anyone studying in QLD?? (1 Viewer)

jabbott

HSC
Hey just wondering if any of you guys decided to do uni in QLD? I would be interested to find out what uni/ what courses people are doing?

Cab31

HSC
Hey Jabbott
I just read your post - i am at QUT also.. who knows may see you around!

Hurri

HSC
Campus is way better than that of UNSW, Adelaide, Newcastle and Monash.

pyko

psychopyko.com
HSC
Hurri said:
Campus is way better than that of UNSW, Adelaide, Newcastle and Monash.
that is 100% correct :D ok..well, at least I think it is....i live in brisbane (near UQ) but go to uni at UNSW - and UQ campus is WAAAY better!!

though just a word of warning...the colleges are also WAAY more expensive, but i think the facilities are better - eg. better rooms, better views and some colleges have their own gym/library :| (u'l have to look into this more, i just had quick look whilst comparing diff colleges around Aus)

but yeah, QLD is great :D bit humid at times, but other than that its really nice :p.

sweetcherry

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing BEd at USQ (Uni of Southern QLD) - today's the first day of semester 1 *eek!* I'm a first year by the way.

Cab31

HSC
Im at QUT and its a really good uni. Brissy is a great place to live!

jamesy_1988

HSC
hey i'm at uq doing engineering(chemical) and science (chemistry)

It is a very nice campus compared to the uni's in sydney. And the facilities are unreal, especially if you are doing biomedical engg or biomed sciences

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
What's the word on facilities and strength in botany and software/computers/programming?

Trev

stix
HSC
I don't do any 'botany' subjects, but as a part of electrical engineering first semester i'm doing CSSE1001 (intro. to computer science, or something) which is basically coding/programming.
I HATE it, I can't code anything for shit! (but that's my opinion).

We are taught to code in Dr. Scheme (program) using "pretty big" (language, I think that's it) and yeah, if you want I could send you the first two assignments we have been given on coding to give you an idea.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Dr Scheme is an IDE for Scheme, a version of LISP. LISP is a functional programming language designed for list processing and is the mother tongue of AI.

Uh, yeah, so... Scheme is good. I plan to learn it eventually. It's something to consider. (I'm considering transfering to UQ next year :p).

Trev

stix
HSC
Well, seems like you knew it all in the first place. :p
Yeah, those few new threads seemed to hint a possible transfer haha, told you to come to UQ in the first place didn't I, huh huh?!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Haha. Well I know a lot about programming, but I just wondered what language you guys used. Thanks for the rply in the other thread - very helpful.

And yes, you did. *slaps head*. Ah well. =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)