Apple Watch / iPhone 6 (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I've been playing with it and so far the surprising usefulness apart from being told when my CoC village is being raided is simply the fact it's waterproof. I was staying in the Ritz Carlton over the weekend and sat in the spa controlling my music on the iPhone and reading news/Twitter/Instagram on the watch. Admittedly not ground breaking things but it was surprisingly cool. What annoyed me though is the microphone seems to lose accuracy when dictating when it's wet, and there's no Facetime audio calling from the watch.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Bought a Creative Muvo Mini bluetooth speaker yesterday for cheap ($79 SGD) to put in the shower. Was originally going to get a Bose Soundlink Colour or Sound Blaster Roar 2 but then decided I should stick to one which is waterproof (or at least weatherproof). It isn't the best speaker in the world but it sounds good in a small enclosed area like the shower, and it's sufficiently waterproof according to online reviews to survive the shower.

11378885_1444899595834319_955464353_n.jpg

It's pretty awesome being able to listen to music and change tracks/songs/playlsit/etc in the shower.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
How does it look when you are calling someone via the watch, is like you are a Power Ranger (if you get the reference) :haha:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
How does it look when you are calling someone via the watch, is like you are a Power Ranger (if you get the reference) :haha:
I don't know how it looks but I feel like an idiot. It's also incredibly uncomfortable to hold your wrist at the angle which allows you to talk/hear effectively as the speaker is on the left side of the watch. Seems to work okay when you're in a quiet area or an office, but when I was walking through a relatively quiet outdoor hawker centre/food court, it was impossible to hear.

On another note, using voice in the shower isn't very effective either- the other person can't hear at all, dictation is hugely inaccurate (even if you hold the watch away from the shower) and should water droplets hit the screen, it confuses the touch screen a bit.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
This has become my blog for the watch so in the future I can look back on my views on this.

Today's new use - answering phone calls in the shower on the watch. Didn't use Bluetooth speaker (and there was no option to do so from the watch interface). Surprisingly effective.

I get the feeling that maybe what I needed was a waterproof iPhone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Bought a cheap $20 Milanese band replica today from a store in Funan IT Mall in Singapore... surprised at how decent it is given it's a knock off. The clasp isn't magnetic like the open clasp Apple one but at a fraction of the price ($25 vs $218) I'm not complaining. Hope it's waterproof.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
The missus seems to like her watch but doesn't make use of the features yet. Here's a comparison shot of her 38mm SS with my 42mm. I also put a new Hoco stainless steel band on.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
Bought a cheap $20 Milanese band replica today from a store in Funan IT Mall in Singapore... surprised at how decent it is given it's a knock off. The clasp isn't magnetic like the open clasp Apple one but at a fraction of the price ($25 vs $218) I'm not complaining. Hope it's waterproof.
was it easy to clamp on with the little factory pieces? I assume you got that small screwdriver

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
was it easy to clamp on with the little factory pieces? I assume you got that small screwdriver
The $20 band mentioned above just had a little clasp with you need a thin screw driver to pry up. See photo below.

The Hoco band however requires the proper tool to remove the pins and take pieces out to adjust length.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)