• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anyone Politically Involved (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
nwatts said:
erawamai said his liberal views don't sit well with the left. grab a dictionary - it makes no sense.
Economically liberal.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
nwatts said:
erawamai said his liberal views don't sit well with the left. grab a dictionary - it makes no sense.
ECONOMIC LIBERAL views would not sit well with the LEFT FACTION OF THE ALP.

I'll give nwatts the benefit of the doubt and suggest he didnt read the post well. Newbie mistake ;)

Kafka

HSC
N/A
Hmmmm, all the young libs, You wets or uglies? Any of you staffers or anything for any MPs? Same with young labor.

As for IR and Unions - Alex Hawke doesn't like unions, but that doesn't mean he wasn't ready to accept the 4% pay hike which the union fought for.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
If I had to place myself in the party I'd say I side with the dries, but only just. And no I'm not a staffer.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Kafka said:
Hmmmm, all the young libs, You wets or uglies? Any of you staffers or anything for any MPs? Same with young labor.
It never used to be like this. the balance has shifted to the right in these forums.

As for IR and Unions - Alex Hawke doesn't like unions, but that doesn't mean he wasn't ready to accept the 4% pay hike which the union fought for.
no one ever rejects a pay hike ;)

Generator

HSC
N/A
Back for a moment.

No matter what the party's future may hold, I will be joining the Australian Democrats later this year. Even though in some instances my economic stance is more likely to fight right in with the ALP's left than with the Dems, I'd much rather help keep the bastards honest than join a party controlled by factional hacks and 'led' by a federal leader who is nothing more than a conservative minister in disguise.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
wikiwiki said:
No

That is the worst possible thing: you end up with wankers who have only experienced "public service' and know nothing about the real world when they do make the step up to actually becoming a politician.

Leave that rubbish to the ALP.
You trying to tell me that that only applies to the ALP and not the Liberal party. You must be joking or at least have your political blinkers on.

As for 'wankers' who work in the public service. I don't think anyone who has worked in the Department of Foreign Affairs would consider themselves wankers. Certainly our highest public servant, Mr John Howard, who is a career public servant and politician would disagree with your assessment.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Economic Left/Right: 9.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.59

= Libertarian nutcase.

I must read up on this Milton Friedman fellow.

Last edited:

Kafka

HSC
N/A
I'm centre. I agree with Labor on some policies. I agree with Liberals on some policies. I agree with Independents (shoutout to Andren) on some policies. I very rarely agree with either One Nation or the Greens.

And I will never join a political party. I have far to much integrity for that.

Z_Nizzle

HSC
leetom said:
I havn't joined Young Labor, but I think I will to root out the bizarre sorts we seem to attract, such as Z Nizzle.
I will work my way through the ranks faster than you can say "NUNU"

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Z_Nizzle said:
I will work my way through the ranks faster than you can say "NUNU"
Yes thats right. I'm sure you would get elected by the Australian parliament when you support resistance which involves shooting and attempting to kill Australian soldiers. That would go down a treat with the Australian electorate.

Z_Nizzle

HSC
erawamai said:
Yes thats right. I'm sure you would get elected by the Australian parliament when you support resistance which involves shooting and attempting to kill Australian soldiers. That would go down a treat with the Australian electorate.
Now, now erawamai don't me silly. I consider myself a ruthless Machiavel. So i will say what you want me to say...untill i have absolute power.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Z_Nizzle said:
Now, now erawamai don't me silly. I consider myself a ruthless Machiavel. So i will say what you want me to say...untill i have absolute power.
You would never get it. The fact that you think you would get it kind of indicates that you have no idea.

Z_Nizzle

HSC
erawamai said:
You would never get it. The fact that you think you would get it kind of indicates that you have no idea.
the fact that you think i am serious when i say that "i want absolute power" kind of reflects your one deminsional view of the world.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Z_Nizzle said:
the fact that you think i am serious when i say that "i want absolute power" kind of reflects your one deminsional view of the world.
How so...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)