKE SURE IT Links to your hypothesis and aim

DO NOT underestimate how little you have to put in

PACK YOUR EVIDENCE but remember you don't have alot of time

jimmy.chu232

HSC
The teachers at my school were mean markers....they slashed marks if you ignore what I said above

Cherrybomb56

HSC
wow thats sounds very harsh. How many weeks were you given to do it?

jimmy.chu232

HSC
2 weeks....very strict time limit. Utilize your teachers. If they give you a false sense of security which they did in my school, trust your instincts and follow my tips.

Use the primary data you have collected. Draw links between them and your hypothesis
Make sure the presentation is not rushed...

Make sure you assess the validity and accuracy and reliability of your data.
Make sure you introduce new secondary data and draw links with your primary data

jimmy.chu232

HSC
Also here are the questions from my school....

How has human activity impacted the Sugarloaf point ecosystems?

Why do some populations of native animal species thrive while other species' populations
decline?

How should the ecosystems at the Sugarloaf study sites be managed for maximum
biodiversity?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)