Application Guide for med/dent to Oz (1 Viewer)

boutfiddy

HSC
There was an article a while ago in the Newcastle Herald that said those running the clinical(?) part of the degree where refusing to continue if the cuts that the uni is making extended to the admin staff in the med faculty, and the degree could not continue wihtout them.
There was nothing from the uni only student speculation quoted, and even that was limited.
The concern probably is the result of the uni's debt. It all seemes to be speculation on the journalist's behalf.

Last edited:

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
Letter from the VC (newc)

You and your fellow students have been quite unnecessarily alarmed by material coming out of the School of Medical Practice and Population and health and published in the press. On behalf of the staff, i apologise for this.

There are no plans to close the medical program - never were and aren't now. Your continuation in the program is guaranteed. We will continue to take students into the medical program each year. We have a very good medical course and we will continue to do so.

Everyone can take great pride in the medical school's 25 years of acheivement. It will continue to achieve much, including graduation great doctors. Our plans are to enhance your experience at Newcastle not diminish it. I help establish the school -I'm not about to close it!

King Regard, Nicholas Saunders (Vice Chancellor and President)

m111

Define "cynical"
HSC
:kaz.n: said:
Shit! I filled out my Newcatle application form and didnt realise i had to send proof im an Aussie PR...arrrgh what am i going to do!
What?! What were we supposed to do?! *panic*

(Sings: "happy hundred to me, happy hundred to me...")

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Bob.J said:
Letter from the VC (newc)

You and your fellow students have been quite unnecessarily alarmed by material coming out of the School of Medical Practice and Population and health and published in the press. On behalf of the staff, i apologise for this.

There are no plans to close the medical program - never were and aren't now. Your continuation in the program is guaranteed. We will continue to take students into the medical program each year. We have a very good medical course and we will continue to do so.

Everyone can take great pride in the medical school's 25 years of acheivement. It will continue to achieve much, including graduation great doctors. Our plans are to enhance your experience at Newcastle not diminish it. I help establish the school -I'm not about to close it!

King Regard, Nicholas Saunders (Vice Chancellor and President)

m111

Define "cynical"
HSC
Joy of joys.

"Acknowledgement of receipt of application. An application for selection to the Bachelor of Medicine Program in 2006 has been recieved from [insert real or otherwise name]"

*crosses fingers*

*Note: not an invitation to supply my real name or details

Last edited:

David_O

HSC
N/A
m111: Great!
Now there's just the oh-so-little matter of getting accepted.

Zali

HSC
i didnt they sound a bit dodgy. the rural ones are ok ill apply for 1 of those if i get in

shafqat

HSC
N/A
Speaking to students, I think most would have been prepared to do bonded if offered, but there are also many (like me) who would not have accepted a bonded place, and gone to another uni/degree instead.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Well, most of the people around me in bonded places are either considering "paying them out" or don't care. For my part, well, the only places I can't really go are the inner suburbs of capital cities - and conditions are shit there anyway.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
isnt a condition.. that even if u pay it out u may still not get ure medicare provider number?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)