Anyone regret their subject selections at the moment? (1 Viewer)

nerd_2b

HSC
yea but if you are capable of doing 2u maths, then do it....
because you can really do wonders to your scores if you try hard...

well I do:

Maths Ext 1
Advanced English
Business Studies
Economics
Chemistry
Biology

I do ext maths, and I hate graphs totally, however I will continue, because 2u is too easy for me, and as you said, I can do it any day, but I want to ace 3u maths.........

They go into graphs, yes, but not that intense.....But yea there's functions which I hate....totally...

See how you go this year....

happycupcake

HSC
Nah
I was really stressing about my subject choices last year but since my school doesn't exactly offer a wide selection of subjects it was quite easy to figure out which subjects were completely out of the ballpark for me, and which were not.
I was set to do General Mathematics but when the school year started I immediately backed out of it and did SOR II instead. No regrets, maths always stressed me out anyway.

PS: I've heard that SOR is good scaling because not many students do it - is this true? It's compulsory at my school.

zaa

HSC
I really don't like Biology right now, mainly because of my teacher. She's loading so much work onto us and the more work I get, the more I'm not motivated to do it lol. I feel like I've learnt nothing as well =.=

I'm not interested in Ancient right now because my absolutely AWESOME teacher has gone on holiday, and we're stuck with a sub. 4 days left with the sub, thank goodness.

red-butterfly

HSC
I regret choosing business over physics... and i regret choosing Japanese over chem...

If only i could rechoose all my subs all over again then maybe then my study load wouldnt be so messed up

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
PS: I've heard that SOR is good scaling because not many students do it - is this true? It's compulsory at my school.
Did a hobo tell you that? Do you know how many catholic schools make SOR compulsory and how many student do SOR (for the extra "back up" unit even when it isn't compulsory?

I regret doing biology... even though it only lasted a week XD

Swapped for chemistry and i'm loving my subjects at the moment. No compulsory English would've been nice though :p

HSC
YES! I absolutely hate Physics - well only at school. My teacher always comes to class late between 5-30 mins late EVERY lesson. The earliest she's ever been is 3 minutes after the whole class was waiting there (not straight after the bell rung). She talks about random things in class either not related to physics, about her life story or not on the syllabus. Some of the things not on the syllabus are okay though.

She has no excuse because she was horrible last year as well (I had her for yr 10) - she made me hate chemistry! If I say more it would probably identify my school lol. but anyways.

I do NOT like having to do studies of religion 1 unit, it's compulsory at my school and we learn like nothing. It's so confusing - even though I used to always do well in religion in junior years. It sucksss (hopefully it's not counted).

I also struggle in Ext Maths in areas of trig and stuff. Some areas I'm fine with, but some I'm not. I don't understand simple concepts like indices and trig relations or even remember my exact values due to me hardly ever doing homework.

:(:(:(

Not happy about Physics, dropping it is not really an option as I have 12 units and have been doing tutoring for it anddd I can't believe I didn't choose Chemistry even though in junior years I was quite good at it. The Physics teacher I have now made me hate it and that's why I didn't even consider doing it in yr 11 + 12. Which was a stupid choice as she doesn't even teach Chem...yet she's the only teacher for Physics.

Don't get me wrong though I love Physics - it's quite easy and INTERESTING. But even if I study from textbooks, workbooks do exercises etc. to catch up it takes time away from other subjects and I get in trouble for it - or I fail..like I did in English a few days ago.

Ahhhhhhh. Is anyone else dealing with really bad teachers and your school won't do anything about it even if you tried to complain? The difference with this teacher and other bad teachers, is, she isn't teaching us badly...she's not teaching us at all! Or worse, she teaches us the wrong thing for a whole lesson then comes back and corrects it the next.

She's nice though.

HSC
Everything is good but Legal Studies. I am up there ranks wise, but my class is really stupid and the teacher has no control. Mock trial and the fact that there is nothing else on that line is keeping me in there at the moment. Crime may be interesting, but not when you have a dumb teacher with an even worse class. Bring on English Extension 2 next year!

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
ugh, I'm reeeeally hating biology at the moment. My teacher hates my guts (she even outright said that I should be doing senior science at parent/teacher night last week)..it's hard getting used to science in Years 11 &12 as the pace and workload are very different to the junior years. The only option I have for dropping bio is to do Studies of Religion I (prelim and HSC course) next year, because its the only option that my school offers for anyone who wishes to drop any 2 unit subject.

I'd rather do SOR than bio anyday, can't wait till the end of term 3!

HSC
from experience for all you yr'11ers:

BIOLOGY & LEGAL STUDIES GET BETTER IN THE HSC COURSE!!

seriously, ALOT better!!!

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
creamnchocolat

Maybe yr teacher cannot handle the subject. Perhap the rich private schools have poached most of the better teachers. Just curious & not meant to be offensive. Have never been in a local school.

Last edited:
HSC
haha , not really
yeah really. alot of people drop prelim legal cos it doesnt have any of the crime stuff they thought it would. they dont realise that its in yr 12, that they actually do that stuff.

HSC
yeah really. alot of people drop prelim legal cos it doesnt have any of the crime stuff they thought it would. they dont realise that its in yr 12, that they actually do that stuff.
No, i chose legal studies because the other stuff, not necessarily crime, which is interesting. At the moment i'm missing out on a ton of class because of it and my teacher is ridiculously incompetent. Next year may be different content-wise, but my class won't change because they can't and neither will my teacher.

HSC
No, i chose legal studies because the other stuff, not necessarily crime, which is interesting. At the moment i'm missing out on a ton of class because of it and my teacher is ridiculously incompetent. Next year may be different content-wise, but my class won't change because they can't and neither will my teacher.
well thats what my teacher told me.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
I agree bio gets more interesting in year 12. I don't do legal so i wouldn't know about that. Would drop maths if i knew what i wanted to do before my subject selections. :)

HSC
I agree bio gets more interesting in year 12. I don't do legal so i wouldn't know about that. Would drop maths if i knew what i wanted to do before my subject selections. :)
ooh what would you like to do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)