Anyone regret their subject selections at the moment? (1 Viewer)

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
As the title says, I do at the moment.

I do:
English Advanced
Mathematics
Biology
Ancient History
Geography
Economics

I regret choosing mathematics, i'd rather be doing general any day. Even if I am capable of doing alright in the 2 unit course, I find it so boring, especially the bloody graphs we have to draw at the moment.

And also with biology, even though the course gets way better in year 12 so I can't really complain. Ancient history kinda sucks at the moment but that 's because its about digging for whatever instead of um, ancient history.

But I love geo, economics and english at the moment :)

Anyone else?

xtcy

HSC
hate maths but i'd never drop down to general ew

so i guess i'm sticking with maths

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
I am absolutely loving my subjects, wouldn't have it any other way. English Ext and Adv, although challenging and hard and at some times, frustrating, are rewarding in a really weird kinda way... Maths 3U is way too easy at the moment, can't wait until I become a student of Extension II. I am acing Physics and chemistry, although Biology seems to be a bit of a challenge, its getting interesting, and I need to work on it =)

tehrobzorz

HSC
I guess it sort of depends on your teachers? I pretty much dread going to my economics class these days since my teacher is so intimidating. Sometimes, when hes in a good mood, if you muck up a question he will either say something like " did you mean to say law of demand? , YES YOU DID! =D " literally. IF not, then youre going to get -100 points of self confidence. But whatever haha..

Yeah Eco is an interesting subject, especially duing these times
Physics + Maths = <3.
everything else is .....whatev

speedofsound

HSC
not really. i thought very thoroughly about selections last year, picked what i enjoyed and what i knew i'd be able to excel in. ancient history was a last minute decision, i didn't really have a choice in the matter. i agree that the current topic is ridiculously mundane. it's just dragging oon and oooooon and it's not even history. but i'm still doing well anyway.

so i guess i'm sticking with maths
good, hopefully soon you'll realise you don't graduate in 2011 [/ocd]

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I like my subjects :D (in signature).

I have issues with each one at a particular time, but I get over it and like each better and better.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Well I'm doing pretty well in all my subjects so far, I find chemistry a little dull though. I dont know if I would change to anything else though, I might as well stick with it because I hear its the most important for uni science..
My favourite subjects atm are Bio, english and philosophy. Art is good but such a lot of work ;-;
So yeah basically happy :music:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing well in my subjects although Business Studies is boring... very boring.. and I dont really like english that much but i'm starting to like it a bit more then last year :)

shazAmM_x3

HSC
I HATE BIOLOGY !
Its the only subject i regret choosing. I dnt care if the yr12 syllabus is beta den da prelim 1. I cant wait to drop it. !
dnt care if my UAI goes down eitha. im already gna get ranked down coza my school !

HSC 2010
StandardEnglishGeneralMathAncientHistoryLegalStudiesBiologyPhotography

UAI aim ; 80+
not aiming high.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
^^^

As stated before by other Posters, School rank has nothing to do with the UAI a person can get.

Anywho, good luck

studentcheese

HSC
Maths is alright. It's quite interesting actually. I hate English Extension.

HSC
I HATE BIOLOGY !
Its the only subject i regret choosing. I dnt care if the yr12 syllabus is beta den da prelim 1. I cant wait to drop it. !
dnt care if my UAI goes down eitha. im already gna get ranked down coza my school !

HSC 2010

UAI aim ; 80+
not aiming high.
yeah biology gets ALOT better. prelim bio is sooooooooooo boring!!!
HSC bio is actually good :)

speedofsound

HSC
I HATE BIOLOGY !

HSC 2010

UAI aim ; 80+
not aiming high.
i fink ur gna get ranked down coza ur speelin

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing well in my subjects although Business Studies is boring... very boring.. and I dont really like english that much but i'm starting to like it a bit more then last year :)
haha, i did business studies for like a week and i dropped because it was extremely boring. i don't regret dropping it one single bit though.

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
I guess it sort of depends on your teachers? I pretty much dread going to my economics class these days since my teacher is so intimidating. Sometimes, when hes in a good mood, if you muck up a question he will either say something like " did you mean to say law of demand? , YES YOU DID! =D " literally. IF not, then youre going to get -100 points of self confidence. But whatever haha..

Yeah Eco is an interesting subject, especially duing these times
Physics + Maths = <3.
everything else is .....whatev
i do have to agree with you there, like in year 9 i loathed australian geography because of my teacher because she was just a piece of crap and yeah..i gave her some attitude and i think i almost made her cry once. but then in year 10, geography was absolutely awesome and i love it now.
and same goes with my PASS (physical activity and sports studies) teacher, i swear i just wanted to push him off a cliff or something. he had his favourites, and i was not one of them which was..not so good. he was the reason why i didn't continue with PDHPE this year even though it could have been an interesting subject to do.

HSC
regret? ahahhhzzz... i think i chose my subject wisely although i'm not really enjoying SOR1 & English Advanced. But they were compulsory subjects anyways so yea...

But i kinda wish i did standard english. I think it would be way easier but people are telling me to stay in English advanced and to not drop it.

xtcy

HSC
not really. i thought very thoroughly about selections last year, picked what i enjoyed and what i knew i'd be able to excel in. ancient history was a last minute decision, i didn't really have a choice in the matter. i agree that the current topic is ridiculously mundane. it's just dragging oon and oooooon and it's not even history. but i'm still doing well anyway.

good, hopefully soon you'll realise you don't graduate in 2011 [/ocd]
what :confused:

ya i do

tommy-heaver

HSC
I'm pretty much happy with my choices except Advanced English...
At the start I was going fine, but after a bit i realised I wasn't really doing all that well, I tried to drop down to General, (i know that sounds pretty bad) but the general classes are all full, absolute chockersno chance of anyone wanting to drop down, to actually do it.
But other then that im completely happy :)

HSC
i regret ever choosing extension maths!
but ive dropped it now so yeah!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)