• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Anyone just given up on Ancient? (1 Viewer)

J

jhakka

I have. I hate it. It's not going to my UAI.

That's all.

Anyone else?

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Even if i do hate it, it counting for my UAI. Stupidly i dropped 4 units so now i'm down to 10. Still you should try somewhat, you just never know.

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
ah, i better put my hand up then...
jesus, these topics are JUST TOO BIG

Fido

*So* agreed on the topics being too big. whatever happened to nice, easy, year 11 ancient?! the bastards tricked us! *shakes fist*

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
ancient is cool! sure i am only in year 11, but it is like practically my fave sub! its just really interesting and the class is casual ( its notlike running around doing a chem prac or stressing over an ext maths question)

go ancient!

nah seriously just sticki with it, it may actually count, so still put in some effort.

leginag

Sydney, NSW, Australia, Southern Hemisphere
lol yes...yr 11 history is beautiful
but the hsc course is trying to cram too much into too little time
we've been jumping from rome..which is nice..to greece..which is confusing as hell.. we then have been jumping between the topics... so i'm now completely lost...and have no idea where we're going or where we've been...
unfortunately...i think the whole hsc course is kinda screwed for a lot of subjects

_______
wolf^^

charmed_cuties

Bubblegum girl
HSC
well i reckon ancient history is an interesting subject, but it requires so much knowledge wen sitting an exam! i do better in just handed out assessments! Sitting in the exams full on writing 4 3 hrs is really realy hectic

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
Okay, well im the odd one out, im in yr 12 ancient, love it, and i dont think we do enough! I think the topic areas are a little bit to focused, if anything, and the knowlege i gain isnt enough! I think i could do another whole topic before the HSC exams!! (making it 5) Then again, i do do alot of work at home....

persephone

HSC
i love ancient but there's so much content and so much you need to know and remember like historians and sources. I have my trials in 2 weeks and my ancient study notes are non existent!

year 11 was way, way easier....so easy to actually pass....it's downhill from there....

astro

HSC
so far year 11 ancient history, in my opinion, is so boring...sometimes i just want to throw a book at my monotonous teacher, the topics we're covering are equally as boring...if we had a better teacher i may have liked it....even though i fluked my exams and ranks....therefore i'm determined to drop the subject and hopefully take up ext hist to keep my 12 units...modern history is so much better besides emmline pankhurst and the suffragette movement - don't get me wrong, i'm happy we get to vote....
I like pericles though

Last edited:

Demandred

HSC
Wow, our class is way ahead, we might be finishing the whole unit during the first few weeks of term 3 (...and we're not a selective). This subject would probably be the one I can score the highest in :).

Well I guess we have a great teacher and our topics are pretty short (<Thut 4 NK Egypt, Assyrian society, Hatshepsut & MK Egypt)

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Demandred said:
Wow, our class is way ahead, we might be finishing the whole unit during the first few weeks of term 3 (...and we're not a selective). This subject would probably be the one I can score the highest in
Grrr..... *envy*

Well we jumped from Minoans (which were so nice i'm about to cry!), then to Rome (which sucked like hell, i'm about to cry!), then to Egypt (where the hell am i going carmen sandiego??? This is so confusing i'm about to cry!)

It was that choice, or doing minoans and then 3 topics on Egypt. The people who have now dropped the class were the ones that made us do Rome...

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Fido said:
girl04, how are you in year 11, and yet have 1 454 posts??

i *used* to be addicted to bos. i am getting over i though. by the time i am in year 12 i hope to only come here a couple of times a week!

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
astro said:
so far year 11 ancient history, in my opinion, is so boring...sometimes i just want to throw a book at my monotonous teacher, the topics we're covering are equally as boring...if we had a better teacher i may have liked it....even though i fluked my exams and ranks....therefore i'm determined to drop the subject and hopefully take up ext hist to keep my 12 units...modern history is so much better besides emmline pankhurst and the suffragette movement - don't get me wrong, i'm happy we get to vote....
I like pericles though

what topics are u doing? ( sorry 2 go off topic, but i am just interested in seeing what someone else in year 11 is doing :) )

J

jhakka

OK, here's how my Ancient classes usually go before exams.

Teacher walks in.

Teacher: Hi guys. You're all going to fail.... unless you go to Maquarie Uni for 12 hours a day every weekend and study all afternoon every school day. I'm not giving you any information because we're supposed to be encouraging independant research. I purposely haven't taught you what you need for the exam so you go and find it yourself.

(TRANSLATION: I don't know what I'm talking about, so I'm not even going to bother teaching you. Instead I'll lecture you about why you're going to fail.)

Class has given up on Anicent a long time ago and doesn't care. Talking amongst ourselves.

Bell rings. Go to lunch. Etc, etc, etc.

J

jhakka

I am not wasting my life on a course I find mundane at best. I'll work hard in courses I'm good at and actually enjoy. Like my other 10 units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)